SRT Hellcat Forum banner

201 - 220 of 248 Posts

·
Registered
Challenger SRT Hellcat
53 Posts
Ring #2 showed up and surprised me today! I wasn't expecting this until next week, too, because Canada. The only downside to being shipped to Canada was the extra import fee from (US/Canada) customs :/

Edit - and yes, love the ring - fits perfectly

·
Registered
918 Posts
20150911_095858.jpg

20150911_101351.jpg

Well, look what came in early!

Can't decide if I want it to face ME so I can enjoy it or face it outward for others... Decisions... I suppose if it's facing me and someone wants to see it, I can just 'give em the finger' - Hehe.

(mine is #10 of 20 by the way)

·
Registered
Challenger SRT Hellcat
3,166 Posts
Glad you like it! Mine won't be here till next week (they are making something else for me at the same time). Looks great on ya.
I really wanted one, but had to buy new tires, which is more important at this point. Oh well.:(

·
Registered
Challenger SRT Hellcat
200 Posts
Glad you like it! Mine won't be here till next week (they are making something else for me at the same time). Looks great on ya.
Thanks Bandit! ...and really appreciate you doing this for us.

·
Premium Member
Challenger SRT Hellcat
2,010 Posts
Thanks for sorting this out Bandit. I have not yet received mine but I guess as I ordered one for the missus I'll have to wait a little while.

·
Registered
918 Posts
Hmmmmm... after ONE short day of wearing this ring at work (in an office environment) it is already scratched, pitted, and a small portion of the "Cat's" lower jaw is sheared off.

This ring WILL NOT last, it is WAY too soft... I'm pretty upset right now after dropping nearly $500 on this thing (after currency conversion, customs tax, etc)

My wedding ring by comparison has been through EVERYTHING you can imagine and doesn't even have a scratch... didn't expect this ring to be so soft.

·
Registered
Challenger SRT Hellcat
973 Posts
Discussion Starter #211
Hmmmmm... after ONE short day of wearing this ring at work (in an office environment) it is already scratched, pitted, and a small portion of the "Cat's" lower jaw is sheared off.

This ring WILL NOT last, it is WAY too soft... I'm pretty upset right now after dropping nearly $500 on this thing (after currency conversion, customs tax, etc)

My wedding ring by comparison has been through EVERYTHING you can imagine and doesn't even have a scratch... didn't expect this ring to be so soft.

What do you do for work? I have worn sterling silver rings for years (my Chris Black Skull ring in the initial post I've worn almost daily for over a year) and none of mine have suffered any damage whatsoever. Any precious metal will show wear/scratches, that can't be helped. But parts shearing off has never been an issue unless you're really abusing it. There are no degrees of softness in Sterling Silver, this ring is no softer than my various sterling skull rings.

Have you emailed Cory to talk with him about it and see what can be done? Or did you just hurry up and make a post about how inferior the quality is and say it won't last....

·
Registered
918 Posts
What do you do for work? I have worn sterling silver rings for years (my Chris Black Skull ring in the initial post I've worn almost daily for over a year) and none of mine have suffered any damage whatsoever. Any precious metal will show wear/scratches, that can't be helped. But parts shearing off has never been an issue unless you're really abusing it. There are no degrees of softness in Sterling Silver, this ring is no softer than my various sterling skull rings.

Have you emailed Cory to talk with him about it and see what can be done? Or did you just hurry up and make a post about how inferior the quality is and say it won't last....
Stand down, Killer.

Cory even said this material is very soft and the thin design of the Hellcat logo leaves it open for easy damage.

He's taking care of it (disappointed by the ring but definitely not the service)

·
Registered
Challenger SRT Hellcat
973 Posts
Discussion Starter #213
Sorry, I just see this happen so often in collector's groups/forums where people run off and make complaints without contacting the vendors first, and it usually makes a big mess.

I'm glad hes taking care of it.

·
Registered
Challenger SRT Hellcat
188 Posts
Yes, but the orders will have to be cut off soon.

Hello everyone

I am a new member and I am a jeweler - I have been reading this thread and would like to ask a couple of questions. I also have wanted to make some HELLCAT jewelry - buts that's not why I am posting here to try to sell anything -

In the realm of jewelry - the HELLCAT is a copyrighted design and in the past when I have done pieces for the Elvis Presley folks I signed an agreement that allowed me certain uses and applications of designs for their copyrights - In other words what I could and could not do. In making these rings who at Dodge was the contact person that allowed or arranged the use of the copyrights for this project?

My understanding is that it may be The Licensing Company which is a Global Company with Offices in NY and Detroit that handle the Dodge Account . In contacting their NY office it seems that they have a slew of employees in various divisions and I would like to have the contact for the person in charge with their licensing in regards to jewelry.

I am a 3rd generation jewelry and making rings and other pieces with emblems with todays cad is not terribly complex. Some post have expressed concerns of tarnish. There are alloys of silver that are more tarnish resistant than others. Also there are alternative white metals that when heated and exposed to the air turn black.

Silver reacts with sulfur in the air which oxidizes its surface black or dark grey. Liver of sulfur is the chemical that most jewelers apply to a surface of silver to darken it , usually in recessed areas due to the fact that it wears off with time. Also sometimes the surfaces are painted flat black and heated.

Again- I am not trying to hijack this thread in any way - I only want to get information so that if there is a demand perhaps it can be looked at again but with a different approach and perhaps answer questions directly via messages.

Thank you.

IgoFast

·
Registered
Challenger SRT Hellcat
973 Posts
Discussion Starter #217
Hello everyone

I am a new member and I am a jeweler - I have been reading this thread and would like to ask a couple of questions. I also have wanted to make some HELLCAT jewelry - buts that's not why I am posting here to try to sell anything -

In the realm of jewelry - the HELLCAT is a copyrighted design and in the past when I have done pieces for the Elvis Presley folks I signed an agreement that allowed me certain uses and applications of designs for their copyrights - In other words what I could and could not do. In making these rings who at Dodge was the contact person that allowed or arranged the use of the copyrights for this project?

My understanding is that it may be The Licensing Company which is a Global Company with Offices in NY and Detroit that handle the Dodge Account . In contacting their NY office it seems that they have a slew of employees in various divisions and I would like to have the contact for the person in charge with their licensing in regards to jewelry.

I am a 3rd generation jewelry and making rings and other pieces with emblems with todays cad is not terribly complex. Some post have expressed concerns of tarnish. There are alloys of silver that are more tarnish resistant than others. Also there are alternative white metals that when heated and exposed to the air turn black.

Silver reacts with sulfur in the air which oxidizes its surface black or dark grey. Liver of sulfur is the chemical that most jewelers apply to a surface of silver to darken it , usually in recessed areas due to the fact that it wears off with time. Also sometimes the surfaces are painted flat black and heated.

Again- I am not trying to hijack this thread in any way - I only want to get information so that if there is a demand perhaps it can be looked at again but with a different approach and perhaps answer questions directly via messages.

Thank you.

IgoFast

As was previously discussed in this thread... no one was contacted. I was having a one-off ring made for me. When I decided to do it, I thought a few other Hellcat owners might want one, so I extended the offer and contact to them so they could get one. That's all there is to it.

You do what you want, how you want... I wasn't doing it for business or profit, just sharing something with the group.

·
Registered
Challenger SRT Hellcat
188 Posts
Thank you for your reply Bandit-

Not everything in life is about business and making money - that is true :)

I am sure everyone appreciates all the work you put into this-

201 - 220 of 248 Posts