SRT Hellcat Forum banner
  • Hey Everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this months Ride of the Month Challenge!
1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
Challenger SRT Hellcat
1,553 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Last night, when I'd slow down or stop, my music would get quiet. Then, as I picked up speed, the volume got louder, back to normal. So, I clicked the 'audio' button, which lets you adjust the equalizer and so on, and found the car has a feature to automatically increase volume at speed, to help compensate for increasing road noise; I assumed mine must have been turned on, as that would explain everything, but to my surprise, it was turned off. Yet, the way my music 'behaves', it suggest that speed-sensitive volume mode is stuck on, even though it says it's turned off. Anybody else experience this odd scenario, or have any suggestions? I don't want my music to get quiet, just because I slow way down!!!

·
The Punisher
Challenger SRT Hellcat
1,043 Posts
I think a lot of things are "on" and you need to click off and back on if you want it. Had the same thing in my suspension settings...it was set to track, but displaying street.

·
Registered
Challenger SRT Hellcat
1,553 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I think a lot of things are "on" and you need to click off and back on if you want it. Had the same thing in my suspension settings...it was set to track, but displaying street.
Thanks! Another related question, are we supposed to stop the car, to toggle between street and sport and track modes? I ask, because I was rollin' down the freeway, and clicked from street to sport, and thought I heard/felt a little mechanical noise for a moment?

·
Registered
Charger SRT Hellcat
257 Posts
Thanks! Another related question, are we supposed to stop the car, to toggle between street and sport and track modes? I ask, because I was rollin' down the freeway, and clicked from street to sport, and thought I heard/felt a little mechanical noise for a moment?
You have the radio set for road noise compensation...go into settings for audio.;)

·
Registered
Challenger SRT Hellcat
1,553 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
You have the radio set for road noise compensation...go into settings for audio.;)
That's what I did and it said that function is turned off already.

·
Registered
Charger SRT Hellcat
6,126 Posts
Switch setting, turn radio off, turn back on and switch it back

·
Registered
Challenger SRT Hellcat
1,553 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
You guys took all my thunder now I have no solution to propose lmao
Well, maybe you know if it's OK to switch between track and street modes, while the car is in high-speed use, or if we're supposed to bring it to a stop before changing stuff like that?

Reactions: chopperpilot

·
Premium Member
Challenger SRT Hellcat
11,026 Posts
Well, maybe you know if it's OK to switch between track and street modes, while the car is in high-speed use, or if we're supposed to bring it to a stop before changing stuff like that?
I've tried it during high speed on freeway and it shifts with a slight mechanical noise of some sort but it does the same even when I stop. Now if it couldn't be done during driving then the SRT folks would have programmed a denial of switching modes while driving I'm sure. Just my opinion :)

·
Registered
Challenger SRT Hellcat
304 Posts
I have the same issue with my radio and just today the Bluetooth won't play my I-Tunes or my Flash drive!!!!! Just stopped right in the middle of a song and now is broken. Now it won't play at all, radio only. The stereo as whole does not seem as loud.

·
<Insert witty title here>
Charger SRT Hellcat
510 Posts
Last night, when I'd slow down or stop, my music would get quiet. Then, as I picked up speed, the volume got louder, back to normal. So, I clicked the 'audio' button, which lets you adjust the equalizer and so on, and found the car has a feature to automatically increase volume at speed, to help compensate for increasing road noise; I assumed mine must have been turned on, as that would explain everything, but to my surprise, it was turned off. Yet, the way my music 'behaves', it suggest that speed-sensitive volume mode is stuck on, even though it says it's turned off. Anybody else experience this odd scenario, or have any suggestions? I don't want my music to get quiet, just because I slow way down!!!
Yes. And my setting is on 'Off', too. Another wonderful component to this premium HK system ;)

·
Dyslexic if you're honk! (Favorite bmpr stkr)
Challenger SRT Hellcat
148 Posts
I turned on something a while back that was an over the speed limit warning. When I got 5 miles over the music got softer. Maybe that's it? I don't remember how to engage/disengage right off the top of my head. I'll look next time I'm driving.

·
The Punisher
Challenger SRT Hellcat
1,043 Posts
I have the same issue with my radio and just today the Bluetooth won't play my I-Tunes or my Flash drive!!!!! Just stopped right in the middle of a song and now is broken. Now it won't play at all, radio only. The stereo as whole does not seem as loud.
Before you end up in dealer hell...pull your battery cable and wait 20 minutes ish and reattach.

·
<Insert witty title here>
Charger SRT Hellcat
510 Posts
Find a solution yet? I contacted Ralph Gilles, but he's deferring all questions to their "top care team". I wonder if that team consists of Tim Kuniskis, as we're getting no where with Ralph.

·
Premium Member
12,594 Posts
This one I can help with. If you want a temporary change, you can do that with just a quick stop. To permanently change the setting, you need to hold the mode down for about 5 seconds. I had that happen. I hit Track mode and apparently held it longer and each time I tried to get back to street, I wasn't holding the button long enough so it would just temporarily change. Jarred the hellcat out of my teeth before I figured out how to permanently change it back.:D

·
Premium Member
12,594 Posts
I really don't think this is a settings issue. I have had that happen a few times and I HOPE we see another UConnect update soon! I have problems with my Bluetooth, USB or any connection at times. It drives me crazy and am patiently waiting for them to figure out the glitch and give us another update. Right after I did the update, my music would totally stop for a second about 3 minutes after the car was started and music playing. It also takes about a minute for the music to even start playing if you are using a mobile or secondary device. Not like that in my 12 Charger with the Alpine system. This system sounds waaaaay better, just need to update some glitches.:)

1 - 20 of 24 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.