SRT Hellcat Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a squeak from my active exhaust valve on my 2018 Daytona 2392. According to the dealer I can not buy the valve itself as that is part of the exhaust and I would have to buy a new exhaust from the dealer. Does anyone know of a fix that will stop the squeak for the valve inside the pipe? I don't think it is the actuator motor itself. I will be putting a new aftermarket exhaust on it soon. Will the valve be accessible when the new exhaust is installed?

·
Registered
Charger SRT Hellcat
60 Posts
my squeak was covered under warranty, and the dealer did in fact change the entire exhaust--it fixed the problem. If warranty does not apply to you, I can't be of much more help. GL

·
Registered
Charger SRT 392
272 Posts
I will be putting a new aftermarket exhaust on it soon.
You said this before in a different post.....which "aftermarket exhaust" are you getting?
It might possibly not use the valves, maybe just the actuators/motors, and therefore it wouldn't be an issue anymore.

Get a Mfer1 and call it a day!
^^^This!

If you're getting an aftermarket exhaust that'll reuse the valves (meaning you cut that section off the stock exhaust).....it'll keep the valves open and therefore without it moving, shouldn't squeak anymore.

There's this newer version of that from Khaos Motorsports, which is a little more money, BUT the install looks cleaner (IMO) when it's done

It's worth mentioning though, that I DO have the MFER-1 Extreme and it works well/no issues.

·
HOTM Winner
Challenger SRT Hellcat
1,439 Posts
I thought Mike from Mfer1 was a vendor here that's where I heard of it. It was a clean easy install and should eliminate the valve squeak because it can't move.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts