SRT Hellcat Forum banner

Have you encountered any problems with your Aircon?

• Yes, I have had my aircon fixed by the dealership - UNDER 5,000 miles - 2015 Model

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Yes, I have had my aircon fixed by the dealership - UNDER 5,000 miles - 2016 Model

Votes: 1 1.8%
  • Yes, I have had my aircon fixed by the dealership - OVER 5,000 miles - 2015 Model

• Yes, I have had my aircon fixed by the dealership - OVER 5,000 miles - 2016 Model

• No I have had no problems with my aircon - Car UNDER 5,000 miles - 2015 Model

Votes: 5 9.1%
  • No I have had no problems with my aircon - Car UNDER 5,000 miles - 2016 Model

Votes: 21 38.2%
  • No I have had no problems with my aircon - Car OVER 5,000 miles - 2015 Model

Votes: 13 23.6%
  • No I have had no problems with my aircon - Car OVER 5,000 miles - 2016 Model

Votes: 13 23.6%
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
Widebody Hellcat Challenger
337 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
2 Things

I had my aircon go at just over 5k miles, I am trying to find some guidance relating to how the repair is done (two pipes rubbing against each other problem) my local "Dodge Approved" garage said they think they will need to take the engine out LMAO! If anyone has had it done any information would mean a lot to me.

BTW I am in the UK so have no dodge warranty or proper dodge garages to take this to. The importer is great Charles Partos but as of yet not had this problem to deal with so no UK garage currently has any experience of this.

So any info, part numbers, job guide etc is welcome.

Just out of interest to see how widespread this problem is please answer the poll if you dont mind.

Many thanks for any advice/contribution to the thread.

·
Registered
2020 SRT SUPER STOCK HELLRAISIN
3,695 Posts
2 Things

I had my aircon go at just over 5k miles, I am trying to find some guidance relating to how the repair is done (two pipes rubbing against each other problem) my local "Dodge Approved" garage said they think they will need to take the engine out LMAO! If anyone has had it done any information would mean a lot to me.

BTW I am in the UK so have no dodge warranty or proper dodge garages to take this to. The importer is great Charles Partos but as of yet not had this problem to deal with so no UK garage currently has any experience of this.

So any info, part numbers, job guide etc is welcome.

Just out of interest to see how widespread this problem is please answer the poll if you dont mind.

Many thanks for any advice/contribution to the thread.
I am assuming you are talking about the air conditioning? If you lost the refrigerant charge due to a hole in a line it should be simple. Replace the lines and recharge the system.
Yes it might be real hard to access some of the fittings. That is why they said they may have to remove the engine. A good mechanic / craftsman could make some tools to reach or perhaps the factory has tools that can be purchased. The factory service manual should have the procedures and any special tools needed.
Worst case they are dropping the engine including the front suspension / cradle to get access. Again the FSM would be invaluable.

·
Registered
Challenger SRT Hellcat
1,661 Posts
Not many miles on my car, but I've not had any issues. Wish it blew cooler tho & the auto fan seems to run too low much of the time. The dealer did do a flash of the software when I was in there (for an unrelated service) a few weeks ago, not sure what it was suppose to correct but I've noticed no difference. Mine is a late June 2016 build.

·
BMF
4,575 Posts
My blows to cold 35 out the vents.

·
Registered
Challenger SRT Hellcat
68 Posts
My aircon had a problem with the liquid line they said it was rubbing against a power steering line or something like that? They didn't have to take the engine out or anything to fix it and I waited for it while they fixed it and it only took maybe an hour or two.

·
Registered
Challenger SRT Hellcat
68 Posts
My aircon had a problem with the liquid line they said it was rubbing against a power steering line or something like that? They didn't have to take the engine out or anything to fix it and I waited for it while they fixed it and it only took maybe an hour or two.

·
Registered
Widebody Hellcat Challenger
337 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Aircon finally getting fixed tomorrow wish me luck!!! (Actually the new pipes are getting fixed tomorrow, they dont have the 1234YF Gas so its getting gassed elsewhere in two weeks time when they have their machine fixed :D Nothing is easy!!

·
Registered
Challenger SRT Hellcat
377 Posts
AC all good at 2300 miles. Vented seats as well.

·
Premium Member
Challenger SRT Hellcat
8,156 Posts
No issues however they flashed a new HVAC update for my 2016 challenger last week, when I brought it in for the oil change. To be honest, I couldn't tell the difference after the update.

Maybe ResumeSpeed, fnkychkn and rayzazoo could shed some more light.

·
Registered
Challenger SRT Hellcat
134 Posts
Only problem here is the lovely musty/mold smell, as with all A/C cars, after I turn it off, blowing just the air.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts