SRT Hellcat Forum banner
  • Hey Everyone! Vote for the Site Favourite HOTM winner for the year of 2022 HERE!
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

· Premium Member
2018 Hellcat Charger
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Recently had some mods done. 2.65 pulley, 160 t-stat, FIC1440 injectors, MM catch can, new plugs, e85 tune, cat delete, Legmaker CAI. Dyno’d at 832 to the wheels.

already had rear and mid mufflers deleted so it’s kind of obnoxious loud right now. Will be adding rear mufflers soon.

so it kind of idles funny with what seems like a little miss every 3 or 4 seconds. Barely moves the tech needle when it happens but I notice it. Maybe because it’s louder I notice it… also it seems to cut fuel when initially hitting the gas, at any speed, just for a split second then takes off like a rocket but doesn’t seem as smooth as it was before the mods. And the transmission takes a split second longer to decide if the pedal press is worth a downshift or keep same gear if that makes sense. Just stuff I didn’t notice before the mods.

is any of this related to the e85 or does the tune need tweaked maybe, or isit the open exhaust… the tuner says the trans needs a little time to learn the new tune and it will even out in time. I just want some of y’all’s thoughts

· Banned
1,027 Posts
Recently had some mods done. 2.65 pulley, 160 t-stat, FIC1440 injectors, MM catch can, new plugs, e85 tune, cat delete, Legmaker CAI. Dyno’d at 832 to the wheels.

already had rear and mid mufflers deleted so it’s kind of obnoxious loud right now. Will be adding rear mufflers soon.

so it kind of idles funny with what seems like a little miss every 3 or 4 seconds. Barely moves the tech needle when it happens but I notice it. Maybe because it’s louder I notice it… also it seems to cut fuel when initially hitting the gas, at any speed, just for a split second then takes off like a rocket but doesn’t seem as smooth as it was before the mods. And the transmission takes a split second longer to decide if the pedal press is worth a downshift or keep same gear if that makes sense. Just stuff I didn’t notice before the mods.

is any of this related to the e85 or does the tune need tweaked maybe, or isit the open exhaust… the tuner says the trans needs a little time to learn the new tune and it will even out in time. I just want some of y’all’s thoughts
160 thermostat?

· Premium Member
2018 Hellcat Charger
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
work has been crazy so haven’t been paying attention to this like I should.

Yes 160 thermostat, I thought 180 was the common swap but this guy has done too many of these kits on all types of hellcats for me to think he didn’t know what he was talking about. I went with it. His shop is Killer Performance near Kansas City, MO

I’m gonna try to figure out how to upload a video I took of the idle

· Premium Member
2018 Hellcat Charger
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Guess you can’t post videos, just pics?

· Registered
859 Posts

It sounds like the guys further up in this thread are right. Someone with a lot of expertise, etc. needs to look at it. There are so many little things that could be off.

I am assuming the custom tune would not balk at the 160 degree thermostat. There are many avenues to explore with this,

and 832wheel horsepower? Isn't that in the 1000hp flywheel neighborhood? WOW!

· Premium Member
2018 Hellcat Charger
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
If this works, here’s a video of a pull where it feels like fuel is being cut or something during wide open throttle.. notice the tach bouncing

66 Posts
O wow that’s not good. Hard to tell without a log. But I would be very worried it’s fuel cutting out. Could be a tune. I have a few ideas of what it could be in the file. There is a small chance it’s mechanical.
Do you have hp tuners ? If you do not. I am running a special on devices and tune. I know a lot of shops just use their device. But when issues come up you cannot log it.

· Premium Member
2018 Hellcat Charger
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
It is Hp tuners

· Premium Member
2018 Hellcat Charger
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
With just a boosta pump, I wonder if it’s not adequately feeding enough fuel. Stock pump being used currently

· Premium Member
2018 Hellcat Charger
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
I’m not sure how to post a log of it..

1 - 18 of 18 Posts