SRT Hellcat Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
Challenger SRT Hellcat
141 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does anyone have any experience with putting in lighter seats like Corbeaus or Kirkeys? I'm interested in dropping a little weight and wanted to know if the airbag lights can be taken care of and still be functional.

·
Registered
Challenger SRT Hellcat
141 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Cool. Will the harness interfere with airbag deployment if anything happens? I'm looking into some Braums and want to make them permanent replacements for the original seats

·
Registered
163 Posts
Cool. Will the harness interfere with airbag deployment if anything happens? I'm looking into some Braums and want to make them permanent replacements for the original seats
The only airbags that are affected are the ones you removed with the front seat, built into the seat. But I think they are built/intended for race only purposes. I don’t believe he recommends them to be used on the street.

·
Premium Member
Challenger SRT Hellcat
614 Posts
He can’t guarantee the airbags will work. I really wanted to do this at some point but if I was to ever crash on the street I would like my airbags to work and not just the light to be off. Good for track use I’m sure.

·
Registered
163 Posts
If the airbag light proves out...then all airbags still in the vehicle will function. You are obviously removing the factory seat which in and of itself has an airbag. The simulator simply makes the airbag module think the seat airbag is still intact. I bought mine from him with the intentions of running a very lite weight seat for race-only. On the street, I would want all my airbags intact including the seat airbag. To me... these are race only, much like lite weight aluminum bumper supports....not for street use. I categorize them the same way. But that’s just me. His harnesses do what they are intended to do.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts