SRT Hellcat Forum banner
  • Hey Everyone! Vote for the Site Favourite HOTM winner for the year of 2022 HERE!

Any info if Mopar will ever release an Official Diff Brace

1854 Views 13 Replies 7 Participants Last post by  Demon1
Curious if anyone has ever heard of Mopar officially releasing a diff brace that does not void the warranty?
Plan on tracking my new (to me) Hellcat but all of the exploding diffs definitely has me wanting a brace
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

· Registered
Charger SRT Hellcat
831 Posts
The diff brace is the difference between shattering the case and shredding the underside of the car...possibly oiling the track, losing control and eating the wall or another car.

...or maybe having to replace a ~750 dollar center section due to "gear failure"...

I'll take option B

Reactions: Tucothelegend

· Registered
Challenger SRT Hellcat
40 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
The diff brace is the difference between shattering the case and shredding the underside of the car...possibly oiling the track, losing control and eating the wall or another car.

...or maybe having to replace a ~750 dollar center section due to "gear failure"...

I'll take option B
I guess I am confused why it would void the differential warranty anyways, does dodge prefer we destroy the underside? Does the bracing put some kind of stress on the gears?

· Registered
Charger SRT Hellcat
831 Posts
I guess I am confused why it would void the differential warranty anyways, does dodge prefer we destroy the underside? Does the bracing put some kind of stress on the gears?
In short...yes and yes.

Per4Mance Development can answer much more in depth pertaining to the brace...and dodge...well...if you shatter the rear end the first thing they're gonna ask was if a brace was installed. 2nd would be for evidence of abuse or lack of maintenance. Some dealers are good with it and some are not...but if they have to contact regional all bets are off.

· Premium Member
Challenger SRT Hellcat
362 Posts
In short...yes and yes.

Per4Mance Development can answer much more in depth pertaining to the brace...and dodge...well...if you shatter the rear end the first thing they're gonna ask was if a brace was installed. 2nd would be for evidence of abuse or lack of maintenance. Some dealers are good with it and some are not...but if they have to contact regional all bets are off.
Its why we designed the DIRS...its much more than a brace.
Auto part Engine Vehicle Automotive engine part Carburetor

· Registered
Challenger SRT Hellcat
3,814 Posts
Zero case failures.
One failure of the pin in the gear set on a moded engine.
If there is a failure, the goal is to divert inside the case to avoid expensive secondary damage.
Great info. Gear set can break in any case, but the multiple case failures on the Demon is my concern. Thanks

1 - 14 of 14 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.