SRT Hellcat Forum banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
Charger SRT Hellcat
479 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does anyone have any good pictures that show what these seats look like? Or can anyone provide their personal opinion on the comparison between the normal Laguna Leather and the Alcantara/Laguna seats?

Trying to decide if I want to edit my order and include this or not. I thought it was the same as the Alcantara Suede, but that doesn't appear to be the case.

·
Registered
Challenger SRT Hellcat
448 Posts
They are the same as far as feel. The reason people like this option is the steering wheel wrapped in Alcantara. Standard wheel on the Demon.

·
Premium Member
Challenger SRT Hellcat Widebody
308 Posts
I like the Alacantra package, feels soft and supple. Did notice the repeated entry into drivers seat has rubbed outer front edge of leather and have to use good leather conditioner to keep it looking right.

·
Registered
Challenger SRT 392
6,091 Posts
The alcantara seats with the Plus package are alcantara/nappa leather, with the Alcantara Appearance Package they are alcantara/laguna but the alcantara seat portion is the same. Still a little nice seat overall though with the laguna sides.

The door panel trim is also different, it's alcantara with Plus but laguna with AAP.

So with the AAP you get laguna trim on the seats and door panels along with the alcantara wheel.

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk

·
Registered
2020 Challenger Hellcat
179 Posts
I had the Alcantara/Laguna package on my T/A. I hated it. They look nice, sort of. But they do also look like cloth seats, which is a net negative. In addition, the alcantara soaks up the air from the seat cooler and dulls the heat from the seat heater. It is also notoriously difficult to clean and the alcantara soaks up odors (farts, taco smell, dog smell, whatever). Plus, the seats always felt sticky. Sure, they gripped you OK when cornering, but the sticky feel, again to me, felt more like a cloth interior than a proper leather interior. This is why I opted for the Laguna in my new Hellcat. It looks nicer, can be nicely shined, is softer, and doesn't have the same problems with the soaking up of the heating/cooling when active. Plus, the new 2020+ Laguna has white stitching on the leather dash and door panels, so it makes the Laguna seats look so much better anyway.

·
Premium Member
Challenger SRT Hellcat
285 Posts
I had the Alcantara/Laguna package on my T/A. I hated it. They look nice, sort of. But they do also look like cloth seats, which is a net negative. In addition, the alcantara soaks up the air from the seat cooler and dulls the heat from the seat heater. It is also notoriously difficult to clean and the alcantara soaks up odors (farts, taco smell, dog smell, whatever). Plus, the seats always felt sticky. Sure, they gripped you OK when cornering, but the sticky feel, again to me, felt more like a cloth interior than a proper leather interior. This is why I opted for the Laguna in my new Hellcat. It looks nicer, can be nicely shined, is softer, and doesn't have the same problems with the soaking up of the heating/cooling when active. Plus, the new 2020+ Laguna has white stitching on the leather dash and door panels, so it makes the Laguna seats look so much better anyway.
View attachment 561057
Everybody who owns a dog knows you don't feed them taco meat or else you end up with dog farts.

·
Registered
2020 Challenger Hellcat
179 Posts
And I also wouldn't want an Alcantara steering wheel. I am a proper taco eating car guy (see: eats tacos while driving with greasy hands fairly often). Alcantara is a chore to keep clean. For me, that steering wheel would just end up looking terrible in no time.

·
Premium Member
Challenger SRT Hellcat
285 Posts
This is too funny. I can chow down 8 tacos in one sitting. 10 on a good day. But not in my car!

·
Registered
Charger SRT Hellcat
1,060 Posts
I have the package and the Alcantera wheel is cool, but it feels thinner than the standard leather wheel. I prefer the leather wheel that I had on my other hellcat.

·
Registered
Challenger SRT Hellcat
3,164 Posts
Alcantara is the way to go. Cooler on your butt in the hot summer heat. Will hold you in place better. Plus they won't sag like the Laguna leather.

R.K.

·
Registered
Challenger SRT 392
57 Posts
I have a question. With the Alcantara the seats are heated and cooled as well as the steering wheel. But with the Laguna nothing is heated or cooled? Been wondering about this. Can someone chime in. Thanks

·
Registered
Challenger SRT 392
6,091 Posts
All steering wheels are heated.

All seats are heated.

All seats except the base cloth seats are ventilated.

·
Registered
2020 Challenger Hellcat
179 Posts
The heaters are an option for the seats. I have the Laguna package on my Hellcat and have every option available except the silly things in the technology group. I had that group in my T/A and didn't like it. I never used the adaptive cruise, the forward collision alarm is WAY too sensitive, it takes away your bright lights on demand (and again, is way too sensitive... mine would turn the brights off from just hitting a speed limit sign reflection), and 700+hp cars don't need to be out in the rain, so if you are out in the rain, having to manually toggle the switch is the punishment for stupid behavior.

That being said, you can get Laguna with heaters and coolers in the seats. And, they work better than the Alcantara since the leather transfers heat/cooling better. I could barely feel the heated seats in my Alcantara and I never felt anything with the cooler on. Not so with the Laguna on the Hellcat.

·
Registered
Challenger SRT 392
6,091 Posts
Heated and cooled seats are standard on everything but the base cloth, standard equipment not options.

·
Registered
93 Posts
I did not considered any Alcantara upgrade. It looks cool when new but it starts to show wear and tear easy and too fast. Conventional leather is much more resistant and easy to keep.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts