SRT Hellcat Forum banner

1 - 20 of 84 Posts

Registered
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Just curious why every cop I see follows me around...? Wondering if they know something about me that I don't know, or if it's just my Cat...? Or possibly the gomango color... I do know I've got a small town inbred police chief up in the Midwest who has a homosexual love affair for me, but just checking if other Hellcat owners are this famous with all cops and if everytime you look in your rear view mirror there's a cop...? 馃し

Registered
Charger SRT Hellcat
Drive a Black Hellcat Charger with mufflers and intake. I drive agressive but not stupid. Zero attention.

Premium Member
Charger SRT Hellcat
My local police kept using our street as a check for cars speeding.
But one morning my daughter and I going to work in her Trailhawk.
His window came down and he just wanted to say he was getting one and asked how she liked it.

He stopped using our street after that.
So Maybe the police just think your car is cool and want to speak with you about it!

Linda :)

Registered
Discussion Starter #4
Was just weird. Today I was cruising down main in sport mode just babying the car. A cop coming from the other direction turns his turn signal on at the intersection, the truck behind me turns right behind me, I turn my signal on get in right lane to let the truck pass, cop also switches to right lane comes barrelling up on me, I'm doing 35 in a 40, the truck in the left lane speeds past me at 40, and then the cop turns his signal on punches his vehicle pulls right up beside my window gives me this serious look right at me, and then immediately whips a u turn in the street to go back the opposite direction.

And then within' 30 minutes I am heading back to my residence I see him coming down the street right in front of my house...

Just very, very weird. 馃

Premium Member
Charger SRT Hellcat
It is weird and it was weird when the police officer was using our street.
It is very open from both directions.
Maybe you should show some friendliness.
He's probably dying for a ride.

Registered
Challenger SRT Hellcat
Just curious why every cop I see follows me around...? Wondering if they know something about me that I don't know, or if it's just my Cat...? Or possibly the gomango color... I do know I've got a small town inbred police chief up in the Midwest who has a homosexual love affair for me, but just checking if other Hellcat owners are this famous with all cops and if everytime you look in your rear view mirror there's a cop...? 馃し
Maybe just wink at them next time and ask him for a date? Who knows where it'll lead....馃し....J/K

HOTM Winner
Challenger SRT Hellcat
Odd. My Cat is obnoxiously loud and not hard to miss and drive by cops all the time and never been followed. Talked to a few at gas stations ect. they tell me don't go 10 over so I pretty much follow that rule and no problems. Maybe @Confuzed2 is on to something lol

Registered
Challenger SRT Hellcat
In my experience, when you drive a Cat, all the local LEOs will know you. I think it's a combination of factors such as being an expensive high end car, being that it is a Hellcat (707 hp), makes you the fastest thing around most of the time, and of course the cool factor.

It used to annoy me seeing the same LEOs all the time in my short drives, but then again I'm choosy as to when and where I open it up.
As cool as the Cat is, I'm not giving them a reason to write me a ticket.
I've gotten used to the attention.

Registered
Discussion Starter #10 (Edited)
In my experience, when you drive a Cat, all the local LEOs will know you. I think it's a combination of factors such as being an expensive high end car, being that it is a Hellcat (707 hp), makes you the fastest thing around most of the time, and of course the cool factor.

It used to annoy me seeing the same LEOs all the time in my short drives, but then again I'm choosy as to when and where I open it up.
As cool as the Cat is, I'm not giving them a reason to write me a ticket.
I've gotten used to the attention.

Yeah it just shoots up red flags to me that the last 3 of the four times I've pulled my Cat out of the garage I've watched 3 cops buzz up on my rear bumper, and we all know what that entails, they're doing the usual run of the plates, checking to see if there are any warrants, in order to pull over, plus pulling up my address to find out where I live... Which may explain why today's cop was coming out of my neighborhood after I saw him following me? I keep my nose clean so to me I'm beginning to think there's more to it.

I suspect ole' small town police chiefy boy (one of those good ole' boy towns, where everyone knows everyone, long story short with this asshole, but I had a fallout with a neighbor who is related to the fire chief, the fire chief, is the police chiefs next door neighbor, and so my neighbor said she's a very powerful woman, and they're gonna get me, and teach me a lesson, and he had one of his deputies following me around up there, I reported his deputy to him, and another cop in the next town over pulled me over after I made the report to him, within 30 minutes of me making the report, I was pulled over by the other cop in the next town over, and ole' chiefy boy called this cops cell phone during the traffic stop right in front of me. It was a fabricated traffic stop too, the cop claimed I blew thru a crosswalk, and I called his supervisor a week later, and his supervisor even said there has not been a crosswalk in that area in a long time.) Anyways I think there's a little more too it. I suspect small town chiefy boy also has a trace somehow on my phone abusing his police resources. Anyone familiar with police chiefs being legal to trace citizens personal cell phones and tracking us? Is this legal to invade our privacy?

Anyway just putting that out here, but I'm definitely keeping my eyes open and am a law abiding citizen who babies my Cat. Most times I'm doing 5 under the speed limit. But yeah thanks for your input all this thread definitely tells me something more is going on here. I have a good hunch chiefy has been tracking my phone pings, and is possibly doing some dirty phone work possibly to the cops in my home area down here... 馃

HOTM Winner
Challenger SRT Hellcat
Yeah it just shoots up red flags to me that the last 3 of the four times I've pulled my Cat out of the garage I've watched 3 cops buzz up on my rear bumper, and we all know what that entails, they're doing the usual run of the plates, checking to see if there are any warrants, in order to pull over, plus pulling up my address to find out where I live... Which may explain why today's cop was coming out of my neighborhood after I saw him following me? I keep my nose clean so to me I'm beginning to think there's more to it.

I suspect ole' small town police chiefy boy (one of those good ole' boy towns, where everyone knows everyone, long story short with this asshole, but I had a fallout with a neighbor who is related to the fire chief, the fire chief, is the police chiefs next door neighbor, and so my neighbor said she's a very powerful woman, and they're gonna get me, and teach me a lesson, and he had one of his deputies following me around up there, I reported his deputy to him, and another cop in the next town over pulled me over after I made the report to him, within 30 minutes of me making the report, I was pulled over by the other cop in the next town over, and ole' chiefy boy called this cops cell phone during the traffic stop right in front of me. It was a fabricated traffic stop too, the cop claimed I blew thru a crosswalk, and I called his supervisor a week later, and his supervisor even said there has not been a crosswalk in that area in a long time.) Anyways I think there's a little more too it. I suspect small town chiefy boy also has a trace somehow on my phone abusing his police resources. Anyone familiar with police chiefs being legal to trace citizens personal cell phones and tracking us? Is this legal to invade our privacy?

Anyway just putting that out here, but I'm definitely keeping my eyes open and am a law abiding citizen who babies my Cat. Most times I'm doing 5 under the speed limit. But yeah thanks for your input all this thread definitely tells me something more is going on here. I have a good hunch chiefy has been tracking my phone pings, and is possibly doing some dirty phone work possibly to the cops in my home area down here... 馃
Wtf. That's BS! Hopefully it blows over but don't give them any reasons!

Registered
Challenger SRT Hellcat
no front plate and illegal window tint = zero attention here . I'm pretty sure if I drove like an asshat they'd be all over me though...

Registered
Charger SRT 392
I have my cat with midmuffler deletes, and get on it every now and then. Have passed cops on the highway going 90 and they haven't said shit. I don't drive aggressively, weaving in and out of traffic etc. I am always mindful of my turn signals, and never ride anyone's ass. I have yet to be messed with, but I also keep disabled combat veteran plates on my car lol.

I will say, there was a video of a YouTube streamer that had the same experience, he was finally pulled over and the cop explained: people were caught on various dealership cameras after hours, casing hellcats, dealers all called cops, set bolos. So maybe its not you, its just the COVID-19 situation...

Premium Member
Challenger SRT Hellcat
Only car I had cop trouble with was a bright red 2004 Dodge Viper.
Write em Red. 1 SRT8,1 Scatpack 2 Hellcats. The only one I even ever got pulled over in was my Torred Red Scatpack. The only speeding ticket in years was in my Red Silverado. No more Red cars for me.

Registered
Challenger SRT 392
They shouldn't be following you around. If they do, then just pull over and see what they do. You've got the right to go wherever you want without being hassled. Might be time to go have a talk with the chief.

Was just weird. Today I was cruising down main in sport mode just babying the car. A cop coming from the other direction turns his turn signal on at the intersection, the truck behind me turns right behind me, I turn my signal on get in right lane to let the truck pass, cop also switches to right lane comes barrelling up on me, I'm doing 35 in a 40, the truck in the left lane speeds past me at 40, and then the cop turns his signal on punches his vehicle pulls right up beside my window gives me this serious look right at me, and then immediately whips a u turn in the street to go back the opposite direction.

And then within' 30 minutes I am heading back to my residence I see him coming down the street right in front of my house...

Just very, very weird.
More than wierd and could be against department policy. So he runs your plate and then goes to see where you live? Why? That's BS on his part and I would contact your PD and get to the bottom of that. Many cops today are out of control and need to be called out on stuff like this.

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk

Registered
Charger SRT 392

What was the fall out about with the neighbor?

If you suspect all this I would go speak to the chief directly like a man and clear it up. Communication can be effective.

Registered
Challenger SRT Hellcat
In my area I have driven a 2006 Torrid Red GTO, an Arctic Silver Porsche 996 Turbo, a white Dodge Challenger Scat Pack, and now an Octane Red Hellcat and I have only been pulled over once and in the Turbo when about 2am I was cruising down a main street in town looking for a cab to take me to the local Porsche dealer to pick up my other car. Cop pulled me over because I looked suspicious. But nothing came of it.

Registered
The local cops know I do legit work. I also grandmother the car around town. I also treat other vehicles like they are all undercover cops drooling to pounce, or Concerned Citizens drooling to snitch. Thus, zero tickets.

Police often respond to complaints from people. I used to drive a bit more aggressively until one explained that to me.
If you notice the police eyeballing you, go straight to a local cop or the police station. Ask to talk to one of the higher-ups. Or talk to the firemen. They are part of the same club.

Ask them if someone has gone full Karen on you for whatever real or imagined reason. Karenopithecus Frigidensis is a bitter and unsatisfied subspecies that vents its frustrations all over the world, having beaten the (ostensibly) males in her life into humble submission. Also make sure they know you are not one of the local "ain't got caught yet, but dirty as a bought politician" drug trade.

Registered
Charger SRT 392
In my area I have driven a 2006 Torrid Red GTO, an Arctic Silver Porsche 996 Turbo, a white Dodge Challenger Scat Pack, and now an Octane Red Hellcat and I have only been pulled over once and in the Turbo when about 2am I was cruising down a main street in town looking for a cab to take me to the local Porsche dealer to pick up my other car. Cop pulled me over because I looked suspicious. But nothing came of it.
I鈥檇 pull you over at 2am if your driving one car looking for a CAB to take you a closed dealer at 2am to pick up another car...

1 - 20 of 84 Posts