SRT Hellcat Forum banner

1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
Challenger SRT Hellcat
131 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys & gals,
I have a 2016 Granite Chrystal Challenger Hellcat that I would like to add a bit of colour . I was thinking of changing out my badging to B5 Blue or Go Mango including brake calibers and maybe a single hood stripe. Has anyone done something similar and would be willing to share pictures to help me make up my mind? It is currently pretty muck stock looking with tinted windows and factory satin black hood.

·
Registered
10 Posts
I too have a granite crystal color. I have the red Brembo brakes which really pop against the gray color of the car. I’ve considered a red strip down the car but I’m just not certain. Look forward to some of the responses you get.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
2020 Challenger Hellcat Redeye NB
300 Posts
Hey guys & gals,
I have a 2016 Granite Chrystal Challenger Hellcat that I would like to add a bit of colour . I was thinking of changing out my badging to B5 Blue or Go Mango including brake calibers and maybe a single hood stripe. Has anyone done something similar and would be willing to share pictures to help me make up my mind? It is currently pretty muck stock looking with tinted windows and factory satin black hood.
So, the picture I snagged isn't a great angle for the hood... but here's a couple of color schemes.... and really, the Satin hood is on countless cars..

thanks to @graycat for the image because I swiped it from here... Pictures of Granite Crystal Challengers please

·
Registered
2020 Challenger Hellcat Redeye Wide Body
9,348 Posts
Not a fan of color matching the badges and calipers. None of those look good to me. Not sure why but they look a little tacky to me. No idea why the red calipers just work but they do. Although a red badge kills it for me. Go figure.

·
Registered
300 Posts
Not a fan of color matching the badges and calipers. None of those look good to me. Not sure why but they look a little tacky to me. No idea why the red calipers just work but they do. Although a red badge kills it for me. Go figure.
Mine came with red calipers (Indigo Blue) and I would absolutely change them (I wanted orange but was tired of waiting)... but, I do agree with you on the color matched badges. I just tried to provide the op with a choice. All of the color combos on the calipers I think work... just a matter of preference.

If I were going to do anything with the Hellcat logo, I'd probably color match it so it blends in better... if at all.

·
Registered
2020 Challenger Hellcat Redeye Wide Body
9,348 Posts
Mine came with red calipers (Indigo Blue) and I would absolutely change them (I wanted orange but was tired of waiting)... but, I do agree with you on the color matched badges. I just tried to provide the op with a choice. All of the color combos on the calipers I think work... just a matter of preference.

If I were going to do anything with the Hellcat logo, I'd probably color match it so it blends in better... if at all.
Wasnt knocking you for providing options. Hope it doesnt read that way. Was more of a “I myself dont like them” kind of thing 😂.
I think I’ve been looking at these cars for years now and can’t accept any changes lol. Maybe it’s just a testament to how perfect I think FCA nailed them lol.

Reactions: DevilsReject97

·
Registered
300 Posts
Wasnt knocking you for providing options. Hope it doesnt read that way. Was more of a “I myself dont like them” kind of thing 😂.
I think I’ve been looking at these cars for years now and can’t accept any changes lol. Maybe it’s just a testament to how perfect I think FCA nailed them lol.
None taken my friend 😎

·
Registered
Challenger SRT Hellcat
1,788 Posts
I have a 2016 Granite Chrystal Challenger Hellcat that I would like to add a bit of colour . I was thinking of changing out my badging to B5 Blue or Go Mango including brake calibers and maybe a single hood stripe.
I added some color by changing to Hyper Black wheels. Gray calipers blend in well, and the factory stripes are more like ghost flames.
A bit of color was also added by letting the Granite, formerly hidden behind the badges, show.

It's a very early photo, so the grille badge was still in place. It has since been removed and a script "Challenger" emblem is now installed on the right side.

Reactions: DevilsReject97

·
Registered
Challenger SRT Hellcat
902 Posts
I added some color by changing to Hyper Black wheels. Gray calipers blend in well, and the factory stripes are more like ghost flames.
A bit of color was also added by letting the Granite, formerly hidden behind the badges, show.

It's a very early photo, so the grille badge was still in place. It has since been removed and a script "Challenger" emblem is now installed on the right side.
View attachment 571447
You read my mind! I also have the hyperblack wheels on my granite, with the twin carbon fiber stripes. I do have the red calipers though.

·
Registered
Challenger SRT Hellcat
1,788 Posts
I do have the red calipers though.
Hey, that's a whole lot better than the yellow ones on Trackhawks. Which I still haven't got around to paint black.

Reactions: audocat

·
Registered
Challenger SRT Hellcat
902 Posts
So, the picture I snagged isn't a great angle for the hood... but here's a couple of color schemes.... and really, the Satin hood is on countless cars..

thanks to @graycat for the image because I swiped it from here... Pictures of Granite Crystal Challengers please

View attachment 571407 View attachment 571408 View attachment 571409 View attachment 571410
The more I look at the blue, I kinda like it,sort of a mopar blue! Not for me though, I like my granite as is , stripes, and hyperblack srt wheels.

·
Registered
10 Posts
I agree with the other comments about leaving the calipers red, maybe match the badges to the calipers. I was going to change my badges after adding my 21" wheels to my Charger but left them stock after the wheels went on.

Attachments

·
Registered
19' Challenger SRT Hellcat REDEYE HC
115 Posts
20170717_201215.jpg
My 15' M6 HC...My splash of color on this one was THE RED WRAP ✔check on ONE SPOKE OF the rim...DOES IT show I love your car color..LOL,but you could ad wrap stripe of your color choice.......there did it...gave away another design SECRET ¡¡¡ doh!!

1 - 20 of 26 Posts