SRT Hellcat Forum banner
  • Hey Everyone! Vote for the Site Favourite HOTM winner for the year of 2022 HERE!

any one use this on there hellcat

5373 Views 47 Replies 22 Participants Last post by  rwhite692
Any one try this on your hellcat or something like it I saw my friends hellcsat and when I tried to close trunk could not find a good place to touch to close trunk

Attachments

21 - 40 of 48 Posts

· Registered
Charger SRT Hellcat
378 Posts
Does the Challenger not have a handle inside the trunk lid to grab and pull down on?! To the right side, on the rear end of the decklid... my Charger has a handle. Little awkward to estimate force needed to close at that angle, but better than touching the trunk!

· Registered
Challenger SRT Hellcat
3,163 Posts
ebay sells a strap for $5 that says DODGE on it...just attaches to an existing wing nut thingy inside the trunk....works great

had scratches on my 2011's tail lights from closing the trunk...i pick my kids up from school in my challenger, so i use the trunk a lot....the strap saves some scratches

· Registered
Challenger SRT Hellcat
283 Posts
I think you'll still be having some issues closing the trunk if you're focused on that contraption. lol
View attachment 8440
Is it just me or does anyone else find it strange there's a Hellcat in a CarMax store? Have the Mopar Elfs exceeded their quota and made enough to fill used car lots too? o_O

· Registered
Challenger SRT Hellcat
283 Posts

· Premium Member
13,620 Posts
My trunk monkey closes it from the inside when I am done! Not like he is doing anything else. Just back there polishing his glock and getting ready for any trouble makers. LOL;)

· Registered
Challenger SRT Hellcat
283 Posts
My trunk monkey closes it from the inside when I am done! Not like he is doing anything else. Just back there polishing his glock and getting ready for any trouble makers. LOL;)
Can never go wrong with a trunk monkey. Best invention since sliced bread.

· Registered
2,198 Posts
Maybe i'm weird? I just put my hand on the trunk and close it. Maybe i like to K.I.S.S. maybe i need some fancy strap or handle or something to close a trunk? Been closing trunks the same way for 15 yrs now. Have i been doing it wrong?

· Registered
Challenger SRT Hellcat
283 Posts
Maybe i'm weird? I just put my hand on the trunk and close it. Maybe i like to K.I.S.S. maybe i need some fancy strap or handle or something to close a trunk? Been closing trunks the same way for 15 yrs now. Have i been doing it wrong?
Really the only time you should even open the trunk is to either put the body in or take it out. I know a guy, and he strongly encourages using gloves. Just saying.

Reactions: Aaron Vogel

· HCC New Jersey State President
Challenger SRT Hellcat
895 Posts
Discussion Starter · #32 ·
It's for the anal people I never touch the car unless I'm washing or waxing it or sitting in it
No finger prints no scratches by using the pull tag I installed
Ron

· Registered
2,198 Posts
Hmm, i have never scratched a car by closing a door, hood, trunk etc. Finger prints come off with a soft cloth. Idunno, maybe i am still the weird one who understands that is a car and not a Faberge Egg?

· HCC New Jersey State President
Challenger SRT Hellcat
895 Posts
Discussion Starter · #34 ·
Like I said it's the Anal part of me I have a trick spot I use on each car I own to close the truck and does even my 16 year old daughter is trained to use my trick spots, teach them young
No finger prints makes me a happy camper
I use detail spray like its free already
Ron

· Registered
Challenger SRT Hellcat
283 Posts
Just open the trunk, put the dead hooker in the trunk, close the trunk.

It's all about the backhoe, not the trunk...
Now really...who can fit a backhoe in their trunk? A couple bricks yes but a backhoe, no way. I googled it. :D

· Registered
Challenger SRT Hellcat
283 Posts
Really, I have to spell this out??

Backhoe, Hellcat engine ... Hellhoe!
Ohhhh, many pardons. Just don't high center while digging, I mean excavating.

· Registered
Challenger SRT Hellcat
651 Posts
Hmm, i have never scratched a car by closing a door, hood, trunk etc. Finger prints come off with a soft cloth. Idunno, maybe i am still the weird one who understands that is a car and not a Faberge Egg?
I'm right with ya there. I touch my car daily. I wax those places where fingers go often and extra. I also carry a microfiber in the console to wipe interior screens, gauges, trim, etc. I carry a zip-up plastic case that pillowcases come in to carry detail spray, microfiber, and a waffle-weave drying towel. Good for knocking bugs off when I haven't washed it.

· Premium Member
13,620 Posts
I love hearing about all the anal car detailers! It makes me realize I'm normal, kinda. I have a full detail kit in my trunk. I ordered the clips and had the net installed from my Charger and keep all my cleaning supplies and cover with me. As soon as I get to work, I cover my car and if there are any bugs or bird drops on my car, I clean them immediately. The neighbors find me to be their morning entertainment since I get to work before everyone else to detail my car and cover it for the day. LOL :D

21 - 40 of 48 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.