SRT Hellcat Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys looking to upgrade driveshaft on my 15 cat to aluminum one piece. Any vibration or complaints with this upgrade?

·
Premium Member
Charger SRT Hellcat
6,862 Posts
There were lots of posts about vibration. Recently though it has been posted by a member that once he got an alignment done it solved the problem.

I did not have that problem.

I have had a DSS AL installed since 2015. Another thing that can happen is the Diff can break which mine did and it took out my half shaft. 1st one to have that happen.
Next my diff broke again and it took out my Drive shaft.

So I highly suggest you purchase a P4D Diff brace for peace of mind.

If you haven't upgraded your exhaust and are thinking about that too. I have the AWE track exhaust which is 3 inches and fits perfectly with the DSS 4 inch AL DS. No Tuning required either if you are stock.

Linda :)

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
There were lots of posts about vibration. Recently though it has been posted by a member that once he got an alignment done it solved the problem.

I did not have that problem.

I have had a DSS AL installed since 2015. Another thing that can happen is the Diff can break which mine did and it took out my half shaft. 1st one to have that happen.
Next my diff broke again and it took out my Drive shaft.

So I highly suggest you purchase a P4D Diff brace for peace of mind.

If you haven't upgraded your exhaust and are thinking about that too. I have the AWE track exhaust which is 3 inches and fits perfectly with the DSS 4 inch AL DS. No Tuning required either if you are stock.

Thanks Linda
I did plan to do the brace along with the drive shaft. I was optimistic when I heard the DSS al shafts were high speed balanced and indexed at 9000 plus rpms.
anyway all stock at the moment also was reading up on demon and red eye Shafts are beefed up from my stock 2015 and would probably be just fine for my street application.
I will also probably change out to 3:09s
Before it’s over
Thanks again

·
Premium Member
Charger SRT Hellcat
6,862 Posts
You are right about the Demon and Redeye parts and if you aren't drag racing with the sticky MT St rs you will probably be fine.

I also have the 309 gears...1st Charger Hellcat ever to have them installed back in 2015 a surprise gift from my husband. He already had them installed on his Challenger.
[email protected] was in on the secret. But we had a deal that he had to tell me if my husband John @Top Cat added anything I didn't know.
It was funny that night we were at the Track all together as we were 3Xs a week for T&T R&D of parts and Tuning.
Josh looked nervous and said to me BTW I had your Charger on the dyno today.... ummm you might feel a kick in the pants when you launch tonight. LOL He was nervous I could tell but he didn't want to ruin the surprise.. I loved the 309 gears and I still do.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts