SRT Hellcat Forum banner

Another one.

7K views 46 replies 22 participants last post by  StolenProductions 
#1 ·
No matter how much you can try you can not stop what's gonna happen. Woke up this morning to my car gone. nothing but glass sits where it slept. I heard the stories and seen the post on here. I never expected to be one of the unfortunate. I appreciate all the info i have received from others dealing with such tragedies. It helps but totally torn. That was my dream car and now i rest in a nightmare. Hope no one else has to deal with this. I worked my butt off to get this car at age 27 and loved every second of it. Take care Mopar family.
it really is Mopar or NO car

#8 ·
I went through this myself nearly a year ago now in 2 weeks literally, I hope they find it. Hopefully the increased values on cars can help you get into another one if they don’t.

Keep up the hope the folks around here are great for when you need to vent or get stuff out as this is really a awful situation.

I can say in the end for me at least it mostly worked out and I’m back into another one as mine was never found.

I am hoping for you It all works out.

Red Cat Mike

#26 ·
I went through this myself nearly a year ago now in 2 weeks literally, I hope they find it. Hopefully the increased values on cars can help you get into another one if they don’t.

Keep up the hope the folks around here are great for when you need to vent or get stuff out as this is really a awful situation.

I can say in the end for me at least it mostly worked out and I’m back into another one as mine was never found.

I am hoping for you It all works out.

Red Cat Mike
Appreciate it. i bought it age 27 was coolest car i own for sure. Unfortunately i probably got it too soon. I lived in a apartments and lived less than 3 mins from work. it has not been found nor do i want it back after its been violated. I received word of the first estimate today, and i been thinking i may need to seek downgrades atm and be smart so that i may get to have another one in a better home.

#9 ·
With all of the threads on this people here are still consistently parking these outside in the same spot outside on the daily where scumbags get ideas. I understand that not everyone has a garage but if I didnt I would certainly be making some sort of arrangements of some kind. Maybe renting a garage spot from a neighbor, parking behind the house, blocking it in with other cars, leaving it a friend/relative’s house, basically anything other than out in front of a residence every night. And if it’s an apartment complex you’re now just begging them to take it anyway. If nothing could be arranged I dont think I would want one tbh. I’d never be able to sleep. Doesnt matter how nice of a neighborhood either, you’re just tempting the scumbags every night.
I hope they find it but man that has to hurt.

#10 ·
I bought my HC Challenger almost exactly a year ago, and within a week I was installing security mods on the car.
My buddy was rolling his eyes when I told him of the security mods, he told me nothing would ever happen.

Then last July I had a theft attempt on the car parked in my driveway. They broke the passenger window, climbed
in the car and made a key. Bad guy didn't get the car though due to my best security mod, a kill switch. I also had
a neutral pull cover on the car, I have no idea if he attempted to push it.

It was over $1000 total for repairs on the car and related expenses. After that I made even more security mods on
the car. Now if the same attack happened again, he wouldn't get into the computer at all. Repair cost would be a window.

The car is now always parked in my garage and I also have a new security camera I mounted over the garage door.
Garage windows are covered on the inside with 3/4" plywood and many long lag screws. Garage door track is padlocked.

Sorry to hear your car is gone.

After the insurance settlement, if you plan on a replacement car, also plan on installing a lot of anti-theft measures.

Best of luck!

#11 · (Edited)
I am sorry to hear that your car got stolen 😪. It must really suck! I recently placed an order on a WB Charger and I am already friking out! Fortunately, I do have garage but it gets me nervous thinking the times I will take it for a spin. Like parking it in a shopping center or going to a friend's house and the car being outside or random errands. Just the thought of this makes me nervous already. I guess owing these cars comes with a price😩. Good luck! If they don't find it I hope the insurance company takes care of you💪🏾

#12 ·
I am sorry to hear that your car got stolen 😪. I must really suck! I recently placed an order on a WB Charger and I am already friking out! Fortunately, I do have garage but it gets me nervous thinking the times I will take it for a spin. Like parking it in a shopping center or going to a friend's house and the car being outside or random errands. Just the thought of this makes me nervous already. I guess owing these cars comes with a price😩. Good luck! If they don't find it I hope the insurance company takes care of you💪🏾
Imo a kill switch and neutral pull cover will really help with the random attempts in public when you’re out and about. Theyre not going to spend much time in a Home Depot parking lot other than the quickest easiest ways. It's when they see a pattern of overnight outside parking that they make a plan and really go all out. Outside late at night in the dark. That’s when they can spend more time.

