SRT Hellcat Forum banner
  • Hey Everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this months Ride of the Month Challenge!
1 - 20 of 44 Posts

·
Registered
Challenger SRT Hellcat
325 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have tried 3 times to put my car on my lift at home. The car sits too low for a 10000 pound rotary lift. I cut 2x8 boards to a 45 degree angle to drive on and still not high enough. I screwed more 2x8s to the first ones cut to the same angle and they slid on my epoxy floors so I glued rubber conveyor belt to the bottom and still could not get the car on all 4 at once. I took the car to the dealer and asked them to change oil and they said they couldn't pick it up. Their lifts were too high and they also can't pick up a viper. So I have a very nice car that the dealer can't change oil in and I really don't want to go to Jiffy lube for their $19 special. Why does Dodge let dealers sell cars they can't work on. Does anyone have a number for Dodge or SRT? I had one when my car was being built but now I can't find it.

·
Registered
Challenger SRT Hellcat
2,473 Posts
SRT = 855 778 8326

Do you have other Dodge dealers in your area? Might have to find a Viper dealer. I guess that's a benefit of living in a major city, Houston has like 20-30 dealers.

·
Premium Member
Challenger SRT Hellcat
912 Posts

·
Registered
Charger SRT Hellcat
6,126 Posts
Electric hoist should work nothing in the middle.

·
Registered
Challenger SRT Hellcat
1,553 Posts
Down south I hear they're piling up a batch of cinder blocks, and having you launch it off a ramp in the pizza joint parking lot next door, Duke Boy's style. Seems risky, but if it's the only way to get your oil changed, I guess it's worth it, just make sure to hit the right speed so you land just right.

·
Registered
Challenger SRT Hellcat
325 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
SRT = 855 778 8326

Do you have other Dodge dealers in your area? Might have to find a Viper dealer. I guess that's a benefit of living in a major city, Houston has like 20-30 dealers.
These guys sell vipers also. They are 4 miles from my office but I don't understand why Dodge lets them sell cars they can't work on.

·
Registered
Challenger SRT Hellcat
2,473 Posts
So they lifted the car and took the back wheel off to change oil? Jacksonville Fl is a big city but I think there are only 2 dodge dealers here.
Look at the dodge website for others, looks like about 10 in the area, see which one deals with Vipers and other SRT vehicles, I bet they could help you out.

Text Map Red Line Diagram

·
Comfortably Numb
Challenger SRT Hellcat
3,254 Posts

·
Registered
Challenger SRT Hellcat
1,198 Posts
So a dealer needs to put in a lift or dig a pit to change the oil on one type of car, yours.You have a lift and you cant get the car on it and you knew you had a Hellcat, did the dealer sell you the car or know their lift would not work. I really think if everyone is over the age of ten the problem can be worked out. People are always asking a dealer to be honest with them and as soon as they are your mad because they dont have a lift to change your oil. Why the dealer doesn't just use another method is beyond me. Dodge dealers are franchises and Dodge could not know what equipment a dealer has. this is why some dealers dont order or deal with SRT line of cars. Spend thousands of dollars on equipment for cars that may never come doesn't make sense. Really????

Reactions: Ray Hunsaker

·
Registered
Challenger SRT Hellcat
1,198 Posts
I have the 67 inch Race Ramps and they are excellent for my Dodge Charger SRT. Since the Hellcat is only about half an inch lower, and basically the same car, should be no problem.
Try these with your lift, quote is from another post about Race ramps

·
Premium Member
12,594 Posts
My dealer has the special lift and it is right in front of the waiting room window so I can keep an eye on them the whole time they are touching my baby! They are not a huge dealer, but do sell a few Vipers.:D

·
Registered
Challenger SRT Hellcat
325 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
I think if they sell something they should be able to work on it, not just change oil but change a transmission if need be. I found some softer rubber and I think I can put it under the board ramps I made to get it high enough for my lift without boards sliding.

1 - 20 of 44 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.