SRT Hellcat Forum banner

21 - 32 of 32 Posts

·
Registered
Challenger SRT Hellcat
1,054 Posts
The times you modded guys are getting at the strip is insane to me! I recall not too long ago 10's were considered to be a seriously fast car....still is in my book. But now you guys are doing 9's and some shooting for 8's......insane!! lol

·
Registered
Challenger SRT Hellcat
4,320 Posts
Again, all else being the same, you should still see gains in better DA.
If your killer chiller was working the same at both times, the DA should have still shown a gain.

Check your logs, you're missing something.
I agree, the DA would still matter. A chiller doesn't necessarily create cold air, it just prevents as much heat soak from run to run.

·
Registered
Charger SRT Hellcat
3,457 Posts
Discussion Starter #24
DA should still be a factor. The air is much “harder” to get through compared to zero DA. I would figure at a minimum I’ll run a tenth quicker in fall weather just due to that.

·
Registered
638 Posts
I agree, the DA would still matter. A chiller doesn't necessarily create cold air, it just prevents as much heat soak from run to run.
Why do the big guys still use a air to water with ice? I can tell you my intake temps are 22 degrees in 90 degree weather why im making my own air.

I get what your saying about heat soak. but the hellcat can go 20 min before it pulls timing from heat.

·
Registered
Challenger SRT Hellcat
4,320 Posts
Why do the big guys still use a air to water with ice? I can tell you my intake temps are 22 degrees in 90 degree weather why im making my own air.

I get what your saying about heat soak. but the hellcat can go 20 min before it pulls timing from heat.
Its not the same as 22 degree ambient air

·
Registered
638 Posts
ok I will wait till oct my car should go 8.90's than if what your saying is correct
went 9.60 in a dig DA at 144.96. so you say picks up 2-3 tenths put me 9.30-40 than a 400 shot that's got to be goof for .5

·
Registered
Charger SRT Hellcat
3,457 Posts
Discussion Starter #28
ok I will wait till oct my car should go 8.90's than if what your saying is correct
went 9.60 in a dig DA at 144.96. so you say picks up 2-3 tenths put me 9.30-40 than a 400 shot that's got to be goof for .5
How do you think the Demon ran that 9.65 no one has been able to replicate? -1100 DA

What your logs too when the weather gets “good”. Might see another psi added, you’ll also see your car hungry for more fuel vs running in the summer.

Reactions: CatDaddyB5

·
Registered
Charger SRT 392
246 Posts

Intake temp does not create low DA.
Low IATS certainly give you the ability to run more timing, but there are other factors related to DA besides Temp that are helping you make more power and run faster when DA is low...like pressure, humidity, etc.

Nobody is telling you that low IATS are not a great thing to have, but they are not the same as running in low/negative DA.

·
Premium Member
Challenger SRT Hellcat
29 Posts
Congrats. That is a really good 60ft. time. Nice job. I agree, Jeremy Satera is awesome to work with. The process and the results are top notch. You have a bad ass car.

·
Registered
Charger SRT Hellcat
3,457 Posts
Discussion Starter #32
Congrats. That is a really good 60ft. time. Nice job. I agree, Jeremy Satera is awesome to work with. The process and the results are top notch. You have a bad ass car.
Thanks, he's been the best tuner experience I've dealt with to date. Excellent customer service for anyone considering.

Reactions: 2fast4u
21 - 32 of 32 Posts