SRT Hellcat Forum banner

41 - 60 of 71 Posts

·
Premium Member
Challenger SRT Hellcat
986 Posts
TMAC was going to post the part numbers for the hood lifts. And no one posted on the fit and function of the hood.
Fit and finish are as good as the factory hood. I did finally get what look like the right hood lifts as far as pressure. Still way less than the factory hood lifts are. Just enough to hold it open. Sorry for the lengthy time line, but I am gone from home 5 days a week, every week. I bought my Hellcat Challenger in mid Feb of this year, and have only managed to put 1760 miles on it so far. I have like 3 hours a week of Hellcat time.

Tomorrow, I will get some close up shots of the hood/fender seams. And I will snap a pic of the info on one of the hood lifts. Only had these lifts on for 2 weeks

·
Registered
Charger SRT 392
1,196 Posts
Great pics thanks for posting

·
Registered
Challenger SRT Hellcat
99 Posts
That looks great! I think I need one of those. How does the underside of the hood look? Photo? Are you pleased with the hood lifts? Where did you source the hood pin kit and how easy/difficult was it to install. I've always been a huge fan of carbon fiber. Even had a set of carbon fiber wheels on my Yamaha. Love it!

·
1st Hemi, 2017 Challenger Hellcat after "51-Years"
Challenger SRT Hellcat
2,213 Posts
As promised, pics and hood lift info.
I really like this shot. Open in full sun. Really pops.

View attachment 294977
Your CF hood in all the pictures looks "Outstanding". :)
I read your posts and from what you said you are hardly ever at home.
But, if you don't mind it would be great to see the (Underneath-Side) of it in some really Clear Large Images.

I also saw the Rear-Trunk-CF Spoiler and it looks in the picture to be a Match to the Hood, is it from the same Company ???

Here is a picture of mine on a 2008 Bullitt Mustang and my performance shop sent it to a custom paint shop and had the Center painted to match the Body.
This CF hood was from Seibon in CA.

Terry

·
Premium Member
Challenger SRT Hellcat
986 Posts
I will try for some pics of the underside once I recover from some unplanned surgery I had 2 weeks ago.

·
Challenger SRT Hellcat
2,213 Posts
I will try for some pics of the underside once I recover from some unplanned surgery I had 2 weeks ago.
Take Care of yourself and get well soon. :D

Terry

·
Registered
Challenger SRT 392
86 Posts
Why do you need different hood lifts? I have a carbon fiber hood on my srt8 and the stock lifts seem to work just fine.

·
Registered
Challenger SRT Hellcat
2,274 Posts
Looking good but never got pics of the under side of hood I feel a little cheated Been a long wait No I feel medium cheated and in 6 months if no pictures totally cheated feeling

·
Premium Member
Challenger SRT Hellcat
986 Posts
My bad. But in my defense, I have not driven the Hellcat in over 2 months. During a routine exam they found a tumor. This was early Dec. For the rest of the month, I was in for multiple MRI's and CT scans. The holidays caused it to be delayed. On Jan 8, I had surgery to remove one of my kidneys.

I am recovering well, and will make it a priority to get those underhood pics once I am completely thru recovered. 2 more weeks.

·
Challenger SRT Hellcat
2,213 Posts
My bad. But in my defense, I have not driven the Hellcat in over 2 months. During a routine exam they found a tumor. This was early Dec. For the rest of the month, I was in for multiple MRI's and CT scans. The holidays caused it to be delayed. On Jan 8, I had surgery to remove one of my kidneys.

I am recovering well, and will make it a priority to get those underhood pics once I am completely thru recovered. 2 more weeks.

TMAC,

On Jan 8, I had surgery to remove one of my kidneys.
Hey buddy the ONLY really important thing from my perspective is you getting over that surgery.
Take care of yourself ............

Terry

·
Registered
Challenger SRT Hellcat
2,274 Posts
Hope all is well with your health You should consider using CBD 100% legal in all 50 states My brother in law been going through something very similar and started using Holistic Life CBD and said in just days could feel the difference and his Drs asked what he was doing so he told them Said going online has found it to be the norn using it Sorry not all car related but just passing good info to get and keep you well for Hellcat good times Well family as well Cant wait to hear about your car once you can get at it

·
Registered
Challenger SRT Hellcat
2,274 Posts
If the carbon hood is very close in weight to the stock hood which it is if not a bit heavier why the need for different hood struts also how is the hood clearance compared to the stock hood Will it clear with the guys running Whipples

·
Premium Member
Challenger SRT Hellcat
5,546 Posts

Sorry to hear of this and wishing you a speedy recovery.

·
Vendor
Challenger SRT 392
4,645 Posts
Discussion Starter #59
We spoke directly with the manufacturer today, they told us they see no reason for their hood not to fit with the Whipple. As their hood is made based off of the OEM hood, we we're told if anything you could notch out some of the hood as it is carbon.

- Alexis

41 - 60 of 71 Posts