SRT Hellcat Forum banner
  • Hey Everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this months Ride of the Month Challenge!
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
My sway bar comes loose when i drive aggressively? It’s under 10k miles and a hellcat. When i drive aggressive it goes loose and jumbles under the front. The brushing come loose and jumble about

·
Super Moderator
Charger SRT Hellcat
7,240 Posts
Welcome to the forum!

What year is your Hellcat?
Are there any mods?

Linda :)

·
Premium Member
Challenger SRT Redeye
8,475 Posts
Comes loose? Where? At the bolts of the links or the bushings?

·
Premium Member
Challenger SRT Redeye
8,475 Posts
The brushings
Bushings. Brushes are in electric motors.

So there are four bolts. Check if they are tight. If tight, then are the bushings busted? Other than that, it is a pretty simple item.

·
Registered
Charger SRT Hellcat
1,129 Posts
Why do you think they are loose? Just because of a noise? Post a picture when they are loose please.

·
Registered
Challenger SRT Hellcat
3 Posts
I had the left front sway bar bushing fail on a 2016 with 4K miles. Collar separated from the bushing. Was a horrible clunk as the collar would hit the frame under gear shift or acceleration. Replaced under warranty. The collar was fairly thin and very rusted (from transport - as it was a garage queen.

·
Registered
Challenger SRT Hellcat
2,115 Posts
I remember somebody was having issues with the rib on the bar sliding through the bushing and causing the other side to contact the tire.
I would recommend polyurethane frame mount bushings for the bar. With grease fittings.
Like these with new brackets.
s-l400.jpg

Somebody has to make them for our cars.
I know grand caravans had this issue as well.

·
Premium Member
Challenger SRT Redeye
8,475 Posts
BMR makes a sway bar and their bushings make the OEM unit’s look like they belong on a Caravan. These take care of that little problem. I have to clean and repack them a couple times per year, but no clunks!

·
Registered
Challenger SRT Hellcat
2,115 Posts
That is crazy those do not have a grease fitting...

·
Premium Member
Challenger SRT Redeye
8,475 Posts
That is crazy those do not have a grease fitting...
True. Very true. And if it gets too dry or the cat boils it off, the noise from the little stick or whatever will make you think the thing is about to disintegrate! After it did that for a whole day at Road America last year, I proactively keep it happy. Just got it done with all my other winter maintenance/detailing,

·
Registered
Challenger SRT Hellcat
2,115 Posts
I would drill a 1/8 hole through the bracket and a 1/16 hole halfway through the bushing. Take it apart, finish the 1/16 hole through the bushing. Tap the metal bracket with threads that fit a grease fitting and install one.
This is the grease I use on my polyurethane,
Clear super lube.
751078387_o.jpg

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Bushings. Brushes are in electric motors.

So there are four bolts. Check if they are tight. If tight, then are the bushings busted? Other than that, it is a pretty simple item.
the dealership told me , they ordered Neé brushings Thanks though

·
Premium Member
Challenger SRT Redeye
8,475 Posts
I would drill a 1/8 hole through the bracket and a 1/16 hole halfway through the bushing. Take it apart, finish the 1/16 hole through the bushing. Tap the metal bracket with threads that fit a grease fitting and install one.
This is the grease I use on my polyurethane,
Clear super lube.
View attachment 569766
Agree that’s the stuff. I don’t mind cleaning and checking everything. The nut gun zips those four nuts off quick.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts