SRT Hellcat Forum banner
  • Hey Everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this months Ride of the Month Challenge!
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
Challenger SRT Hellcat
496 Posts
You don’t need to put it in writing , it’s on the web, I mean you think some techs aren’t low life thugs too , they just have to buy a generic key coder ,and say good buy to your Uconnect and the whole car..
although this isn’t just a dodge issue it’s anyone with push to start period as they all use the same coding for the keys..the older key with a remote starter set ups aren’t as easy to take..new tech isn’t always better..it’s harder to steal a older car with a simple key with a chip in it..

·
Registered
2015 Challenger SRT Hellcat M6
413 Posts
Most of what the writer shows us are thefts of opportunity and thefts that occur when Hellcats are parked outdoors. Always be on your guard. Never leave your Hellcat idling while you pop into a 7/11 for a Big Gulp. Always secure your HC with a device that requires more than a few seconds to defeat such as brake/clutch pedal lock or even a steering wheel club with laser cut keys even if you plan to be away only for a few minutes. I get some good-natured ribbing by friends and even bystanders who have witnessed me immobilizing my clutch pedal, but it only takes seconds to lock or unlock the device and I'll gladly take that over coming back to an empty parking space. And yes, even pedal and steering wheel locks can be defeated especially now that thieves have lithium battery powered drills, but the idea is to make them think twice about spending even a few more seconds going through the hassle when your secured HC is parked next to scores of other unprotected vehicles.

·
Registered
3,499 Posts
Hidden kill switch is the most effective way that thwarts anyone but those with tow trucks or a long downhill run from your place.

·
Premium Member
2020 Challenger Hellcat Redeye Wide Body
9,875 Posts
The one recurring theme is the outdoor parking which aids in the ease of theft. Always blows my mind when people are parking $70k cars at their apartment complex. Just seems like priorities are somehow backwards in a lot of these cases. Car costs more than where they live. Not saying people who park outside every night cant have nice cars but it certainly wont be me. I know a garage doesnt always prevent theft but low hanging fruit usually gets picked first.

Reactions: 2SOONJR

·
Registered
Challenger SRT Hellcat
11 Posts
Just saw on the local news, video of 3 new Hellcats being driven off (stolen) last night from a dealer's lot in Cape Coral, Florida. 1 Red Charger, 1 Ram TRX, and 1 Trackhawk. Maybe all of these being stolen due to these rumors of discontinuing these models due to reinstatement of Obama EPA 2025 emissions rules?

·
Premium Member
2020 Challenger Hellcat Redeye Wide Body
9,875 Posts
Just saw on the local news, video of 3 new Hellcats being driven off (stolen) last night from a dealer's lot in Cape Coral, Florida. 1 Red Charger, 1 Ram TRX, and 1 Trackhawk. Maybe all of these being stolen due to these rumors of discontinuing these models due to reinstatement of Obama EPA 2025 emissions rules?
Trackhawk is the only one of those going away so far.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts