SRT Hellcat Forum banner

61 - 80 of 84 Posts

·
Registered
505 Posts
I don't get followed...but i have been pulled over about 4-5 times over the course of a year.

twice for tint and another time they claimed i ran a stop sign but i didnt. Never a ticket though they always let me go (knocks on wood)

·
Registered
1,488 Posts
Man I am sorry for what sounds like abuse. It is not the easiest thing to do to trace someone cell phone. Legally they would have to get a warrant and go through your carrier (a large corporation not subject to the Good Ole Boys). But if the Chief got a bogus warrant then it is possible. I would test your theory by lending your phone to a friend. If you are willing to spend some cash there are cell phones that are hard to trace by randomizing the identification of your SIM card. On this same topic I have had a cop radar me doing 22 mph in a 40 mph and then write me a ticket for 86 mph in a 40. He tried to lie and say the radar gun said I was doing 22mph over the speed limit. When i questioned his math he told me to I was free to leave, walk to his vehicle rolled up his window but i got a picture of radar gun. Currently fighting in court.
Get your car checked for rogue GPS devices.
If you find one, tape a good battery to it and slap it on the underside of an ocean transport container. The under-floor is often steel joists with flat floor on top, so there should be room.

Wave goodbye.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Well I guess I'm just waiting my turn. Been driving around town since January in my Redeye with no front plate and back plates that say "RED-EYZ". Eventually one of the locals is going to have to pull me over for something, right? I did have a guy in the drive-thru behind me once call me a stoner out his window. I guess he didn't get it.

·
Registered
In The Market
569 Posts
Well I guess I'm just waiting my turn. Been driving around town since January in my Redeye with no front plate and back plates that say "RED-EYZ". Eventually one of the locals is going to have to pull me over for something, right? I did have a guy in the drive-thru behind me once call me a stoner out his window. I guess he didn't get it.
I broke down and put this vinyl one on to stay out of trouble.
CF6A3E5D-D874-49F9-A4A4-80375B6BD501.jpeg

·
Registered
Charger SRT 392
992 Posts
I’ve had my Torred Cat for a couple of years now and have only been pulled over once - the day after I bought it. It was legit, I wasn’t used to the gearing and was doing 10 over, but it was obvious he just wanted to check out the car. Gave me a warning and I thanked him profusely. I just don’t get too much attention, except for young Mustang GT drivers - I just ignore them as I have nothing to prove.
2019 Redeye in bright ass sublime, mid muffler delete. I down shift and bark at the police around town. no issues. got pulled over about 2 weeks ago, for a speed contest(with a 5.0? come on sir! lol), going 42 mph in a 45. Family was in the car. Cop started asking how fast it was, then says, "if you run we don't chase cars like this". Then gives me a warning says he loves the car and color and on my way. I've had numerous police officers pull over to me, at lights, in parking lots on the side of the road, to give thumbs up and talk.

Was out cruising with a buddy who has grabber green 5.0, we were pulled over and talking. A cop pulled over to us and spent 20 mins talking to us about the 2 bright ass green cars. This was right in the middle of the covid lockdown when no one was supposed to be out, let alone talking to each other in public.

Those who fear or think that cops are out to get them are usually the ones who get pulled over. Don't do dumb stuff in your hellcat and you won't be pulled over. Most people get all googly eyed over our hellcats! Take it as that and throw the haters a big thumbs up!
Prior to my red hellcat I had a red SRT8, never pulled over in either over the 12 years of ownership although I have deserved it from time to time. Another thought, these cars are frequently stolen so keeping a closer eye on drivers is to be expected. Plus come on you didn’t buy 700 horsepower to not get on it a little bit.
Yes the charger and challengers are stolen a lot, mine 392 got stolen 5 months ago which actually led me to try a 5.0.

That brings me to my cop story:
About a week ago I’m driving and actually cruising I have a 5.0 now (but still enjoy the dodges and plan on coming back) and I see a Tesla nail it just for a 2nd and I thought it was bait... I got on it hard let that exhaust scream and zip past then immediately slow down... Caught a red light just as I was about to cross over into another city. Motorcycle cop is pulling up behind me or so I think, he instead pulls up beside my passenger window and it goes like this:

Cop “What’s the rush?”
Me “Oh no rush sir, honestly just out enjoying the car...”
Cop “You don’t want an aggressive driving ticket do you?”
Me “No sir I do not, and thank you I appreciate it.”

