SRT Hellcat Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
57 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Still flirting with my custom setup for DD. The one thing I think I’ve settled on is the trans track setting . I LOVE the way it bangs the gears around . However , it got me thinking - I wonder if there will be any long term effects ? It would seem to me that it would only make sense that it would put wear and tear on the trans at a faster rate ? I’m also thinking that it could potentially chew up brakes faster ? Seems like it takes a little more pressure to stop because of the aggressive down shifts when slowing down .

·
Registered
Charger SRT Hellcat
917 Posts
As long as you use it the way it was designed, I doubt a bit. However, your TC and yaw? is looser, so less control on the street. SPORT isn't good enough? I think in that all controls are pretty much off.

·
Registered
2017 Challenger SRT Hellcat
914 Posts
As long as you use it the way it was designed, I doubt a bit. However, your TC and yaw? is looser, so less control on the street. SPORT isn't good enough? I think in that all controls are pretty much off.
He’s talking about a custom setting where the Trans, only, is in “Track” mode. Has nothing to do with the Traction (or Suspension) setting(s).

·
Registered
Charger SRT Hellcat
917 Posts
Ahh, my mistake. I'm going to try VALET mode on the highway next time to see if mileage changes.

·
Registered
Charger SRT Hellcat
234 Posts
Only the fuel mileage hit!!! I love the track mode for the trans due to the exhaust and super Charger noise but man it gets brutal after a few miles and you have to manually put it in 8th on the highway.

·
Registered
Charger SRT Hellcat
225 Posts
Fuel economy ! That’s it. Shorter shift times and more line pressure actually equal LESS wear on clutch plates.
Might be a bit more abusive on mounts .....but yes I drive in track a lot as well.

·
Registered
Charger SRT Hellcat
917 Posts
Funny, while testing mine in VALET mode, it actually shifter later than STREET mode.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts