SRT Hellcat Forum banner
  • Hey Everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this months Ride of the Month Challenge!
1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
Challenger SRT Hellcat
2,869 Posts
if you had it on a HC it would screw up the SC cooling....your engine would most likely blow up from excessive heat

kinda like the Flowtie on the Chevy ZL1

i would have rather had a larger grill opening and have the adaptive cruise.....sad we dont get it

·
Premium Member
Challenger SRT Hellcat
4,764 Posts
You can get it on the SRT392 and ScatPack but not the Hellcat for the reason above (blocks cooling).

I don't like the way it looks on the Challengers that have it but I would have liked to have it if they were able to work something else out.

·
Vendor
Challenger SRT Hellcat
289 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
if you had it on a HC it would screw up the SC cooling....your engine would most likely blow up from excessive heat

i would have rather had a larger grill opening and have the adaptive cruise.....sad we dont get it
ZL1 does not have a flow tie, its the Z/28 that has it and my Z/28 will get hot on a hot day at the track.

·
Vendor
Challenger SRT Hellcat
289 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
You can get it on the SRT392 and ScatPack but not the Hellcat for the reason above (blocks cooling).

I don't like the way it looks on the Challengers that have it but I would have liked to have it if they were able to work something else out.
our Hellcat has the sensor in the other fog lamp that does not have the intake.

·
Registered
Challenger SRT Hellcat
1,009 Posts

Read that too....no ACC sensor and no fog lights.....they wanted to have maximum air intake through the front.....

·
Registered
Challenger SRT Hellcat
1,052 Posts

They should have put ACC in the other parking light center, oh well ACC, Hellcat, ACC, Hellcat,

·
Registered
Charger SRT Hellcat
723 Posts
I would like to drive a car with it, but even if it was an option on the Hellcat I would not have gotten it.
I have ACC on my 11 RT AWD and it is amazing tech! I swore I wouldnt buy a vehicle without ACC or AWD. That was until the Hellcat! :D

·
Registered
Challenger SRT Hellcat
3,449 Posts
I guess I feel when I am using traditional cruise control I am being lazy? (does that make sense?) I don't feel like I am in total control of the car, so adaptive crusie I think would be worse (still like to try it though)

·
Registered
Charger SRT Hellcat
723 Posts
I guess I feel when I am using traditional cruise control I am being lazy? (does that make sense?) I don't feel like I am in total control of the car, so adaptive crusie I think would be worse (still like to try it though)
Takes a bit of getting used to it and trusting it. But for mundane drives like going to work in traffic, I go 25 miles in heavy traffic without touching the gas or the brake let the car in front do the driving. With the ACC and FCW on you cannot rear end another car. Great piece of mind driving in heavy fog or snow too. 2 downfalls with the 11 version, radar sensor gets covered in ice dirt and snow stops working, at freeway speeds there is enough room for a car to pull in front of you and it just shoves you back and it only works to 20kph. It should be mandatory on every car. Save a lot of accidents!

·
Registered
Charger SRT Hellcat
723 Posts
I can't believe anyone drives in rain or snow with cruise control on. Any pro driver including law enforcement discourages it.
LOL Believe it! What pro driver? Law enforcement discourages it? They are experts in what? You will have to use that in many threads...law enforcement will discourage a lot of things we do in our Hellcats! :D
In all seriousness not sure why you would say that...the modern adaptive cruise control and Forward Collision Warning isnt cruise control of the old days. It shuts off if traction or stability control activate. It can also be nice peace of mind and safer than driving without it, it can see the cars you are following when you cant in blowing snow or fog. Try it. :)

1 - 20 of 28 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.