SRT Hellcat Forum banner

1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just picked up a 2019 Hellcat Charger with all-season tires all the way around. I'm looking to improve traction right away and from reading the forum here it sounds like the best option is to replace the rear rims and tires to go with a wider setup. So I'm currently planning to leave the front tires alone, remove the back rims/tires to save for when the fronts wear out, and replace the backs with something more beefy. I traded in a 2017 Cadillac ats-v and the Michellin Pilot Sports on that vehicle were VERY loud on the freeway which go quite annoying, so it would be great if I could replace with something a bit quieter, but still has great performance. So a few questions for the group.

1) Replicas hellcat wheels are what I'm looking at. What width should I go with? 10.5"? Where best to get them?
2) What size tire will be best for a 10.5" rim and fit the car the best? 305s or 315s?
3) What tire is recommended most? Note: this is a daily driver that I'll put 12k miles a year on, so I think drag radials are off the table for me. I've been reading good things about the Michellin PS4s and Continentals (Extreme contact something else)? Definitely want to go with a summer tire with best performance as I'm in Phoenix AZ and it really doesn't get very cold here. Would these options be relatively quiet and still offer great traction, handling, ride quality etc..?
4) Any recommendations on where to get the best price for this setup?

Thanks!
Mike

·
Registered
390 Posts
There's another thread where the dealer wanted to void all warranty cause of changing rear tires. You might check with your dealer...

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
There's another thread where the dealer wanted to void all warranty cause of changing rear tires. You might check with your dealer...
Interesting. What if I simply replaced the rear tires with the same size, but a better summer tire such as the Michelin? I dont see how that could possibly void the warranty. However, will I still get nearly the benefit as the 305?

·
Registered
144 Posts
I wouldn’t worry about a warranty regarding tires unless you are running full on slicks.

You may have to use a 3mm spacer with 315s in the back. Some go without but I personally wouldn’t do so. I have heard nothing but great things about Continental DWS06. These are the tires I plan to run (in the rear only, 295/40/20) when my stock pirellis are done. If you are spending the money then go ahead and get a wider tire. 295s will be fine in the rear on stock rim and should provide a bit more grip. The reason I’m not getting factory reps is because I love my stock rims too much.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I wouldn’t worry about a warranty regarding tires unless you are running full on slicks.

You may have to use a 3mm spacer with 315s in the back. Some go without but I personally wouldn’t do so. I have heard nothing but great things about Continental DWS06. These are the tires I plan to run (in the rear only, 295/40/20) when my stock pirellis are done. If you are spending the money then go ahead and get a wider tire. 295s will be fine in the rear on stock rim and should provide a bit more grip. The reason I’m not getting factory reps is because I love my stock rims too much.
Thanks. What is the reason you are choosing to opt for the dws06 over the extreme contact sport? The dws06 seem to be have more treadlife and maybe good for cold environments. Is traction not much different between the two? If not, I could see going with the dws06 as I do drive 12k miles a year.

·
Registered
135 Posts
Just picked up a 2019 Hellcat Charger with all-season tires all the way around. I'm looking to improve traction right away and from reading the forum here it sounds like the best option is to replace the rear rims and tires to go with a wider setup. So I'm currently planning to leave the front tires alone, remove the back rims/tires to save for when the fronts wear out, and replace the backs with something more beefy. I traded in a 2017 Cadillac ats-v and the Michellin Pilot Sports on that vehicle were VERY loud on the freeway which go quite annoying, so it would be great if I could replace with something a bit quieter, but still has great performance. So a few questions for the group.

1) Replicas hellcat wheels are what I'm looking at. What width should I go with? 10.5"? Where best to get them?
2) What size tire will be best for a 10.5" rim and fit the car the best? 305s or 315s?
3) What tire is recommended most? Note: this is a daily driver that I'll put 12k miles a year on, so I think drag radials are off the table for me. I've been reading good things about the Michellin PS4s and Continentals (Extreme contact something else)? Definitely want to go with a summer tire with best performance as I'm in Phoenix AZ and it really doesn't get very cold here. Would these options be relatively quiet and still offer great traction, handling, ride quality etc..?
4) Any recommendations on where to get the best price for this setup?

Thanks!
Mike
Hey Mike,

I bought my 2019 Charger HC five months ago.

If you want to drag race. Allow me to save you some money :) Do not do what I did and by 20x11 replica wheels. For drag racing; we need 15" or 17" wheels with huge sidewalls.

