SRT Hellcat Forum banner

41 - 60 of 84 Posts

·
Registered
Challenger SRT 392
999 Posts
Drive a Black Hellcat Charger with mufflers and intake. I drive agressive but not stupid. Zero attention.
yup me too, cops usually dont bug me...

Reactions: TOPDAWG

·
Registered
Charger SRT 392
992 Posts
My 2020 redeye is blk on blk, I drive fairly aggressive at times, but never wreckless. Have not been hassled yet (knock on wood) most cops give me the thumbs up and compliment my car. They are all pretty cool around my hometown. Good ole’ boys in the good way! Blessed I guess.
What’s the difference between aggressive and wreck less?

·
Registered
Challenger SRT Redeye
106 Posts
Definitely get followed around by the cops, but that B5 stands out like crazy, mid muffler delete, super loud hard acceleration, oh, maybe I drive the ***** like I stole it daily as well hahaha! Been pulled over a few times, twice been asked to pop the hood for pics, no tickets (knocks on wood)!!

·
Registered
13 Posts
U must be doing something wrong my Cat is loud, and when I see a cop I intentionally downshift into lowest possible gear crack pop bang boom and nothing. As long as your not doing anything wrong then don't be sketchy about the police.

·
Registered
Charger SRT Hellcat
12 Posts
Just curious why every cop I see follows me around...? Wondering if they know something about me that I don't know, or if it's just my Cat...? Or possibly the gomango color... I do know I've got a small town inbred police chief up in the Midwest who has a homosexual love affair for me, but just checking if other Hellcat owners are this famous with all cops and if everytime you look in your rear view mirror there's a cop...? 🤷
Cause their smart enough to know how fast the Hellcat is , what it looks like , and figures you wouldn't own one if you were a Volkswagen fan!
My Hellcat.jpg

·
Registered
Challenger SRT Hellcat Petty 426 stroker
2 Posts
He probably really likes your car. I think the same way, like a people are staring wanting to race or hating or cops are staring, really " most of the time" they really just like the car. Strike a convo with him and see how it goes. He may be a huge fan.

·
Registered
Challenger SRT Hellcat
9 Posts
I drive like a maniac, always 20 over, always play catch up to the car in front of me, dark% tint, no front plate.
No tickets, no cop hate.
Cops don't even look at me unless they want to give a thumbs up...

Washington state FYI

·
Registered
Challenger SRT Hellcat
16 Posts
I’ve had my Torred Cat for a couple of years now and have only been pulled over once - the day after I bought it. It was legit, I wasn’t used to the gearing and was doing 10 over, but it was obvious he just wanted to check out the car. Gave me a warning and I thanked him profusely. I just don’t get too much attention, except for young Mustang GT drivers - I just ignore them as I have nothing to prove.

·
Premium Member
Charger SRT Hellcat
26 Posts
Just curious why every cop I see follows me around...? Wondering if they know something about me that I don't know, or if it's just my Cat...? Or possibly the gomango color... I do know I've got a small town inbred police chief up in the Midwest who has a homosexual love affair for me, but just checking if other Hellcat owners are this famous with all cops and if everytime you look in your rear view mirror there's a cop...? 🤷
So, no disrespect intended Sir, But, If what you say is True, which if so is somewhat like Profiling or maybe you've
" been there done that", then you Are Screwed. When they get you,,, He will Get you !
No problems in NOLA. The "Big Easy!"
They admire and respect the car,, move on down the road at "High speed." Hoping I'm,, Willing to take a chance and,
"Play!!"

·
Registered
Challenger SRT Hellcat
174 Posts
OP, it sounds like you’ve already got some preconceived notion that the LEO’s are looking for ant excuse to pull you over. If you’re thinking that way, you might be acting that way and a veteran cop can smell that a mile away.

I’ve been eyed by LEO several times. If I they are in communication range, I ask if they want to use me to help test the high end of their speedometer. I’ve always got a laugh with a thumbs up. Most like muscle cars more than they hate punks. Good luck!

·
Registered
12 Posts
That's like asking "why is that dog smelling the other dog's ass?" He just wants to get to know you... 🤣🤣🤣 The cops thinks something is going to happen!

·
Registered
Challenger SRT Hellcat
1,608 Posts
Be honest. What’s your driving record in the area? On your DMV record? History of equipment violations? Can’t think of anything else. I’ve got a Sublime Cat and just get “thumbs up” from the locals and knowing head nods from the State Police.

·
Registered
Challenger SRT Redeye
177 Posts
2019 Redeye in bright ass sublime, mid muffler delete. I down shift and bark at the police around town. no issues. got pulled over about 2 weeks ago, for a speed contest(with a 5.0? come on sir! lol), going 42 mph in a 45. Family was in the car. Cop started asking how fast it was, then says, "if you run we don't chase cars like this". Then gives me a warning says he loves the car and color and on my way. I've had numerous police officers pull over to me, at lights, in parking lots on the side of the road, to give thumbs up and talk.

Was out cruising with a buddy who has grabber green 5.0, we were pulled over and talking. A cop pulled over to us and spent 20 mins talking to us about the 2 bright ass green cars. This was right in the middle of the covid lockdown when no one was supposed to be out, let alone talking to each other in public.

