SRT Hellcat Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
92 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was fumbling around the yoobtoobs like I usually do when bored - and came across some videos about active exhaust deletes (had considered this with my 2016 Scat Pack) and eventually came to a video about 2019+ models not throwing check engine codes if you just remove the (springs?) from the AE valves - the piece that moves the valve open and closed (pops off)

Not sure if anyone has confirmed it works on 2020s / 2021s but I went ahead and gave it a go on my 2020 and haven't had any issues.

I used some solid gauge electrical wire to tie the valves open (there's a hole you can feed wire through) and I wrapped the end around the closest threaded post so it's held nice and snug by the bolts that hold the assembly up.

·
Registered
2020 Dodge Challenger Hellcat Redeye Widebody
73 Posts
Have you noticed if the sound seems louder all the time? I have mid muffler delete and it sounds real good but wondering if it would sound a tad louder with this free mod.

·
Registered
73 Posts
Im going to do this on my next days off! What size wire do i need?

·
Registered
73 Posts
Just did it. So far no CEL. Might have to put 50 miles on it to double check. Heard some throw codes after a period of time. Hope thats not mine.

·
Registered
92 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Just did it. So far no CEL. Might have to put 50 miles on it to double check. Heard some throw codes after a period of time. Hope thats not mine.
Ive had mine done for a bit now, no codes
And sorry I didn’t get back to you sooner on the gauge - it was probably 16-18 gauge but solid and not stranded

·
Registered
Challenger SRT Hellcat
1,340 Posts
interesting. hopefully they just coded those stupid things out. I battled with my 2015 after changing the exhaust and then had a couple of the motors die, check engine light on a bunch of times. i could never understand why they would throw a CEL

1 - 8 of 8 Posts