SRT Hellcat Forum banner

A kid in a Cadillac

2680 27
Was staring and peering his head thru the back rear right window as his parent was driving on the left lane ahead of me while I was in my right and there was some traffic.

He kept popping his head out and looking back pointing at my car as we all were going about 40-50mph and there was a mustang right behind them but the kid kept pointing at my car and his parent slowed down their Cadillac to try and check my hellcat out. This happened for about 5 minutes.

The little boy was too adorable, I think he knows what he wants for a muscle car when he grows up.
  • Hey Everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this months Ride of the Month Challenge!
1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
Challenger SRT Hellcat
1,248 Posts
Was staring and peering his head thru the back rear right window as his parent was driving on the left lane ahead of me while I was in my right and there was some traffic.

He kept popping his head out and looking back pointing at my car as we all were going about 40-50mph and there was a mustang right behind them but the kid kept pointing at my car and his parent slowed down their Cadillac to try and check my hellcat out. This happened for about 5 minutes.

The little boy was too adorable, I think he knows what he wants for a muscle car when he grows up.
LIttle kids are the best they can't hide that excitement...so adorable!

·
Registered
Charger SRT Hellcat
773 Posts
Yes smart kid! I can honestly say that my current 11 RT gets a bunch of extra looks..people taking a second look wondering if it is a HC. To be honest it even feels good driving the RT knowing big brother HC will be in the fleet soon and the Hellcats rule the road.

·
Registered
Challenger SRT Hellcat
3,829 Posts
I know this feeling (not yet in the Hellcat though) My other car attracts kids all the time. Our car club had Masito make up matchbox sized cars painted with factory paint to hand out to kids at car shows or wherever we want.

Little kids are the best (as long as they are someone else's!)

·
Registered
Challenger SRT Hellcat
1,248 Posts
I know this feeling (not yet in the Hellcat though) My other car attracts kids all the time. Our car club had Masito make up matchbox sized cars painted with factory paint to hand out to kids at car shows or wherever we want.

my 10yr old wants my hellcat when he gets older...I said I think you are getting a beater first..lol

·
Registered
Challenger SRT Hellcat
1,248 Posts

the teenage boys are the worse wanna race all the time...blah! the little ones have that awe in their eyes and they get so excited and thumbs up(not all the time either). My son was with me one day when we first got it and he was throwing the peace sign and nodding his head to a Mustang driver...who in return did it back...that was respect.

·
Registered
Challenger SRT Hellcat
1,373 Posts

The best part of the story is hidden in the text:

"He kept popping his head out and looking back pointing at my car as we all were going about 40-50mph and there was a mustang right behind them but the kid kept pointing at my car and his parent slowed down their Cadillac to try and check my hellcat out. This happened for about 5 minutes."

Can you imagine how steamed the rustang driver was in having to watch some young boy admiring your car instead of his? For 5 minutes, no less? PRICELESS!

·
Registered
Charger SRT Hellcat
6,854 Posts
the teenage boys are the worse wanna race all the time...blah! the little ones have that awe in their eyes and they get so excited and thumbs up(not all the time either). My son was with me one day when we first got it and he was throwing the peace sign and nodding his head to a Mustang driver...who in return did it back...that was respect.
If I was that kid it wouldn't have been a peace sign to the Stang;)

·
Premium Member
Challenger SRT Hellcat
12,103 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Some dude pulled up along side of me 1/2 hour ago when I was getting lunch, asked when I got it and said 'You are one of the few, lucky ones"
Yeah I've had a few people say that to me. Some even say so it looks like you're one of the first 3 to 5 hellcats in Texas to get one. This was a few weeks back of course.

·
Premium Member
Challenger SRT Hellcat
12,103 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
The best part of the story is hidden in the text:

"He kept popping his head out and looking back pointing at my car as we all were going about 40-50mph and there was a mustang right behind them but the kid kept pointing at my car and his parent slowed down their Cadillac to try and check my hellcat out. This happened for about 5 minutes."

Can you imagine how steamed the rustang driver was in having to watch some young boy admiring your car instead of his? For 5 minutes, no less? PRICELESS!
Yeah it was a newer model mustang too poor feller

·
Premium Member
Challenger SRT Hellcat
1,536 Posts
Some dude pulled up along side of me 1/2 hour ago when I was getting lunch, asked when I got it and said 'You are one of the few, lucky ones"
Yep.. We are the few and lucky so far. When caren's Charger shows up (hopefully soon), it will be one of two Hellcat Chargers showing on Dodge's inventory in a 200 mile range. The other is 100 miles away..

Still have yet to see a Hellcat on the road.. Only at dealers.

Reactions: 630

·
Left Shark
Challenger SRT Hellcat
1,141 Posts
Yeah I've had a few people say that to me. Some even say so it looks like you're one of the first 3 to 5 hellcats in Texas to get one. This was a few weeks back of course.
Actually TX got almost 100 more HC's than any other state. 223 total a month or two ago, more by now.

·
Registered
Challenger SRT Hellcat
1,084 Posts

You should have dropped it a couple gears and lit them up at 40-50 you can do it you know!:D

1 - 20 of 28 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.