#16 ·
Yeah I wont either. No way am I leaving it overnight in a parking lot or on the street.

#17 ·
Ravelco, and never look back:

Plus neutral pull cover, Americaloc portable GPS tracker with geofencing and smart phone alerts. Steering/brake clubs, faraday boxes and pouches for key fobs.

AMERICALOC GL300 GPS Tracker MXW https://www.amazon.com/dp/B0197FV8YU?ref=ppx_pop_mob_ap_share

Every little bit helps!

Best of luck to wherever the future takes you. 👍

#19 ·
Also helps to be security minded where you park and the way you park. Too many owners here and elsewhere like to park far away from other cars to avoid getting door-dinged, but the HUGE downside is how inviting that "south-forty" parking is for a car thief. I back into parking spaces until my rear wheels hit the curb-stop and I set the parking brake. I choose spaces that are near shops and pedestrian foot traffic and have at least one side that borders a landscaping island. I also try to choose spaces that make it difficult for a tow truck to maneuver in front of my cat or at least slow down the getaway which hopefully makes thieves target another opportunity.

#20 ·
If you value your car, you keep it safe. Garage. Out of sight. Don't leave it in the driveway all Saturday afternoon for everyone to see. Drive a beater when you go somewhere questionable. Sorry to hear about your car, but how many times do we need to hear the same story before we realize who's fault it really is? Criminals are waiting for the opportunity, we just need to deny that opportunity!

#21 ·
These threads have made me very aware of the potential for theft. I’ll never take the car on an overnight trip unless it’s to a buddy‘s house who has a garage with an empty bay. When I take the car out, I drive it and enjoy it but I leave it NOWHERE that I don’t have eyes on it and that I can’t get back to it in less than 30 seconds. I won’t even drive it to work and park it outside our business and we own the property. And I feel like it’ll only get worse as they’re discontinued. Glad mine is purely a pleasure vehicle.

#24 ·
Honestly that is no way to live and enjoy this car!! Try building the security up (which Dodge should of done)! A Kill switch, neutral block. break club lock, GPS tracker, RF-hub lock out, and your good! I'm sure to assume you have insurance if all else fails.

So go out and enjoy your car man! No need to keep paying for that expensive beauty and keep it locked up in fear.
If its all just doom and gloom to own, why not just sell it? Just my 2 cents.

#25 ·
Not to pour salt in your wound OP. I really feel sorry for you in this situation. It sucks like hell that someone has violated your property.

There is no reason any active member on this forum should not have some type of security like the Neutral Pull cover sold by (@TailHappy) on this site on their 392 and Hellcat.
We all know that these cars are desirable, and are #1 targets for thieves. So please protect your prize as I hate hearing these type stories.

A kill switch, after market alarm, break/clutch lock, and gps tracking (not uconnect). These are not 100% proof but at least slow the crooks down. And good insurance if all else fails.
Now go out and enjoy your Hellcat boys and girls! rant over

Sky Water Human body Megaphone Flash photography

Automotive lighting Automotive tire Automotive design Personal luxury car Rim

#31 ·
Not to pour salt in your wound OP. I really feel sorry for you in this situation. It sucks like hell that someone has violated your property.

There is no reason any active member on this forum should not have some type of security like the Neutral Pull cover sold by (@TailHappy) on this site on their 392 and Hellcat.
We all know that these cars are desirable, and are #1 targets for thieves. So please protect your prize as I hate hearing these type stories.

A kill switch, after market alarm, break/clutch lock, and gps tracking (not uconnect). These are not 100% proof but at least slow the crooks down. And good insurance if all else fails.
Now go out and enjoy your Hellcat boys and girls! rant over

View attachment 590989
View attachment 590990
yep i agree. Unfortunately i didn't even know about the neutral release.

#32 ·
Sorry to hear, within a few days of buying mine my security cam pinged at 2am showing a kid eyeballing mine in my garage (Type with no garage door and one open wall to the back yard) thankfully the security cam whistles at anyone in its view, and scared the kid off. I also added a $75 dollar wheel clamp to prevent it being rolled away, and left it in plain view as a visual discouragement. So far so good.

