SRT Hellcat Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
2018 Charger Hellcat
2,277 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
This seems to be common with their poor quality. Not even on the car for a month. I had a vinyl overlay on the stock badge since 2018 & never an issue w/that. I emailed ABD Friday. They have till EOD Monday....

Also, how is this Hemi Orange? Looks like Gomango...

Attachments

·
Registered
Charger SRT Hellcat
1,393 Posts
Well, with anything painted on the front of the car you risk chips. Just think about it, you’re going 80mph and then something gets flung at it. I’m real hesitant to call this a quality issue. I’ve never purchased anything from ABD but I think you gotta consider how you’re using the product.

·
Premium Member
2020 Challenger Hellcat Redeye Wide Body
9,740 Posts
Im with BrakeFade on this. I have no idea how to protect against that one random rock that gets kicked up against your painted surface. I think you couldve gone one day or one year before a chip depending on your luck.

·
Registered
Challenger SRT Hellcat
1,983 Posts
Thats a lot of chips....
Less than 30 days old......
And not hemi orange.

Reactions: NeverEnough

·
Registered
2018 Charger Hellcat
2,277 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Well, with anything painted on the front of the car you risk chips. Just think about it, you’re going 80mph and then something gets flung at it. I’m real hesitant to call this a quality issue. I’ve never purchased anything from ABD but I think you gotta consider how you’re using the product.
Did you read my post? I had a cheap vinyl overlay on the front since 2018 that never showed any signs of wear.

·
Registered
522 Posts
I don't think you're getting the point. Have a good one
He actually is. It doesn't matter if it's 1 min or 100 years. A painted product on the front of a car will chip if a rock hits it thus why PPF is HUGE with car people. How many people on here have bought a new car and said, "wish I had the dealer PPF my car as I got ___ chips in my car just on the drive home"? I've seen at least a handful of people already and I'm still a pretty new member.

Vinyl doesn't chip nearly as easily as paint does.

With that said. A couple observations:
  • The black portion is clearly pitted (not chipped) so that means their was crap or rust on the metal when painted. That is poor QC.
  • The red (or orange) paint looks fine other than the one chip. That one chip is not ABD fault.
  • You saw the color of the emblem before you install it, correct? You should have returned it then if you didn't like the color. Once you install it, then you own it. Nobody here is going to be able to tell you what the color is or isn't as computer/phone screens distort colors and can also be tailored towards the viewers natural preferences (like cool white standard vs warm white standards).

With all that said above, my complaint to ABD would have been with the poor paint job in the black area. That should have been noticed prior to install though but that is the angle I would be taking vs the chipping on the orange if it was me.

·
Registered
2018 Charger Hellcat
2,277 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
There's more than one chip in it. Look this is poor quality and they didn't send me the right color and even his photo with colors next to each other that he sent me today claiming one is hemi Orange, is not hemi Orange. I guess they just don't know what the hell hemi Orange looks like.

·
Registered
Charger SRT Hellcat
1,393 Posts

Well, I thought there was water on it. I didn’t realize the black portion was chipping. In any case, good luck with your claim. I would probably reach out to them as well.

·
Registered
2020 TorRed Charger SRT Hellcat
643 Posts
Jeez that looks like it has been on the car for years.

After seeing their stuff years ago in person and seeing the poor quality, I went ahead, bought new badges and had them painted for my previous B5 HC Charger.

The paint on what I saw was horrible. Poorly sprayed

1 - 14 of 14 Posts