SRT Hellcat Forum banner
  • Hey Everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this months Ride of the Month Challenge!
1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
BritishCat
Challenger SRT Hellcat
942 Posts
They should call it the Warranty Killer. At least it's not a Mustang...I guess.

Kenne Bell Hellcat Blower Kit Takes the Challenger Scat Pack to 901hp - Torque News
I saw this posted around facebook.

I'd rather keep my warranty to be honest. I can't see 901hp out of the 392 without some major upgrades to internals, all of that and blower install would surpass the $7k mentioned in the article.

Not to mention nothing will be happening until tuning is made available.

We should also consider the source of this article too. Very poor reputation.

·
Registered
Challenger SRT Hellcat
645 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I suspect the driveline as a whole would also need urgent attention. How auto writers refuse to take that into consideration while bragging on tuner cars baffles me.

·
Premium Member
Challenger SRT Redeye
8,881 Posts
If they could get it to pump that much power, you are right, first they need to beef the entire drivetrain, then cool it, then hope that engine holds together for at least a couple of races before it explodes.

Oh and they have the same problem as we do now....how to get more than 700 hp to the pavement?

·
Premium Member
Challenger SRT Hellcat
1,856 Posts
I was asked if my car was available for the 4.2 version to be used as a test vehicle, but without the ECM getting unlocked it's kind of useless, they would have had to use a standalone ECM and I'm not looking to do that....

·
Registered
Challenger SRT Hellcat
9,998 Posts
Top cat, and others are right,, until they crack the ecm,,, your not changing anything,,,, and the scat packs are tearing rear ends up when they put DRs on, and that's a cost of 3000 dollars,I think it's a pipe dream

·
Registered
Challenger SRT Hellcat
645 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Hey Top Cat, did they end up finding a test mule? I'm not volunteering, but would love to see what they come up with on the HC. Also interested to see what the weak links in our drivetrain would be.

·
Premium Member
Challenger SRT Hellcat
1,853 Posts
Although interesting, there's no way the internals will handle that much power without a major overhaul. The driveline won't be able to handle that either...figure a change to the driveshaft, axles, and transmission. In the end, this will cost WAY over $7000. Hell, the blower I had on my previous 392 was $7000 alone. After other modifications, I was up near 13k. At that point, I was around 630hp at the crank. Could I have gotten more...yes, but not without detonation and risk to blow the internals of the engine. I inquired about simply changing the pulley and retuning it (which are simple upgrades), but to do so safely I would have had to forge the bottom end, change to 1000hp axles, amongst other things. That quickly shot the cost up by thousands and was not worth it with the Hellcat coming out. For them to say $7000 and BAM you get 901hp is unrealistic and any hardcore gearhead will know that. They can't even tune the car yet LOL Just my .02.......

P.S.- I would love to see what the 4.2L blower looks like....that's a lot of displacement! Another added cost would be repairs when things start breaking and are not covered under warranty...another reason why I went the Hellcat route!

·
Registered
Challenger SRT Hellcat
9,998 Posts
Agree,, just buy a hellcat, and when they crack the ecm , spend a couple bucks on a pulley, tune, and be done... I would even pay dodge to do this upgrade,, that way they can put a safe tune in it, and maybe keep my warranty,,

·
Premium Member
Challenger SRT Hellcat
1,853 Posts
There's honestly no point to 900+hp unless you can get it to the ground anyway! The Hellcat is difficult enough to launch LOL.

·
Premium Member
Challenger SRT Hellcat
11,026 Posts
Although interesting, there's no way the internals will handle that much power without a major overhaul. The driveline won't be able to handle that either...figure a change to the driveshaft, axles, and transmission. In the end, this will cost WAY over $7000. Hell, the blower I had on my previous 392 was $7000 alone. After other modifications, I was up near 13k. At that point, I was around 630hp at the crank. Could I have gotten more...yes, but not without detonation and risk to blow the internals of the engine. I inquired about simply changing the pulley and retuning it (which are simple upgrades), but to do so safely I would have had to forge the bottom end, change to 1000hp axles, amongst other things. That quickly shot the cost up by thousands and was not worth it with the Hellcat coming out. For them to say $7000 and BAM you get 901hp is unrealistic and any hardcore gearhead will know that. They can't even tune the car yet LOL Just my .02.......

P.S.- I would love to see what the 4.2L blower looks like....that's a lot of displacement! Another added cost would be repairs when things start breaking and are not covered under warranty...another reason why I went the Hellcat route!
True my super bee to get it past 670HP was gonna cost me $16k with some reforging done to the engine parts and to get it past 800HP was gonna cost me about $37,000

·
Premium Member
Challenger SRT Hellcat
1,856 Posts
I was asked because we have experience with the large KB blowers, 3.6/4.2 and the new 4.7 and to be honest there are very few around that would want to do what is needed to up grade the car to handle the HP/Tq the KB's make. Every drive line part would need up graded including the trans input and output shafts, as far as getting the car to handle the power, we were running consistent 1.32-1.36 60' times with the IRS and 15" wheels with 29.5 x 9.5 x 15 slicks.

·
Have Guns Will Travel
2019 Challenger SRT Hellcat Redeye - 2015 Challenger Hellcat
6,308 Posts
Fortunately, the folks the Kenne Bell Performance are working on a supercharger package that could lift the output from 485 to 901 horsepower. That is 901 horsepower, according to the folks at Hot Rod.

It's a paper tiger and what about the drive train. Also it does not have a forged bottom end. It will blow that engine all to hell.

·
Registered
Challenger SRT Hellcat
367 Posts
No matter what they do to a scat pack It will not be a hell cat. and in 10 yrs it will still just be a scat pack.. Im not knocking the scat pack, I was going to buy one. For the $$ they are hard to beat. BUT i knew deep down that I would not be happy when I ran up on a HC. :eek:

·
Premium Member
12,594 Posts
No matter what they do to a scat pack It will be a hell cat. and in 10 yrs it will still just be a scat pack.. Im not knocking the scat pack, I was going to buy one. For the $$ they are hard to beat. BUT i knew deep down that I would not be happy when I ran up on a HC. :eek:
Ditto!!!!:D

1 - 20 of 24 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.