SRT Hellcat Forum banner
  • Hey Everyone! Vote for the Site Favourite HOTM winner for the year of 2022 HERE!
21 - 38 of 38 Posts

· Registered
'15 Challenger SRT Hellcat 2020 hellcat redeye
147 Posts
If anyone wants to take the time, you will find that the top three filters are all oiled from the factory. (AfE, Greenn & K&N. Couldn't find factory statement on AEM although it is based on K&N helping to design. I would say that any of these could do the job. Factory filter is just as expensive, and depending on dealer, may be more.

· Premium Member
Challenger SRT Hellcat
2,437 Posts
If anyone wants to take the time, you will find that the top three filters are all oiled from the factory. (AfE, Greenn & K&N. Couldn't find factory statement on AEM although it is based on K&N helping to design. I would say that any of these could do the job. Factory filter is just as expensive, and depending on dealer, may be more.
Check aFe dry flow s 31-10220 fits Hellcats good flow specs (non oiled)

aFe 31-10220 Magnum FLOW OER Air Filter PRO DRY S for Dodge Challenger Charger V6 V8 Amazon Automotive

· DRIVESRT.COM
Challenger SRT Hellcat
5,251 Posts
Thanks for your input TSC. Do you have any concern with the fact that the K&N filter is oiled? I only ask because of a previous thread that you and huggytree were a part of where zazoo stated that SRT techs advised against.
As mentioned, oiled filters primarily become an issue with over-oiling and poor maintenance.

"A foreign object, whether it be engine oil blow-by, dust, dirt, or debris can mess up the accuracy of a MAF sensor. I don't think you'll have problems running an aftermarket oiled air filter/air intake so long as you properly maintain it. An oiled air filter can increase the risk to MAF sensor residue issues, not directly, but indirectly (think about how the purpose of the filter oil is to collect dust and debris; the oil residue collects on the MAF, the dust/debris collect on the residue etc) so, as a result, I think the response from SRT is more preventative in nature to recommend not using oiled filters." ~ me :)

The above being said, our sister GM cars had a TSB that had techs inspecting for over-oiled air filters and oil residue on the MAF sensor. If there were signs of this, they would deny warranty repairs to the MAF if there were issues etc.

Again, I see it as a warranty CYA just as if you applied anything else aftermarket to your vehicle.

In the end, you have to weigh the benefits vs the risks.

· Registered
Charger SRT Hellcat
6,854 Posts
Audi did the same

· Registered
Challenger SRT Hellcat
10,951 Posts
When I picked my hellcat up from the dealer,,I asked the service manger ,,, if I put a K&N filter in, will there be a warranty issue,, he said no..I then asked are you 100% sure,, he again said not an issue...so I bought a green one the next morning

· Registered
Challenger SRT Hellcat
395 Posts

· Registered
Challenger SRT Hellcat
59 Posts
21 - 38 of 38 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.