SRT Hellcat Forum banner
  • Hey Everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this months Ride of the Month Challenge!
1 - 20 of 39 Posts

·
HOTM Winner
2020 Challenger Hellcat Redeye Wide Body
12,073 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·

·
Registered
Demon destroyer gray
148 Posts
You might as well get used to it that’s the way the car industry is going. Since electrics are coming they’ve gotta make their money back someway and subscriptions are the way that they’re going to do it.

·
HOTM Winner
12,073 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
You might as well get used to it that’s the way the car industry is going. Since electrics are coming they’ve gotta make their money back someway and subscriptions are the way that they’re going to do it.
I wont buy one is all. I can see them getting massive blowback over it. Not just from me lol.

·
HOTM Winner
12,073 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·

·
Registered
‘21 SRT SUPER STOCK
2,121 Posts
The other day mine expired and kept coming up on the screen, then stopped after the 4th time exiting out, wonder if it’s gonna do it all over again the next I get in it…I hear ya slow, a real p.i.t.a

·
HOTM Winner
12,073 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·

·
Registered
740 Posts
When I bought a Chevy a couple years ago and Signed up for Onstar and SXM (I think) that’s included with the car. They asked for my credit card so they can charge for an upgrade after 6 months. I said NO WAY! I’ll call you guys back. Lol.
I’m not upgrading or paying for all this extra crap. I get the base Onstar for free. If they charged for that, I wouldn’t pay it.

·
Registered
2022 Frostbite SS Ordered 03/24/22, DELIVERED 08/12/2022
496 Posts
Toyota tried to do that just to have remote start. They got such a bad rap & blowback, they said forget it. For now........
That was not too long ago and I read in an article about them that Toyota was thinking about charging for everything like heated seats, car start, pretty much any electronic option that they can turn off if you don't pay for a subscription. Also read that they where thinking about doing it retroactive back until model year 2015 on some cars and that is when people really got up in arms with Toyota! Can you imagine buying a car and then 7 years later your seats don't work and you find out the manufacturer turned them off :oops: unless you pay for something you already paid for!!! Sounds like the government and taxes.

YOU WILL OWN NOTHING AND BE HAPPY!!!!

·
HOTM Winner
12,073 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
BMW, Subaru, and many others are now doing it. Same thing for us with U Connect.
Uconnect? Not that I’m aware of. I’m not paying any subscription for anything.

·
HOTM Winner
12,073 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
The fact that every new car will have it and they will jack the price up by $1500 for something completely unnecessary for profit just smacks of greed. To me it's like saying “hey look, we’ve added pink leather to all of our cars and youre paying extra for it, you know, for a better driving experience”. Let’s see how long it lasts. Now I see how people turn into ranting lunatics lol.

Reactions: GdBye and Bobo

·
Premium Member
.2020 HCNBM6. ...2022 RENB...
3,169 Posts
So if you lease a vehicle, which is pretty much a subscription, you need an additional subscription to be able to use the features that come with the vehicle.

I have CAD software that I purchased almost 10 years ago, works great. These days you can't buy it; it is only available as an annual subscription. What's next? You need a subscription to run your lawn mower? Dishwasher? Furniture? Front door? Asphalt on the driveway?

a spokesperson said making customers pay for the service will “enhance [their] vehicle ownership experience.”

Enhance this GM!

1 - 20 of 39 Posts