SRT Hellcat Forum banner

Alignment / Tire Shake Woes

4K views 69 replies 12 participants last post by  Blickie 
#1 ·
So I think I've exhausted all my options for the pull/tire shake.

I started off by getting an alignment, still pulled right. Then I went over and got the tires balanced. Still pulled right. Went back got the alignment rechecked, said it was in specs but had them flip the tires left right. Still pulls right.
Picked up new front tires since the pirellis are worn. Tires shake and it pulls right. I was told they don't use that "smart balance mode".

I'm making them rebalance them but if that doesn't work it's gotta be something else, I'll post my alignment sheet so you guys can look at it but, it might be something else at this point.

#2 ·

I started off by getting an alignment, still pulled right. Then I went over and got the tires balanced. Still pulled right. Went back got the alignment rechecked, said it was in specs but had them flip the tires left right. Still pulls right.
Picked up new front tires since the pirellis are worn. Tires shake and it pulls right. I was told they don't use that "smart balance mode".

I'm making them rebalance them but if that doesn't work it's gotta be something else, I'll post my alignment sheet so you guys can look at it but, it might be something else at this point.
Yeah, need to see the alignment printout.

Smart Weight/Smart Balance Mode MUST be turned off after a fresh calibration. Take a minute and ask to talk to the wheel tech doing the balance. Chat with him, tell him the story, what you need and ask the tech to work with you.

Might have a bad R/F Wheel Bearing.

#6 ·

Crown in the road? Find a dead flat road and see what is does.

#11 ·
Uneven caster side-to-side. Too much cross-caster can make a vehicle pull or lead towards the side that has the least (negative) caster.

Looking at your alignment results, the passenger side has .8 degrees more positive caster that the other side. Am I reading this correctly everyone?

#17 ·
Update, I jacked the car up, inspected everything. Brakes arent dragging and are fine, rotors are fine and all the components are in great condition.
So my guess is alignment. I'm gonna take it to a guy that knows whats he's doing and will report back.

#32 ·
I had the "frame" of my GTO pulled after the tire store tech ran it off the road on a "test" drive. The guy is really good and a few pulls and $250 later all the body panels lined up and were perfectly flush.

Point is, he said there are reference points he could measure to gage how much/far to pull. I am not an expert on this but if I were you I'd find a guy like this and hire him to check these reference points and see if there is evidence of "frame" damage.

If there is, maybe it could be fixed. If not, maybe he could be hired to testify.

#33 ·
I'd check the upper and lower control arms on the pass. side and have them inspected for damage... also check the subframe for collision damage or some such that may have occurred before you got it. You wouldn't be the first person to buy a used car that had a high speed date with a curb.

#38 ·
So I took it to the guy and here's the scoop.

It is what it is. It came like that essentially from the factory and that I would need a lot of work done to make things adjustable that aren't available from the factory. No damage wear etc or anything.

It would be around 900 dollars to do all the front end work. So the reality is Im just gonna live with it.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.