SRT Hellcat Forum banner
  • Hey Everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this months Ride of the Month Challenge!
1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
Challenger SRT Hellcat
283 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
This dealer is the closest dealer to me and I had called them back in October when I wanted to submit a pre-order. They told me then that they would be asking a premium over MSRP, I never asked how much - just said Ok - Bye.

My order is in with a dealer 25 miles away but at MSRP. I hope it's still sitting there when I get mine in 1/2Q 15.

New 2015 Dodge Challenger SRT Hellcat For Sale Orlando FL

·
Premium Member
Challenger SRT Hellcat
12,103 Posts
This dealer is the closest dealer to me and I had called them back in October when I wanted to submit a pre-order. They told me then that they would be asking a premium over MSRP, I never asked how much - just said Ok - Bye.

My order is in with a dealer 25 miles away but at MSRP. I hope it's still sitting there when I get mine in 1/2Q 15.

New 2015 Dodge Challenger SRT Hellcat For Sale Orlando FL
quick update - I updated your link since it was linking to some other site then forwarding to the dealership you mentioned, now it goes directly to it. thanks for sharing!

·
Registered
Challenger SRT Hellcat
283 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Well, since I have not seen a Hellcat in person, I decided to go down to this dealer for a look see - and what do ya know, someone in a much larger tax bracket than me has purchased this car for the low price of $90k...I guess it must of been worth it to them to get the car now for a 25k premium. I spoke to one of the managers (nice guy) and he tells me that they have a white one in route, I asked "You charging over MSRP"? He responds Yes...I ask why and he says people will pay it - I respond "not this person" and he smiles and says it wouldn't be him either. Moral of the story is as long as there are folks where money is no object to them, there will always be dealers that will do this.....of course they will not be getting any sales or service business from this consumer.

·
Registered
Challenger SRT Hellcat
424 Posts
Well, since I have not seen a Hellcat in person, I decided to go down to this dealer for a look see - and what do ya know, someone in a much larger tax bracket than me has purchased this car for the low price of $90k...I guess it must of been worth it to them to get the car now for a 25k premium. I spoke to one of the managers (nice guy) and he tells me that they have a white one in route, I asked "You charging over MSRP"? He responds Yes...I ask why and he says people will pay it - I respond "not this person" and he smiles and says it wouldn't be him either. Moral of the story is as long as there are folks where money is no object to them, there will always be dealers that will do this.....of course they will not be getting any sales or service business from this consumer.
That person must have been a Bankster

·
Registered
Challenger SRT Hellcat
223 Posts
A fool and his money are easily parted.

·
Registered
Challenger SRT Hellcat
223 Posts
Use some white shoe polish. Write bought at MSRP on your back window. Then go visit this dealer everyday. Tell him you will stop if he pays you. Now that would be fun.

·
Registered
Charger SRT Hellcat
7 Posts
In Phoenix they want 5,000 to 10,000 $ down + 25,000 over sticker. My brother came in over Thanks Giving who has a Hellcat Challenger on order, I want the Charger Hellcat as I'm currently driving a 2013 Super Bee and really like it but you can never have enough HP. He told me his dealer back in Southfield Michigan sells it for 2,000 over sticker but you get all the paper work, build sheet etc. I called them up gave a credit card for the 2,000 deposit (refundable) and I am #2 on the list.

Screw the dealers here in Phoenix and no none of guys can deliver it to me.

·
Registered
Challenger SRT Hellcat
3,163 Posts
lots of people make $200,000+ a year and could pay anything for this car....i could too if i wanted to.....i just refuse on moral grounds....i can make $5k quickly with my business and toss it down for a ADM.......but id rather spend that $5k and take the family to Disney or put in retirement....not in a dealers pocket for doing 1 hour of paperwork

·
Registered
Challenger SRT Hellcat
1,279 Posts
The car simply isn't in the realm of the 100K market. That's why I like it! It's a blue collar "super car". If I was so inclined to spend that kind of money, there are a lot of options... This is the car that can scare the bejesus out of the guy who can't drive, but can afford the exotic...
Go used & you could have a riot with a 100k, if the maintenance doesn't kill you you!!! To pay that kind of asking price, IMO, is a hell of of an impulse buy!

·
Registered
Challenger SRT Hellcat
30 Posts
Avoid Paramus Dodge in New Jersey, they are only taking orders at $15k over book, as it's a limited edition - hell I really, really hate to crash their party on that one! Also and most worryingly, when tonight 2/23/15 I mentioned the CHARGER hellcat - they hadn't a F**kin clue what I was talking about!!!!!!!!

·
Registered
Charger SRT Hellcat
168 Posts
I tried all the Florida dealers - in central Florida +20K over MSRP. In Daytona or Lakeland +10K and +5K. Same in south Florida. I placed an order in Michigan at MSRP. I will drive the car home 1200 miles before I will pay these Florida dealers a dime of my hard earned money. There is a dealer in Clearwater who will sell at MSRP but has not had one yet and has no allocations. Forget looking in Florida IMO.

1 - 20 of 28 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.