SRT Hellcat Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Premium Member
Challenger SRT Hellcat
266 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi Everyone,
Just wondering what most people see on their AIT vs outside air temp. I have an 18 and just put on the blower spacers and blanket to help keep it cool. Is their anything you can do to lower the air temperature going in to the blower? I live here in Phoenix so it's great now, but in the summer I see 145 degrees so. With it being 60 degrees out the AIT is 90 to 100 degrees.... Hitting the track this weekend for our NHRA drag racing series. Just got a tune and hoping the air (DA) will be 1500 or less and I can run 10.70's (11.00 is as fast as I have run all stock car with 2900 DA) but wanted too keep the AIT as low as I can. I do have the Tazer to help cool it down after making a run. Thanks for any suggestions....

·
Premium Member
Challenger SRT Hellcat
650 Posts
Ice Tank or Interchiller setup. Did you notice any change with the blower spacers? 30F above Ambient air temperature is normal for a stock hellcat. According to what you posted, it doesn't seem like it changed any?

·
DRIVESRT.COM
Challenger SRT Hellcat
4,795 Posts
So long as your IAT is reading 140 deg F or less, you’re not losing any power. I/C Coolant target temp of 100 deg F.

There is another thread about 180 TStat. That could help bring down engine coolant temp.

·
Premium Member
Challenger SRT Hellcat
266 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Ice Tank or Interchiller setup. Did you notice any change with the blower spacers? 30F above Ambient air temperature is normal for a stock hellcat. According to what you posted, it doesn't seem like it changed any?
Yes it changed, @ 70 ambient it was 120 AIT and I/C was 82. I did put in the 180 t-sat so water temp was 185 bufor. Now @ 60 it's 90 or so. It has overall lowered AIT vs ambient. I wanted to know why the 30 degrees difference. My shaker scat was only 10-15 degrees difference. Is the hellcat just getting to much air from the engine?

·
Premium Member
Challenger SRT Hellcat
266 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
So long as your IAT is reading 140 deg F or less, you’re not losing any power. I/C Coolant target temp of 100 deg F.

There is another thread about 180 TStat. That could help bring down engine coolant temp.
When the outside temp was 95, the AIT was 137 and the I/C was 105 just cruising @ 70mph. My 18 stock tune making a pass pulled 2.5 to 4 degrees of timing @ the track when the AIT was over 132 degrees with 100 octane fuel. So l know it was pulling power... I logged it to see if I had STKR, no knock but the temp was pulling timing. Got an OST DYNO tune now so I will see and it's cooler now here in Phoenix.

·
Premium Member
Challenger SRT Hellcat
266 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Just found out why the difference in the temp is.... it's not reading air intake temperatures really. It's manifold temp. It's where the temp sender is...

·
DRIVESRT.COM
Challenger SRT Hellcat
4,795 Posts
Just found out why the difference in the temp is.... it's not reading air intake temperatures really. It's manifold temp. It's where the temp sender is...

1 - 7 of 7 Posts