Those who fear or think that cops are out to get them are usually the ones who get pulled over. Don't do dumb stuff in your hellcat and you won't be pulled over. Most people get all googly eyed over our hellcats! Take it as that and throw the haters a big thumbs up!

·
Registered
Charger SRT Hellcat
74 Posts
Prior to my red hellcat I had a red SRT8, never pulled over in either over the 12 years of ownership although I have deserved it from time to time. Another thought, these cars are frequently stolen so keeping a closer eye on drivers is to be expected. Plus come on you didn’t buy 700 horsepower to not get on it a little bit.

·
Registered
Charger SRT Hellcat
1,008 Posts
They leave me alone but I make sure to drive like grandma when I see one around. Always have Waze running to get that early warning so I’ll know when to go into granny mode...

·
Registered
Charger SRT Hellcat
46 Posts
Yeah it just shoots up red flags to me that the last 3 of the four times I've pulled my Cat out of the garage I've watched 3 cops buzz up on my rear bumper, and we all know what that entails, they're doing the usual run of the plates, checking to see if there are any warrants, in order to pull over, plus pulling up my address to find out where I live... Which may explain why today's cop was coming out of my neighborhood after I saw him following me? I keep my nose clean so to me I'm beginning to think there's more to it.

I suspect ole' small town police chiefy boy (one of those good ole' boy towns, where everyone knows everyone, long story short with this asshole, but I had a fallout with a neighbor who is related to the fire chief, the fire chief, is the police chiefs next door neighbor, and so my neighbor said she's a very powerful woman, and they're gonna get me, and teach me a lesson, and he had one of his deputies following me around up there, I reported his deputy to him, and another cop in the next town over pulled me over after I made the report to him, within 30 minutes of me making the report, I was pulled over by the other cop in the next town over, and ole' chiefy boy called this cops cell phone during the traffic stop right in front of me. It was a fabricated traffic stop too, the cop claimed I blew thru a crosswalk, and I called his supervisor a week later, and his supervisor even said there has not been a crosswalk in that area in a long time.) Anyways I think there's a little more too it. I suspect small town chiefy boy also has a trace somehow on my phone abusing his police resources. Anyone familiar with police chiefs being legal to trace citizens personal cell phones and tracking us? Is this legal to invade our privacy?

Anyway just putting that out here, but I'm definitely keeping my eyes open and am a law abiding citizen who babies my Cat. Most times I'm doing 5 under the speed limit. But yeah thanks for your input all this thread definitely tells me something more is going on here. I have a good hunch chiefy has been tracking my phone pings, and is possibly doing some dirty phone work possibly to the cops in my home area down here... 🤔
Man I am sorry for what sounds like abuse. It is not the easiest thing to do to trace someone cell phone. Legally they would have to get a warrant and go through your carrier (a large corporation not subject to the Good Ole Boys). But if the Chief got a bogus warrant then it is possible. I would test your theory by lending your phone to a friend. If you are willing to spend some cash there are cell phones that are hard to trace by randomizing the identification of your SIM card. On this same topic I have had a cop radar me doing 22 mph in a 40 mph and then write me a ticket for 86 mph in a 40. He tried to lie and say the radar gun said I was doing 22mph over the speed limit. When i questioned his math he told me to I was free to leave, walk to his vehicle rolled up his window but i got a picture of radar gun. Currently fighting in court.

·
Registered
Charger SRT Hellcat
168 Posts
Any other Hellcat owner getting followed all over by every cop you see?

I do know I've got a small town inbred police chief up in the Midwest who has a homosexual love affair for me, but just checking if other Hellcat owners are this famous with all cops and if everytime you look in your rear view mirror there's a cop...? 🤷

I suspect ole' small town police chiefy boy (one of those good ole' boy towns, where everyone knows everyone, long story short with this asshole, but I had a fallout with a neighbor who is related to the fire chief, the fire chief, is the police chiefs next door neighbor, and so my neighbor said she's a very powerful woman, and they're gonna get me, and teach me a lesson, and he had one of his deputies following me around up there, I reported his deputy to him, and another cop in the next town over pulled me over after I made the report to him, within 30 minutes of me making the report, I was pulled over by the other cop in the next town over, and ole' chiefy boy called this cops cell phone during the traffic stop right in front of me. It was a fabricated traffic stop too, the cop claimed I blew thru a crosswalk, and I called his supervisor a week later, and his supervisor even said there has not been a crosswalk in that area in a long time.) Anyways I think there's a little more too it.
No, but most of us don't have existing drama (justified or not) with the police. Patient, you have diagnosed your own issue and do not need our input any longer. No idea how you fix the issue aside from moving far, far away.

·
Registered
Charger SRT Hellcat
146 Posts
Had two guys in a Ford F-150 pull up next to me at a stoplight and tell me I had a badass ride, then asked if I drove with the red key or black key. I responded with red key of course! Light turned green, I nailed it. They catch up, blip the siren and passenger shakes his finger at me while smiling as they drive past. Damn cops in their unmarked F-150s. 🤣

41 - 60 of 84 Posts