SRT Hellcat Forum banner

21 - 31 of 31 Posts

·
Registered
28 Posts
I have an m6 that was set up for flex fuel by Curt. There was 2 ways to go about getting this set up. Either run a mild set up with the flex fuel tune. Or have 2 tunes created. A flex fuel one and an e85 only tune. This is how he set mine up. 10%lower with a 2.85 for flex and a 2.65 for e 85 only. He can make the e85 tune much more aggressive this way. As abundant as e85 is here I shouldn’t have even messed with the flex fuel tune. I have never changed it in over a year

·
Registered
67 Posts
Discussion Starter #22
I have an m6 that was set up for flex fuel by Curt. There was 2 ways to go about getting this set up. Either run a mild set up with the flex fuel tune. Or have 2 tunes created. A flex fuel one and an e85 only tune. This is how he set mine up. 10%lower with a 2.85 for flex and a 2.65 for e 85 only. He can make the e85 tune much more aggressive this way. As abundant as e85 is here I shouldn’t have even messed with the flex fuel tune. I have never changed it in over a year
Mahalos for the feedback. What kind of fuel system are you running? I'm probably wrong but the flexfuel tune is so you can of course run E85, but also so you don't have to regulate your ethanol content because it can vary from station to station right? With a straight E85 tune you would have to measure your ethanol content right? Or am I misinformed?

·
Registered
2,465 Posts
Yes, on E85 only tune unless you feel lucky you need to test the fuel before you put it in your tank, especially if it’s a aggressive max power tune expecting 85% alcohol or more. A flex tune the car will adjust for what the sensed E content is. Most flex tunes are not set up as aggressive as a true dedicated e85 alone tune is. But it’s not hard to copy and paste different spark tables into the tune once you get comfortable working with HP Tuners software.

·
Registered
67 Posts
Discussion Starter #25
Sry fam. I misspoke about Tim Barth's FLEXFUEL tune. He does not use the Proflex Commander as I stated in one of my comments on this thread. It's a link.

·
Registered
67 Posts
Discussion Starter #26
Good to know. Mahaols for this info! I haven't pulled the trigger yet. My 295 pumps just came in. Waiting for my mechanic to have an opening. Do you have to test your gas every tank?

·
Registered
67 Posts
Discussion Starter #28
No pulley change bud, car adjusts on the fly. Not to sure what you mean by a flex link.
I meant you have to change your pulley if you want to run on fuel besides E85 right?
Barth's Flexfuel tune comes with a Flex link that monitors yours ethanol percentage via an app on your phone.

·
Registered
Challenger SRT Hellcat
349 Posts
I meant you have to change your pulley if you want to run on fuel besides E85 right?
Barth's Flexfuel tune comes with a Flex link that monitors yours ethanol percentage via an app on your phone.
I do not have to change pulleys regardless if it is corn or pump or a mix of both. No Flex link via an app. I test via tube at the pump when the summer corn starts to come into season. I already have a handful of go-to stations that carry good corn in the summer. Once a station starts testing good I just spot check every now and then.

21 - 31 of 31 Posts