SRT Hellcat Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
Challenger SRT Hellcat Widebody
105 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Sorry in advance. I've just read a few conflicting issues regarding what tires I should go with so hopefully someone smarter than me is feeling generous. I need some tire advice as it's time to upgrade. Details about the car:

-2018 challenger widebody, stock wheels
-Lowered (Eibach pro)
-3.09 rear
-Daily driver; I drive it pretty aggressively (mostly straight line). I have separate MT ET for the track already
-I live in Florida so handling (rain, etc.) is important
-Performance > price

For the sake of convenience I'd prefer the same size all the way around however I'm open to all suggestions. Primarily I'm looking between the R888r, 555R, NT05. Any advice would be greatly appreciated!

Thanks!

·
Registered
105 Posts
Discussion Starter #3

·
Premium Member
Challenger SRT Redeye
8,097 Posts
would you recommend putting the 345 in the rear?
Sure, I am not a hypocrite, I have a set on 12" wide rears. They work great.

Edit, you want to match, great, match them up with some 305/35's, in the front.

·
Registered
105 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Sure, I am not a hypocrite, I have a set on 12" wide rears. They work great.

Edit, you want to match, great, match them up with some 305/35's, in the front.
yeah I just wasn’t sure if that’s too wide for the stock wheel. Thanks for the advice!

·
Registered
34 Posts
DG, they look real nice, what offset did you use with the 345s, assuming 20x12?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Premium Member
Challenger SRT Redeye
8,097 Posts
DG, they look real nice, what offset did you use with the 345s, assuming 20x12?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I don't know. Best wheels Jon, did it for me. I'll say there is a bunch of space between the wheel/tire on the inside. So there is room for even bigger! What I like is that it is back there and don't pooch out past the body. With a lower wrap in the rear and those flaps, I don't see any damage from the rears at all. Can't say that for the fronts. They pelt that lower gray panel and the front of those rear flares bad.

Damn it, have not seen it uncovered or driven it since October!

·
Premium Member
Challenger SRT Redeye
569 Posts
David I feel for you. You guys are getting hammered with snow. My last drive was Black Friday but now sitting on the flatstoppers under cover.

since I don’t drive in the rain my NT05R/NT05 combo works for me. If I were using it daily AND you insist on stock wheels then the Toyos might make sense for your situation.

·
Premium Member
Challenger SRT Redeye
8,097 Posts
Thanks, Scott. It snowed a little darn near every day this week.

Back to tires. I have had mine up and am getting ready to try interesting things out. There seems to be A TON of room in the rear on the inside. The tire can't get bigger, but it seems for an offset if you would maintain the OEM inside clearance and simply add to the outside for width, you would be close for starters.

·
Premium Member
Challenger SRT Redeye
569 Posts
I know this winter is going to not be kind to the Midwest. I am sure it hooks darn good on the street even as is. You are still stock power right?

·
Premium Member
Challenger SRT Redeye
8,097 Posts
Yes, still stock. I need to run it a lot more and make sure it is a good unit. I think one of those flex units with an extra selection for when I can find race gas may be fun. I need to dbl check the fuel types VP offers up at Brainerd. It might be interesting to up it, but that means dangerous speeds up on that long straight.

This setup hooks great, has consistent 0-60's in the mid threes on about all surfaces. Could be stronger next time out, it will have the cradle bushings changed along with all of the control arms in the rear.

·
Premium Member
Challenger SRT Redeye
569 Posts
Nice! I assume you are referring to the Barth package?? I am thinking the same, break it in more and then that seems like the hot setup. I hope they perfect the setup where you can run race gas but also E85 as well. Ahhh making me think of spring.

·
Premium Member
Challenger SRT Redeye
8,097 Posts
Yep. Looks like they know what they are doing. Lots more will try it soon. For the track I just need a bit more and some custom redline/shifting work for gear #6 to run out a bit. Then, WTF I can also try a set of rear wheels/tires for some straight line fun once in a while and see what I can break. Those Cup 2's they may bite down hard once they are warm also. It's going to be a fun 2020!

·
Registered
Challenger SRT Hellcat
236 Posts
Highly recommend PS4S. Great summer tire/ wet/dry traction. They make stock size now so you could put that on stock wheel. I wanted more meat in the back so went with aftermarket wheels and 345/30/20 on the back. Tires hook great.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts