SRT Hellcat Forum banner
  • Hey Everyone! Vote for the Site Favourite HOTM winner for the year of 2022 HERE!
1 - 20 of 30 Posts

· Registered
976 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
In various threads people said they did it, anyone have any issues afterwards?
People spoke up about the problems with the enhanced security update so I'm assuming since I can't find anyone posting problems the hub update is safe?. I already have 2 red 1 black key

· Registered
Challenger SRT Hellcat
2,630 Posts
I had mine done a couple of months back. Zero issues. I also programmed one new red key as a back up. It was very straightforward.
Cool. I heard from someone that only 3 FOB's could be programmed to the RF hub. I thought that was not true but needed verification from someone who has actually had it done. Thanks

Sent from my SM-G781V using Tapatalk

· Registered
2021 WB HC Charger White Knuckle
207 Posts
So on the security update recall from MOPAR do they replace the FOBS or Update the Fobs exactly if I may ask? Do they Flash the Hub or Replace it as well? I have not took mine in yet to have done when I had herd some had issues back in the winter. Thanks.

· Registered
Charger SRT Hellcat
106 Posts
So on the security update recall from MOPAR do they replace the FOBS or Update the Fobs exactly if I may ask? Do they Flash the Hub or Replace it as well? I have not took mine in yet to have done when I had herd some had issues back in the winter. Thanks.
No, they programmed the new fob to my car first, once it was working, they just flashed the computer with the update. I had all my keys with me, but were not needed. The update took a few minutes.

· Registered
2021 WB HC Charger White Knuckle
207 Posts
No, they programmed the new fob to my car first, once it was working, they just flashed the computer with the update. I had all my keys with me, but were not needed. The update took a few minutes.
Thanks for info guys....So you went to dealer got Hub flashed with new Fob issued. What about the original two red Fobs do they still work okay or not?

· Registered
'19 Challenger Redeye
1,388 Posts
Had mine done a week ago. No issues so far and don't expect any. I took both my red and 1 black fob with me and all were re-programmed. I didn't want any extra fobs... The whole visit only took maybe 45 minutes....

1 - 20 of 30 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.