SRT Hellcat Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
95 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My wife wants more "growl" from her 2017 SRT392 Grand Cherokee. We have a SRT392 Challenger and a HC so have made mods in the past. I am reading conflicting info on H vs. X pipe for growl vs. raspy.
My plan is swap mids for a Flowmaster 40, add H pipe and leave the reso's. Will that achieve a modest increase in volume but with the growl? And definitely don't want highway drone!

·
Registered
24 Posts
I would definitely look at H pipes. I have been looking hard at this. I have a 2014 GC 6.4 and I am stuck between two routes. Buy the Borla ATAK for the 2014 or get the 2015+. If I get the 2015+ it will be a cat back. The 2012-14 is the axle back and half the cost. But I can remove the stock suitcase and go with an H pipe. From all the research I have done the H pipe MAY lose a few hp but it will for sure improve low end tq and it sounds a lot deeper like what we are looking for. The x pipe may contribute to the raspy sound.

·
Registered
95 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I would definitely look at H pipes. I have been looking hard at this. I have a 2014 GC 6.4 and I am stuck between two routes. Buy the Borla ATAK for the 2014 or get the 2015+. If I get the 2015+ it will be a cat back. The 2012-14 is the axle back and half the cost. But I can remove the stock suitcase and go with an H pipe. From all the research I have done the H pipe MAY lose a few hp but it will for sure improve low end tq and it sounds a lot deeper like what we are looking for. The x pipe may contribute to the raspy sound.
Thanks for the input. We have the HC so losing a few hp in the Grand Cherokee is ok! My wife would be happier with the growl. Her being happy is the best thing for a family that spends a lot on cars😁

1 - 3 of 3 Posts