SRT Hellcat Forum banner

1 - 20 of 41 Posts

·
Registered
Challenger SRT Hellcat
359 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just got done installing alum DSS fairly easy and straight forward install, however the pass front resonator
is touchoing the drive shaft. So i removed the exhaust again and kindly asked the muffler to provide a little more
room for the drive shaft. After a little negotiating with a 3lb sledge i have 3/16 clearance.
Being as the rear end is fixed and the driveshaft should not move, or completely modifying the exhaust
system or deleting the front resonators i dont think i can get much more clearance. 60 mile road trip and no signs of shaft touching muffler yet.

What has every one else seen on A8's when installing a aluminium shaft.

Thanks
Jim

·
Registered
Challenger SRT Hellcat
1,835 Posts
I've done 1 that cleared easy, and I did another that needed "reconfiguring"...

·
Registered
Challenger SRT Hellcat
1,080 Posts

·
Registered
Challenger SRT Demon
59 Posts
I just put mine on Thursday small clearance problem at same spot just loosened all the hangers and clamps and re tightened everything with it pried over as far as it would go and it relaxed back with about a quarter inch or more clearance to spare. Had it out today was pretty hard on the tires and no noise or rubbing sure seems a lot quicker in reacting to input now definitely no 2 piece wind up with carrier slop just instant rubber roasting can't wait to see what happens with slicks ...

·
Registered
Challenger SRT Hellcat
1,080 Posts
I don't know, that's why i asked the question. I'm in the process of ordering one i wasn't sure if the mufflers are just off on some cars.
it will not be the shaft

·
Tri-State Overlord
Challenger SRT Hellcat
2,274 Posts
knowing dodge build quality some of the exhaust systems are probably offset a little

·
Registered
Charger SRT 392
181 Posts
keep in mind the mufflers and the resonators will not be a "clocked" thing, some may have to do a little moving or re-contouring when doing this. Most do not have issues. When we put the 9" kit in we had to hit the top a little but not much.

·
Registered
Challenger SRT Hellcat
1,419 Posts
keep in mind the mufflers and the resonators will not be a "clocked" thing, some may have to do a little moving or re-contouring when doing this. Most do not have issues. When we put the 9" kit in we had to hit the top a little but not much.
how far out are we looking on new orders to be shipped. Im looking at placing my order mid to late Feb, wondering how long it'll take to get shipped

·
Registered
Challenger SRT Hellcat
501 Posts
Is there a list out there on what aftermarket exhausts fit and don't fit with the upgraded drive shaft?

·
Registered
Challenger SRT Demon
59 Posts
Aftermarket should not be a problem as they need to be assembled and clamped or welded by installer nobody ships a completed system to many variables to account for due to production tolerances ect. Factory is jig welded unit with minimal adjustment was fit to the car on the line if one has a problem its set aside and they grab the next one and the oem shaft is only 3 inches leaves a big margin of error.

·
Registered
Challenger SRT Hellcat
223 Posts
Well I ran into the same thing today, shaft rubbing against the exhaust. She'll be back on the lift tomorrow. I'm going to see what I can figure out with getting more Clearance without torture....lol

·
Registered
Challenger SRT Hellcat
1,835 Posts
Well I ran into the same thing today, shaft rubbing against the exhaust. She'll be back on the lift tomorrow. I'm going to see what I can figure out with getting more Clearance without torture....lol

Before you remove the exhaust, mark it where it is interfering... Remove exhaust... Grab a 3lb hammer and a block of wood... A couple good smacks and your problems will be solved... Great stress relief too ...

1 - 20 of 41 Posts