SRT Hellcat Forum banner
  • Hey Everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this months Ride of the Month Challenge!
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey y’all. I got a carbon fiber hood Dimmesdale installed by a local body shop from Anderson composites. I got some self-adhesive insulator that you put under the hood and I didn’t wanna wait for them to do it as The guy that does it is on vacation for a few weeks and I figured it would be easy to do. If any of you’ve done this would you mind showing a picture of where you put your insulator under the hood? I’m sure it’s pretty self-explanatory but I have to cut these up and stick them under there so would be great to see something that works. Thanks everyone

Challenger SRT Hellcat Widebody
143 Posts
Any plans to manufacture a carbon rear valence for the narrow body Challenger? I see you guys make one for the widebody and Demon. I would be a buyer.
Currently, we do not plan on making a rear diffuser for 2015 and newer standard body Challengers, sorry. But, we will make note for this request along with rocker panels.

·
Registered
3,495 Posts
Hey y’all. I got a carbon fiber hood Dimmesdale installed by a local body shop from Anderson composites. I got some self-adhesive insulator that you put under the hood and I didn’t wanna wait for them to do it as The guy that does it is on vacation for a few weeks and I figured it would be easy to do. If any of you’ve done this would you mind showing a picture of where you put your insulator under the hood? I’m sure it’s pretty self-explanatory but I have to cut these up and stick them under there so would be great to see something that works. Thanks everyone
I would like to mention that carbon fiber is, in and of itself, quite a good medium for resisting heat transfer, so the insulator is not such an issue as very-heat-conductive aluminum hoods would require it to be. However, if sound attenuation is a desirable goal, also, then I could see it being more of a concern.

Challenger SRT Hellcat Widebody
143 Posts
I would like to mention that carbon fiber is, in and of itself, quite a good medium for resisting heat transfer, so the insulator is not such an issue as very-heat-conductive aluminum hoods would require it to be. However, if sound attenuation is a desirable goal, also, then I could see it being more of a concern.
We encourage everyone that utilizes a composite/fiberglass hood that they use heat insulation and hood pins for added protection and safety to get the best results from their hood.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts