SRT Hellcat Forum banner
  • Hey Everyone! Vote for the Site Favourite HOTM winner for the year of 2022 HERE!
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

· Registered
Challenger SRT Hellcat
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Every once and a while after startup my A8 ‘16 Challenger HC stays in 1st gear and shows a plus sign next to the gear indicator on the dash as shown in pic. Switching the gear lever to manual and back to auto clears it. Any thoughts?

· Registered
Charger SRT Hellcat
95 Posts
When you say it stays in first gear, do you mean it will not shift into 2nd when your drive it?

This will appear if you touch one of the paddles (which effectively puts the car into manual mode).

If the gear selector is in ‘Drive’ and you pull either of the paddles, you are now in the manual mode that will automatically upshift and downshift with the car’s speed.

If the gear selector is in ‘Manual’ the car will not upshift or downshift automatically.

· Registered
295 Posts
The same thing has happened to me. It just stayed in first gear, bouncing off the rev limiter. I'm pretty sure I hadn't accidentally touched the paddle, but I couldn't say absolutely that I didn't. So when it wouldn't upshift on it's own, I did try to upshift via the paddle which didn't work either. So I pulled over, selected the transmission selector to the left/paddle and then back to the right/automatic, which cured the problem.

As far as it happening again, it's never done that since (staying in first gear), but has stuck in a higher gear, necessitating moving the lever/selector to paddle and then back to automatic. Again, I don't think I accidentally touched a paddle to initiate the whole thing, but I can't be positive.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.