Also threw in an apple iTag, standard for all my vehicles and my onewheel

fingers crossed you recover yours brother

#33 ·
Someone I know had her Hellcat stolen a couple days ago. She didn't park it in a garage and must have uploaded 200 photos of her car on Instagram showing exactly where her unsecured carport was (complete with her address visible in some of the photos). She also had photos of where she works (and of her car in her parking spot) and she posted photos of the hotel she was traveling to last weekend, talking about how great it would be to get away for a while.

The very night she had the car valet parked in the hotel garage, it was stolen.

If someone is a professional thief (or even a dedicated amateur), she did the wrong thing by showing everyone around the world where her unsecured Hellcat was parked, she gave examples of her daily route and routine, and then made a post that basically said, "car will be parked here for a week in an unsecure parking garage at this address." For one of the most stolen vehicles in the world, she basically rolled the red carpet out for them and taunted anyone within range of that car to go and klep it.

I even DM'd her last week the following: "Hey, I saw your posts about your Hellcat. I urge you to take some precautions and secure your vehicle. I don't think it's a good idea to be posting photos of your car in an open carport with the street sign and address clearly visible... that might draw some unwanted attention."

And, here we are. All that's left of her '22 Jailbreak is a broken window on the ground. She owned it less than 3 weeks.

#35 ·
Don't think she's a YouTuber. She's an admin of one of those FB Mopar clubs. Nonstop pics of her car in its wide open carport, which is right on the corner of two streets and the street sign is in about half the pics she took. Plus, most of her photos are set to public, so anybody can find them. If someone is going to drive a Hellcat and park it out in the open... then I wouldn't be posting where my easy to steal $100,000 car is parked.

#36 ·
Was driving in Seattle the other day and there was a Black Charger HC parked in a trailer park, I would think that would be the fastest way to get rid of your HC other than pancaking into a wall.

Really sorry to hear about your baby.

I've accepted the fact that I'm going to walk out of some place and my car will be gone, I increased my coverage in anticipation.

#38 ·
Sorry to hear about some scum bag ripping off anyones car.... Personally, I don't worry about it too much since I'm retired and I live wayyyyyy out in the country on some serious acreage and keep mine parked inside my 5 car garage all the time. However, whenever I go anywhere and park, (e.g. restaurant) I try to keep it parked in sight whenever possible... I do use the old style club to deter a thief and/or give me time to confront them with the business end of a 357.

#45 ·
Well guys here is what happened.
obviously the car was stolen. They cut out the back window and released into neutral (please cover this release)
car was deemed total loss after a few weeks. eventually it was found, and i do not know the condition nor do i want to see it.
vehicles continued to be vandalized at my home and i slept well when i didn't have a car. now i have got another i am not sleeping and stepped up my game in security and alert others. Only thing that feel that will help the situation is getting out. i do miss the car so much was a blast to drive and i would want to experience another. The car market helped me make money off the situation and turn it into something positive, but i fear every second and every night ill once again be targeted.

cameras
trackers
wheel locks
steering wheel lock
RF blocking cases or pouches
garage
fuse box ties
secondary alarm

all needed to better ensure your car stays safe and if taken recovered faster before damage can be done.
I hope more people less likely go through this, but #1 stolen for a reason.

#46 ·
Very sad story, but you live to fight another day. You have a last chance to order a new one, and there will be a supply of low mileage used for years. Take your time and find the right one and drive on.

I have to say, the interior sensor in the 22 seems to work really well. If I forget to disable it, the dog usually sets off the alarm before I am out of earshot. And I get an email that the alarm was triggered. I am very surprised that they do not have a retrofit for earlier years. I really need to get some tracking discs also.

#47 ·
Yeah i wont be getting another while theybare cake to steal. Plus like i said and others, need a garage for increased security. But dodge really made these easier to repo/steal imo vetter security should be included when u release a car with potential into the public. I see nothing but horror stories about these amazing cars. Love the car as always will. Currently enjoying a sleeper atm and still plan to get viper one day.

I hope people learn from post like this. Im willing to answer any questions to inform others as well. I hope no one else will be creating more post pike this.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.