SRT Hellcat Forum banner
  • Hey Everyone! Vote for the Site Favourite HOTM winner for the year of 2022 HERE!
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

· Registered
Challenger SRT Hellcat
2,044 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just ran through the ABS brake bleed procedure.
It only had me bleed the front right and rear right, nothing on the left side.
Is this the normal ABS brake bleed procedure or did the left side somehow get skipped on me when I did it?

· Registered
Charger SRT Hellcat
1,566 Posts
I just ran through the ABS brake bleed procedure.
It only had me bleed the front right and rear right, nothing on the left side.
Is this the normal ABS brake bleed procedure or did the left side somehow get skipped on me when I did it?
Where did u get the procedure? Skipping half the car doesn't sound good...

The bleed procedure is really for the master cylinder & the wheel circuits. The ABS Modulator happens to be in the middle...

· Registered
Challenger SRT Hellcat
2,044 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
The service manual says to bleed all four corners, then do the ABS bleed procedure, then bleed all four corners again.
All I did is get into OBD and have it run through the procedure, just doing what it said to do.
I was surprised when it only did the right front and rear and then said it was all done.

· Registered
Charger SRT Hellcat
1,566 Posts
The service manual says to bleed all four corners, then do the ABS bleed procedure, then bleed all four corners again.
All I did is get into OBD and have it run through the procedure, just doing what it said to do.
I was surprised when it only did the right front and rear and then said it was all done.
You didn't say if you used a Bleeder Ball, 2-man or vacuum to bleed the brakes.

What brake fluid did you use and DOT Rating??

Yes, you have to bleed the base system first so all the air is out of the master cylinder and wheel circuits following the sequence. The sequence is for the Master Cylinder because it is a Tandem Unit. The Dodge Manual says the bleed sequence is RR, LR, RF, LF. If all the air is out and there is a good pedal, then you cycle the ABS Pump and Solenoids to get any air out of the ABS Module. Then, you bleed the vehicle again in the sequence. Check your pedal height and feel to check for success.

· Registered
Challenger SRT Hellcat
2,044 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
You didn't say if you used a Bleeder Ball, 2-man or vacuum to bleed the brakes.

What brake fluid did you use and DOT Rating??

Yes, you have to bleed the base system first so all the air is out of the master cylinder and wheel circuits following the sequence. The sequence is for the Master Cylinder because it is a Tandem Unit. The Dodge Manual says the bleed sequence is RR, LR, RF, LF. If all the air is out and there is a good pedal, then you cycle the ABS Pump and Solenoids to get any air out of the ABS Module. Then, you bleed the vehicle again in the sequence. Check your pedal height and feel to check for success.
I didn't mention those because they aren't relevant to my question, which is specifically: what is the ABS procedure--did my AlfaOBD skip steps or is what it had me do the same behavior that others who have done this procedure have also experienced.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.