SRT Hellcat Forum banner

1 - 20 of 32 Posts

·
Registered
Charger SRT Hellcat
3,457 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
First passes on the new setup. Can’t thank Jeremy Satera enough for the support. New PB with the car. Got two good runs in. Only made three total, track was packed. The car has a lot more in it. DA was sitting around 2400 for one run and about 2000 when the sun went away. Ran 2 9.6’s..

I need some more seat time to let this thing rip off the launch. This is my best 60’ ever with the car. We will also have to play with the timing on the launch. I think we can throw more at it with this 315/50/17. Didn’t even hear a tire squeal.

Car was making only 16-17psi 🙃

4506F788-1F0B-49DC-ACD3-429AD8189677.jpeg
552ECFFE-E4B3-4A71-8440-5C19D35DBC4F.png
DC582371-A509-42AB-A563-7275A55EFD8D.jpeg
3B35BD10-4320-4543-93FB-720960357EC7.jpeg

·
Registered
Challenger SRT Hellcat Widebody
1,600 Posts
Heckuva day and from a Charger too...well done!

Whatcha got left on the car that's stock? :p

·
Registered
Charger SRT Hellcat
3,457 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Heckuva day and from a Charger too...well done!

Whatcha got left on the car that's stock? :p
lol. Trans :geek:

Ideally want to get the nitrous going on it before fall, but we shall see. I’m hoping to get a 9.4 out of this setup boost only in good DA.

·
Registered
Challenger SRT Hellcat
3,206 Posts
Damn thats moving in a taxi .

Good job and to consider you are only getting started . I definitely can't wait to see what happens as you figure the car out !

Sent from my BBF100-2 using Tapatalk

·
Premium Member
Charger SRT Hellcat
6,981 Posts
WTG!
Congrats on the New PB

Linda :)

·
Registered
Challenger SRT Hellcat
4,320 Posts
Ported blower doing work!

·
Registered
Charger SRT Hellcat
3,457 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Look forward to getting out in cool air that is for sure.

Have a revision to try for next outing that hopefully helps the 60’ just a bit more. It was short shifting a bit on the 1-2

·
Registered
1,345 Posts
Watch your weather reports for those somewhat freakish sunshine-rich (for warm, gooey drag strip) and cold-air (for density and spark advance) days.
Running in the evening just before the dew starts to fall on the all-day-warm asphalt may work well, also. In fact, night racing may be good, but I just do not know the combination of conditions in your locale.

·
Registered
Charger SRT Hellcat
3,457 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Watch your weather reports for those somewhat freakish sunshine-rich (for warm, gooey drag strip) and cold-air (for density and spark advance) days.
Running in the evening just before the dew starts to fall on the all-day-warm asphalt may work well, also. In fact, night racing may be good, but I just do not know the combination of conditions in your locale.
I’m in the Chicago area. Race in Wisconsin. We do get those days and I do race in favorable conditions with pretty good prep. I’m hoping for another outing before the cooler fall weather where we really get after it.

·
Registered
1,345 Posts
Sounds exciting. Being the Chicago area, if you could catch a healthy chance tailwind...

Reminds me of the time I rode my bike in a very brisk wind. I heard no wind noise in my ears for a change, as I was going the same speed as the wind with almost no effort. Strangely, the noise from the rustling long grass beside the road was crystal clear, and for the first time in my life, not overlaid with wind rumble going past my ears, as I was traveling with and, was, acoustically, the wind itself.

·
Registered
78 Posts
First passes on the new setup. Can’t thank Jeremy Satera enough for the support. New PB with the car. Got two good runs in. Only made three total, track was packed. The car has a lot more in it. DA was sitting around 2400 for one run and about 2000 when the sun went away. Ran 2 9.6’s..

I need some more seat time to let this thing rip off the launch. This is my best 60’ ever with the car. We will also have to play with the timing on the launch. I think we can throw more at it with this 315/50/17. Didn’t even hear a tire squeal.

Car was making only 16-17psi 🙃

View attachment 556999 View attachment 557000 View attachment 557001 View attachment 557002
Nice...Well done man.

·
Registered
Challenger SRT 392
157 Posts
Congratulations on your PB! That's haulin' the groceries!

I've heard good thing about Satera Tuning!

·
Registered
Charger SRT Hellcat
3,457 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Congratulations on your PB! That's haulin' the groceries!

I've heard good thing about Satera Tuning!
He is one of the top around in my book.

·
Registered
Challenger SRT Hellcat
135 Posts
Nicely done. Dig the wheels have the same set on my cat!

Question, what psi did you run at the strip front/rear and did you get an alignment for the drag pack? When i put the skinnies on the steering wheel alignment was way off.

·
Registered
Charger SRT 392
246 Posts
With the killer chiller I would not think DA makes a huge difference. that's why guys run ice tanks
DA makes all the difference. Easily .2-.3 if not more available from days like the OP with 2000'+ to a 0' or negative DA day.

·
Registered
638 Posts
DA makes all the difference. Easily .2-.3 if not more available from days like the OP with 2000'+ to a 0' or negative DA day.
it's a great time don't get me wrong
I went to the same track 2600da and a week later 200 da we both have killer chillers

YOU MAKE YOUR OWN AIR (as the big turbo and blower cars say) I went low 9.70.s high 9.60's all about 144 mph both days

·
Registered
Charger SRT 392
246 Posts
If all else was the same and you didn't see any gains from 2600 DA to 200 DA theres something else going on.
Our Redeye sees an easy 2-3 tenths from a similar change in DA.

·
Registered
638 Posts
If all else was the same and you didn't see any gains from 2600 DA to 200 DA theres something else going on.
Our Redeye sees an easy 2-3 tenths from a similar change in DA.
the red eye will not get intake and fluid temps in the teens like a killer chiller with a extra 3 gal of fluid you have maybe one gal not 4.big difference in keeping things and the red eye still has fluid hitting the warm heat exchangers

·
Registered
Charger SRT 392
246 Posts
Again, all else being the same, you should still see gains in better DA.
If your killer chiller was working the same at both times, the DA should have still shown a gain.

Check your logs, you're missing something.

1 - 20 of 32 Posts