SRT Hellcat Forum banner
  • Hey Everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this months Ride of the Month Challenge!
1 - 20 of 47 Posts

·
Premium Member
2020 Challenger Hellcat Redeye Wide Body
11,447 Posts
Def not screwed. He only got a $450 ticket for 165 mph. I'm moving.

·
Premium Member
2020 Challenger Hellcat Redeye Wide Body
11,447 Posts
Yeah, but that's only the ticket. Who knows what amount his insurance bill increased.
Good question. Although in OK I'm not sure if the rate would necessarily go by the mph or the general violation.

·
Registered
2015 Challenger SRT Hellcat M6
768 Posts
Yeah, but that's only the ticket. Who knows what amount his insurance bill increased.
Prolly irrelevant. His driving privileges have been suspended. He's uninsurable but I'll bet dimes to dollars he'll still be out there tearing it up. On the plus side, he just moved up on the Street Outlaws list. Someone tell Big Chief or Murder Nova.

·
Registered
‘16 Challenger
903 Posts
Same in California…

No time soon anyways : )

As stated he will most likely violate his misdemeanor probation by driving on a suspended license and get a jail sentence outta the deal before it’s all said n done

·
Registered
'21 C8 2LT || Former 2020 Hellcat
2,758 Posts
Heh, only a $100 fine and a suspended license. In Florida, that would be a car payment of a fine and a mandatory court date.

·
Registered
262 Posts
I saw the actual ticket on a FB group, stationary radar. I'm curious how long it took him from a dead stop running radar until he over took the HC and then to the side of the road? Even if the HC hit the binders they were probably 2 counties over😎🤣

·
Premium Member
.2020 HCNBM6. ...2022 RENB...
2,355 Posts
The cost of the ticket is a bargain.

Insurance is not a problem in TX because (if I understand correctly) you can put up an “acceptable form of financial responsibility” such as a “cash deposit or a cashier's check with a county judge verifying you have deposited at least $55,000” in lieu of insurance.

The loss of license is the problem, and the cost of the lawyer to get it back. But it is doable.

I try to tell everyone to come to the Land Speed Trials at Loring AFB in Limestone ME and for $400 you can do it all day legally! (It is a long drive from TX though.)

·
Registered
Challenger SRT 392
8,315 Posts
In Virginia every 1 mph over 90 can be a day in jail, whoa 75 days!

Don't know if it's a felony but even with a misdemeanor you now have a criminal record.

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk

·
Registered
‘16 Challenger
903 Posts
I am representing that guy. Gonna prove to the court that he was really only going 25 mph cuz in his tazer he entered that his tires were only 4” tall. He will walk : )

1 - 20 of 47 Posts