If you do NOT want to drag race....by 20x11 replica wheels and put 305 Nitto 555r. Will hook up great on the streets. But the street will tear these tires up quickly. Might want to think about going Continental ContiSportContact.

NOTE: replica wheels are on 4 month back order:

1. Go with 20x11" replica. I was impatient and did not want to wait 4 months and bought a "gloss" wheel and had them power-coated
2. 305 will fit out wells no problem and if you want to go with a 315; there is some massaging (heat gun and a 3lbs hammer) to not let them rub
3. If you do not upgrade your power level; 305 will work for now
4. Direct Tire is a good place to order wheels and tires

Regards,
Colby

·
Registered
144 Posts
Thanks. What is the reason you are choosing to opt for the dws06 over the extreme contact sport? The dws06 seem to be have more treadlife and maybe good for cold environments. Is traction not much different between the two? If not, I could see going with the dws06 as I do drive 12k miles a year.
Im in Michigan and my car is a daily so I need a good tire for rain and light snow. I would think that the Continental ExremeContact Sport would work just fine for you since you won’t see much rain.

·
Premium Member
8 Posts
Im in Michigan and my car is a daily so I need a good tire for rain and light snow. I would think that the Continental ExremeContact Sport would work just fine for you since you won’t see much rain.
I have a 2015 Charger Hellcat and live in southern OH. I replaced the Pirelli PZero summer tires with Cooper Zeon RS3 all season high performance radials. They are quiet and good in rain and handle well. Traction is very good for 'normal' driving and adequate for those short bursts of fun. I had these same tires on a 2013 300 Varvatos and they were good in light snow as well. Strongly recommend road force balancing the tires. You may have to search to find a shop that has this capability but is well worth it. Your car will ride incredibly smooth. Good luck.

·
Registered
390 Posts
Interesting. What if I simply replaced the rear tires with the same size, but a better summer tire such as the Michelin? I dont see how that could possibly void the warranty. However, will I still get nearly the benefit as the 305?
Same size (not slicks) on factory wheels should be fine, but again develop a rapport with your Service Mgr and ask but at the end of the day, FCA will make the final decision and may very well ask for pics.

My '19 Charger HC engine dropped a valve at 7,600 Miles and FCA made the tech take multiple pics of certain engine areas to make sure no mods had been done. You can deduce from there....

Best!

·
Registered
124 Posts
If you go with a 315 (I'd recommend it!) you will want that spacer. A 3mm will be more than enough and you can't even tell they are sticking out any further. I went with the DWS06 due to living in Wisconsin so our weather regularly gets below 50 with rain. I haven't been able to test them yet (still waiting on the front wheels to come back and it's in storage for winter) but I've heard nothing but good things about them. Keep in mind, you will still rip the tires up if you punch it from a dig.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Thanks for the feedback everyone!

Right now I'm thinking of purchasing the replicas that are 10.5 wide. Will both the continental extreme sport and michellin ps4s fit in a size 315 or do I need to move down to a 305? Wondering if the 315 in these brands might be a little bit too wide for the rim based on my reading on the site..

Also the replicas (Hellcat by wheel replicas/replica alloys) from discount tire appear to be a matte black while I believe my current rims are a satin black. Will the rear rims match up with the front or should i be looking for another brand?

Thanks!
Mike

·
Registered
135 Posts

Right now I'm thinking of purchasing the replicas that are 10.5 wide. Will both the continental extreme sport and michellin ps4s fit in a size 315 or do I need to move down to a 305? Wondering if the 315 in these brands might be a little bit too wide for the rim based on my reading on the site..

Also the replicas (Hellcat by wheel replicas/replica alloys) from discount tire appear to be a matte black while I believe my current rims are a satin black. Will the rear rims match up with the front or should i be looking for another brand?

Thanks!
Mike
Our 2019 Charger HC are matte black.

10.5 wheels can fit a 305 or 315 tire.

As far as the brands and width; I do not have any experience with the Michelin or Continental 315.

If you are not increasing your power level to race; 305 will do

·
Registered
163 Posts

Thanks!
Mike
10.5 will work but make sure you have the right offset. If the rims you buy have a +25 offset then you will need a spacer

·
Registered
144 Posts
10.5 will work but make sure you have the right offset. If the rims you buy have a +25 offset then you will need a spacer
What size tire you running?

1 - 20 of 28 Posts