SRT Hellcat Forum banner

1 - 20 of 72 Posts

·
Vendor
Challenger SRT 392
4,645 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
ANDERSON COMPOSITES CARBON FIBER HELLCAT HOOD 2015-2017 CHALLENGER

Anderson Composites is pleased to announce that its 2015-2016 Dodge Challenger Hellcat Carbon Fiber Hood has been added to Dodge Challenger product line. The OEM-Style Carbon Fiber Hood for 2016 features carbon fiber construction with aggressive functional hood vents including both left and right bezels for heat extraction. The combination of great looks, weight savings and heat extraction makes this a great hood for racers, or those looking to give their 2015-2016 Dodge Challenger Hellcat an aggressive style.

Features:

Carbon fiber construction
Functional Hood Vents
Weight savings over stock hood
Aggressive styling

Flat $175 US48 Freight Shipping.
To Order: Anderson Composites Carbon Fiber Hellcat Hood 2015-2017 Challenger

Thanks
Chris

·
Registered
Challenger SRT Hellcat
315 Posts
What is the difference in weight between OEM Hood and Anderson Composites Carbon Fiber Hellcat Hood?

·
Administrator
Challenger SRT Hellcat
7,692 Posts
That's not bad it was 1000 here in Canada to get almost no black paint on my hood.

·
Registered
Challenger SRT Hellcat
315 Posts
Great, I would appreciate that!

Looks like a cool upgrade....
(The devil is in the details)

·
Vendor
Challenger SRT 392
4,645 Posts
Discussion Starter #6 (Edited)
We have been in direct contact with Anderson Composites, at this time they were unable to provide us with the weight of this hood. We will check back every so often to see if they can provide us with the requested information.

We do know that the OEM Hellcat hood is about 10LBS.

- Alexis

·
Registered
2020 Challenger Hellcat Redeye Wide Body
9,310 Posts
I def like. Is there any special care for cf?

·
Registered
9,310 Posts
So are these cf over fiberglass or all cf or...
Cant tell from the description in the link. Wondering about needing hood pins for stability at speed. Not wanting the pins. Really liking this hood but not wanting to take a hit on stability and possible issues at higher speeds.

·
Registered
Challenger SRT Hellcat
4,547 Posts
Just thought I would ask, which one is lighter?
CF or OEM
All the CF hoods I've seen have been lighter, but if they use the factory struts and front hood latch, they've been in the range of 5 lbs. lighter. I haven't seen anyone make a good, super light, liftoff yet.

Back when I had a Firebird, the factory hood was about 30 lbs. and my cf liftoff was just over 10. Those were the days.

·
Registered
9,310 Posts
Why would someone buy one of these CF hoods outside of it just looking cool?
You pretty much just answered ur own question. Its definitely cool looking. It does save about 5 lbs i think but i wouldnt buy one for weight savings, i just think it looks super cool.

·
Moparpalooza
Charger SRT Hellcat
757 Posts
Any charger pieces coming?

·
Registered
9,310 Posts
Pretty sure they already have the Charger hood too.

·
Registered
Challenger SRT Hellcat
2,020 Posts
Why would someone buy one of these CF hoods outside of it just looking cool?
Not to mention that when you factor-in all the attachment gear, it's not that much lighter than the factory hood ... :rolleyes: Just sayin'.

·
Registered
9,310 Posts
Not to mention that when you factor-in all the attachment gear, it's not that much lighter than the factory hood ... :rolleyes: Just sayin'.
u mean the same gear thats on the stock hood? That has to be there regardless. Taking that into the equation makes no sense unless u mean adding hood pins which i wouldnt. You lose about 5 lbs overall. Def not the reason most people buy these unless they race and are shaving every last lb. They just look trick is all.

1 - 20 of 72 Posts