SRT Hellcat Forum banner
  • Hey Everyone! Vote for the Site Favourite HOTM winner for the year of 2022 HERE!
1 - 2 of 67 Posts

· Premium Member
Challenger SRT Hellcat
467 Posts
The Hellcat engine has untapped potential that the SRT Engineers designed in so they can easily up the game when the time comes........In the business we call it a safety factor......Chrysler did not spend all of the money on R and D to have the title lost in 1 year........My guess is the engine max potential is about 850hp to 900hp with not much more than tuning and maybe a cam adjustment.........

Reactions: Rock Petrick

· Premium Member
Challenger SRT Hellcat
467 Posts
they would have to up the trans and driveline too....

Dodge doesnt seem to change HP and up things...i think its going to be 707hp for 3 years no matter wha

when the 5.0 came out Dodge didnt up their 392 HP to get ahead....they were happy staying where they were and tying the 5.0 on the drag strip

Ford changes HP every year or every other year on the GT500's.....they are the only company i see who is willing to do it.

It took Dodge 4+ years to get the HC going....they are slow to move, slow to change....i dont see Dodge responding to anyone on a year to year basis
Chrysler never had to up the 6.4L to compete with the 5.0.........It always had more power and still does.......5.0=425 and 6.4=485.......The disadvantage was Price and that will always play a big part between the Mustang and Camaro........

1 - 2 of 67 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.