SRT Hellcat Forum banner

Anyone an expert on brakes?

1932 23
My hellcat makes a thump or clunk noise only when I slow down to a crawl say less than 5mph to a stop but it happens maybe 25% of the time not all the time.

I researched a bit and some say calipers, a bolt, or something loose?
  • Hey Everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this months Ride of the Month Challenge!
1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
Challenger SRT Hellcat
1,084 Posts
My hellcat makes a thump or clunk noise only when I slow down to a crawl say less than 5mph to a stop but it happens maybe 25% of the time not all the time.

I researched a bit and some say calipers, a bolt, or something loose?
If I remember correctly, your car was damaged in the past ? Hopefully you can find what is going on. :confused:

·
Premium Member
Challenger SRT Hellcat
12,103 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
That sucks. I wish I could take care off all your cars so they are right. Sorry my extended family
Thanks Jim I wish you could be here too :( sometimes I feel lonely since my dealership kinda treats my hellcat like a guinea pig

·
Premium Member
Challenger SRT Hellcat
12,103 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
I really hope you find it, you don't deserve any issues now after all you have been thru. Did you say yours is Phantom or Pitch Black ? I posted a couple of Pics in the gallery of my car today. The black cars are the best:D
Thanks MVT ! It's phantom black and it sure looks hot! Well I appreciate the sympathy lol I'm getting tired of seeing my dealership in this sense LOL

·
Registered
Challenger SRT Hellcat
2,800 Posts
sorry in a way it kind of is to a point. But it's just nuts and bolts.. that's the way I look and everything I take apart for the first time. Nothing my 2 hands can't fix.

·
Premium Member
Challenger SRT Hellcat
12,103 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
sorry in a way it kind of is to a point. But it's just nuts and bolts.. that's the way I look and everything I take apart for the first time. Nothing my 2 hands can't fix.
Yeah I understand. I appreciate your help very much! I'm sure it will give them some clues as to what to look for first before trying to dissect my brakes too much lol

·
Registered
Challenger SRT Hellcat
2,800 Posts
I would not drive it if it's the caliper bolts can FU a rim if they or one falls out

·
Registered
Challenger SRT Hellcat
323 Posts
I have noticed I thud as I come to a stop only when the trans is in track mode. But not in default street mode. I think my noise is just a harder downshift to first that makes the brakes grab.

·
Premium Member
Challenger SRT Hellcat
12,103 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
I have noticed I thud as I come to a stop only when the trans is in track mode. But not in default street mode. I think my noise is just a harder downshift to first that makes the brakes grab.
Ah ok well I'm usually in street mode.
I think most of us that are familiar with Doc, would be taking our cars to him if it was logistically possible. You're an asset to the site Doc.
Most definitely. He's the doctor of Hellcats

·
Registered
Challenger SRT Hellcat
1,343 Posts
I have ran into similar noise problems that sounds like brakes but was the splines in the driveline having play and clunking coming to a stop. Just something else to think of if all the brakes check out ok.

·
Premium Member
Challenger SRT Hellcat
12,103 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
I have ran into similar noise problems that sounds like brakes but was the splines in the driveline having play and clunking coming to a stop. Just something else to think of if all the brakes check out ok.
Thanks is that spline fixable or is it normal?

1 - 20 of 24 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.