5,486 Posts

·
Registered
Challenger SRT Hellcat
5,486 Posts

·
Registered
90 Posts

Finally got to hear the sweet whine of this bad boy the other day (I started my liberty mutual 3 months of torture / driving monitor for discount right when I installed this)

I haven't used any other CAI to compare to, but the build quality is fantastic and install was relatively easy.

I ended up getting the carbon fiber rain shield so that's on there now (too lazy to go take a new / better pics at the moment lol) - but that's only because it was near impossible to get a non CF one when I ordered - was a huge delay in them making any and all the retailers that claimed they had stock were just waiting on aFe to produce more.

Anywho...hearing the intake suck in all that air and the whine come out gave me goosebumps the first time - no ragretz from me on the purchase.

One other thing to mention - I'm not sure when they had a part # change for the differences in intakes but I did apparently get a kit that wasn't suited for my 2020 widebody - it did not have a tee and hose that I needed (the one running across the coolant overflow tank) so I ended up finding whatever kinda worked and went with it lol

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #27 ·
View attachment 573140

Finally got to hear the sweet whine of this bad boy the other day (I started my liberty mutual 3 months of torture / driving monitor for discount right when I installed this)

I haven't used any other CAI to compare to, but the build quality is fantastic and install was relatively easy.

I ended up getting the carbon fiber rain shield so that's on there now (too lazy to go take a new / better pics at the moment lol) - but that's only because it was near impossible to get a non CF one when I ordered - was a huge delay in them making any and all the retailers that claimed they had stock were just waiting on aFe to produce more.

Anywho...hearing the intake suck in all that air and the whine come out gave me goosebumps the first time - no ragretz from me on the purchase.

One other thing to mention - I'm not sure when they had a part # change for the differences in intakes but I did apparently get a kit that wasn't suited for my 2020 widebody - it did not have a tee and hose that I needed (the one running across the coolant overflow tank) so I ended up finding whatever kinda worked and went with it lol
Couldn’t agree more. Upon initial takeoff, my smile got wider and wider! This car is truly amazing to drive.

·
Registered
2020 White Charger Hellcat w Black Leather/Alcantara Interior, Black Roof, Red Calipers & HK Stereo
58 Posts
Here is mine with the rain shield installed:

View attachment 573127 View attachment 573128

Picked up 30rwhp with tune after installing this intake. Picked up 1.5#'s of boost.

R.K.
That looks pretty cool. Do you or anyone else know how the AFE compares with the JLT power and whine wise? I am thinking of going with the JLT; but not 100 about it.

·
Registered
Challenger SRT Hellcat
5,486 Posts
That looks pretty cool. Do you or anyone else know how the AFE compares with the JLT power and whine wise? I am thinking of going with the JLT; but not 100 about it.
If you don't have an intake already, no question I would go with the aFe, its the highest flowing available.

Reactions: 786Kitty

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #33 ·
I can’t speak about the JLT but this AFE is very very nice. The oh so beautiful whine is insane. Not only that but I am very pressed with the build quality. I don’t often vouch for stuff but this one I do.

·
DRIVESRT.COM
Challenger SRT Hellcat
4,773 Posts

·
Registered
2020 Dodge Challenger Hellcat Redeye Widebody
73 Posts
If i were to get this afe intake will I need a tune for the supposedly 35 hp gain or just tune it for the extra airflow?

·
DRIVESRT.COM
Challenger SRT Hellcat
4,773 Posts
If i were to get this afe intake will I need a tune for the supposedly 35 hp gain or just tune it for the extra airflow?
A tune isn't needed. On the Hellcat, having a less restrictive intake makes it easier for the supercharger to draw air in and frees up HP that would have normally been a parasitic loss to run the supercharger. Per SRT, it takes ~80hp to run the supercharger and it has ~89% overall efficiency. Reducing restrictions in the intake tract increases overall efficiency. At the same time, overall efficiency decreases as inlet air temperatures increase. Good article by Kenne Bell below:

A tune also isn't needed for extra airflow on the Hellcat up to a certain point. For example, Litens has a 3.17 smaller pulley than OEM that they state does not require a tune. Calculated out, ~16000rpm on the supercharger @ 6200rpm on the engine with a boost increase from 11.6 to 12.6 psi; good from 714hp to 760hp.

·
Registered
2020 Dodge Challenger Hellcat Redeye Widebody
73 Posts
Wonder how the demon air grabber filter compares to afe? The demon filter from the crate box that comes with the demon challenger.

·
DRIVESRT.COM
Challenger SRT Hellcat
4,773 Posts
Wonder how the demon air grabber filter compares to afe? The demon filter from the crate box that comes with the demon challenger.
The Demon filter is smaller than the aFe. Unknown for the # of filter layers on the Demon filter but aFe has 5 layers.

21 - 40 of 51 Posts