SRT Hellcat Forum banner
  • Hey Everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this months Ride of the Month Challenge!
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
Charger SRT Hellcat
176 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
thought I would share my experience. Well, it was time to move on. My 16 HC Charger (got it new in 11/01/2016) provided 90k great miles. I never tuned it. I even stuck with the OEM filter. It was just bigger tires and cosmetic. I had an extended warranty. Whoever got my car got a high mileage car, but I assure you it is a strong car and well cared.

I LOVED this car. Great suspension, easy radio and climate controls, comfortable seats, large back seat and trunk (I have kids and am a golfer). All around great DD. Loved the power - once it gripped.

The car was easiy to maintain. Like the brake pads and oil changes were easy. Brake rotors were also easy to replace (I kept the the OEM hats and just replaced the rotors at 60kish miles).

Mechanically, it’s a strong car. Glad I got the extended warranty though. Under original and extended warranty, the rear passenger axle and S/C were replaced. That was within the first few thousand miles. Then, around the 50k miles, both intercooler were replaced - leaking fluid into cylinder 6 and 5(?). There was also a new radiator around 70k miles. There were also some other minor warranty wor.k.

i had dealer change out the spark plugs at 60k miles.

I started thinking of a new car when the interior and body started to go. For example, the front passenger door panel warped badly (embarrassing to me for others see that in a Hell Cat) and dealer was no help. Screws were starting to protrude through the rear bumper. Insulation in pass front fender came out. Little plastic trim pieces started to brake off. Radio and gps were getting all screwy on me, intermittently.

That’s when I realized that I better get a new car before crossing the 100k miles when the car would greatly decrease in value.

Had the interior held up better and/or dealer been more cooperative with me, I would have kept my HC until 150k miles like I originally planned.

But, overall, because I also had the extended warranty, the HC was a great car.

·
Registered
40 Posts
I think I’ll be there with you soon. 5 years, 41k miles. Just ready for something different. Mine has held up well, though my radio and gps are screwy and my paddle shifters don’t work correctly. It has to go in for the cat recall soon and hopefully they can fix those things. Good luck on your new car, whichever direction you go. Personally, I’m leaning toward a muscle car or Subaru project. Not sure yet.

·
Registered
Charger SRT Hellcat
1,497 Posts
Um, all that and no info on what you swapped it for?????

·
Registered
Charger SRT 392
268 Posts
Honestly I would recommend these cars to anyone looking but Dodge needs to step up and make things right about the interior panel warping and the Uconnect issues outside of the warranty periods. Without a question I'd buy another one though. I love mine and talk it up to anyone who talks down on them due to the issues of Chrysler Daimler back in the day.

·
Registered
Challenger SRT Hellcat
2 Posts
thought I would share my experience. Well, it was time to move on. My 16 HC Charger (got it new in 11/01/2016) provided 90k great miles. I never tuned it. I even stuck with the OEM filter. It was just bigger tires and cosmetic. I had an extended warranty. Whoever got my car got a high mileage car, but I assure you it is a strong car and well cared.

I LOVED this car. Great suspension, easy radio and climate controls, comfortable seats, large back seat and trunk (I have kids and am a golfer). All around great DD. Loved the power - once it gripped.

The car was easiy to maintain. Like the brake pads and oil changes were easy. Brake rotors were also easy to replace (I kept the the OEM hats and just replaced the rotors at 60kish miles).

Mechanically, it’s a strong car. Glad I got the extended warranty though. Under original and extended warranty, the rear passenger axle and S/C were replaced. That was within the first few thousand miles. Then, around the 50k miles, both intercooler were replaced - leaking fluid into cylinder 6 and 5(?). There was also a new radiator around 70k miles. There were also some other minor warranty wor.k.

i had dealer change out the spark plugs at 60k miles.

I started thinking of a new car when the interior and body started to go. For example, the front passenger door panel warped badly (embarrassing to me for others see that in a Hell Cat) and dealer was no help. Screws were starting to protrude through the rear bumper. Insulation in pass front fender came out. Little plastic trim pieces started to brake off. Radio and gps were getting all screwy on me, intermittently.

That’s when I realized that I better get a new car before crossing the 100k miles when the car would greatly decrease in value.

Had the interior held up better and/or dealer been more cooperative with me, I would have kept my HC until 150k miles like I originally planned.

But, overall, because I also had the extended warranty, the HC was a great car.
How much they give you on trade?

1 - 11 of 11 Posts