He drives off I go on about my business!

·
Registered
Charger SRT Hellcat
146 Posts
Got ticketed for Laying Drag yesterday after my niece asked if I could do a burnout. No cars in either direction so I let it rip a bit. Asked if I knew why he pulled me over and I just said, probably because of the burnout I did back there. Proceeded to tell me he was writing me citations for laying drag and reckless driving but comes back with just the one.

Then proceeds to tell me how my tinted taillights are illegal. He wasn't expecting me to know the taillight visibility requirements for GA. He argued with me a bit about it but left it alone.

·
Premium Member
In The Market
98 Posts
I think its the color, my f8 green on black is dark and not easy to see, a cop actually pulled up to me the first night i picked up my car when i was parked and told me all the spots on the highway where i can open her up where the troopers leave gaps 😂

·
Registered
28 Posts
the things you may have to do to him get out of a speeding ticket ???? i can hear the banjo playing now. lol

·
Registered
Challenger SRT Hellcat Widebody
173 Posts
just yesterday out with the wife cruising along and she says cop just pulled out of parking lot and turned our way, cop follows me for couple miles--this was in the city-- get to a red light and he pulls in behind me then backs up a bit and pulls beside me -- he says nice car wanna race so i said if you want to go out on the highway , hes laughing the whole time and says no no no cant do that then pulls away with the thumbs up.

Reactions: drocKinCO

·
Registered
Challenger Hellcat
42 Posts
I think its the color, my f8 green on black is dark and not easy to see, a cop actually pulled up to me the first night i picked up my car when i was parked and told me all the spots on the highway where i can open her up where the troopers leave gaps 😂
just yesterday out with the wife cruising along and she says cop just pulled out of parking lot and turned our way, cop follows me for couple miles--this was in the city-- get to a red light and he pulls in behind me then backs up a bit and pulls beside me -- he says nice car wanna race so i said if you want to go out on the highway , hes laughing the whole time and says no no no cant do that then pulls away with the thumbs up.
It's cool to hear that there are some cool cops out there.

·
Registered
61 Posts
Interestingly the cops in Miami leave me alone, but then again I don’t do anything to draw attention outside of the car itself and my plate which reads HELLL ..... What I do get is a lot of lesser models both challenger and charger trying to taunt the RED EYE and then they get spanked!

·
Registered
Challenger SRT Hellcat
1,889 Posts
Interestingly the cops in Miami leave me alone, but then again I don’t do anything to draw attention outside of the car itself and my plate which reads HELLL ..... What I do get is a lot of lesser models both challenger and charger trying to taunt the RED EYE and then they get spanked!
Once in a while I stop at a light with a LEO at the intersection and I can observe his (or her) behavior at the light.

Invariably they eyeball track loud vehicles, vehicles with visible modifications like big wheels, goofy looking suspension settings -- like those small import cars with excessive camber -- cars that really stand out. Other cars they do not receive much if any extra attention.

As long as one doesn't do a smokey burnout or something else quite obviously "wrong" in front a LEO the chances of getting pulled over are slim.

·
Registered
36 Posts
I can't speak on my Hellcat, both because I've only had it a couple months, and because I'm a bit more cautious since I feel like I stick out like a sore thumb. However, in my first SRT -- a Neon SRT-4, I was pulled over quite a bit. I wasn't speeding, but since it came factory without any mufflers I think it attracted attention. I learned quick where all the CARB stickers were as I was asked a number of times to point them out by cops telling me to pop the hood. I even got pulled over by the same motorcycle cop on the same stretch of freeway twice in one week because I was in the car pool lane and he didn't see my son in the child seat in the back. And I wasn't speeding then, either. And when I said "So we meet again." he just looked at me blankly like he didn't remember the same silver SRT-4 with the same big factory wing from a couple days ago...

·
Registered
Challenger SRT Hellcat
1,022 Posts
I had a Red 74 AMX I bought at the age of 15.... That's why I bought a Granite Hellcat. I wanted Arrest Me Red. Ma said the money for lawyers won't come out of the house account. The wife wins again.

·
Registered
1,488 Posts
Now that guy is truly Making America Great Again!

61 - 80 of 84 Posts