Challenger SRT Hellcat
2,213 Posts

Sorry can't help on any recommendation in San Antonio, TX. :(

Terry

·
1st Hemi, 2017 Challenger Hellcat after "51-Years"
Challenger SRT Hellcat
2,213 Posts
It's ok, I'm sure some of my fellow hellcat owners from San Antonio will hopefully chime in. Your build is striking!
I appreciate the compliment and so does my Yellow-Jacket Challenger Hellcat. :)

Actually I do have buddies from San Antonio, TX.
And they are car guys or certainly use to be a few years ago.

The buddy I stay in constant contact with had a S/C 2008 Bullitt Mustang for years.
Then traded it for a much more comfortable AMG Mercedes.
Recently he traded it for his current 2017 VW Golf R.
He took delivery of his 1-Day before we, Cathy (Wife) and I picked up the identical Golf R here in Franklin, TN.

Tom with his new Golf R the day he picked it up.

Cathy (Wife) and I as we picked her's up the very next day.

And her and I at home with it that day.

Enjoy your New Machine buddy. :D

Terry

·
Registered
Charger SRT Hellcat
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I appreciate the compliment and so does my Yellow-Jacket Challenger Hellcat. :)

Actually I do have buddies from San Antonio, TX.
And they are car guys or certainly use to be a few years ago.

The buddy I stay in constant contact with had a S/C 2008 Bullitt Mustang for years.
Then traded it for a much more comfortable AMG Mercedes.
Recently he traded it for his current 2017 VW Golf R.
He took delivery of his 1-Day before we, Cathy (Wife) and I picked up the identical Golf R here in Franklin, TN.

Tom with his new Golf R the day he picked it up.

Cathy (Wife) and I as we picked her's up the very next day.

And her and I at home with it that day.

Enjoy your New Machine buddy. :D

Terry
Awww, That's pretty cool! Great story, thanks for sharing. :)

·
Administrator
Challenger SRT Hellcat
7,676 Posts
Welcome to the forum from Quebec, No where near SA :rolleyes:. There are a few on here from there though.
Enjoy your cat and be safe:)

·
Premium Member
Challenger SRT Hellcat
8,157 Posts
Welcome to the forum and congrats on the Hellcat. I’m sure someone will pick you up.

Actually I know one such big baller from SA/TX who is a rockstar in his own right.

Calling toekneethetiger :)

·
Premium Member
Charger SRT Hellcat
2,941 Posts
210 For life Amigo! I'm here in SA.

Welcome! Great looking car. We have very similar taste.

Sorry to say that I just take mine to the dealer in Boerne. I know a few guys that could work on it but I'm not confident enough to make a recommendation. I bet weebz could point you in the right direction though.

·
Registered
Charger SRT Hellcat
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #12

Sorry to say that I just take mine to the dealer in Boerne. I know a few guys that could work on it but I'm not confident enough to make a recommendation. I bet weebz could point you in the right direction though.[/QU

Sorry to say that I just take mine to the dealer in Boerne. I know a few guys that could work on it but I'm not confident enough to make a recommendation. I bet weebz could point you in the right direction though.
Thank you for the reply! I'm looking for someone that could replace the front brake pads in the near future. The dealer has quoted a ridiculous amount. They say that they can't only replace brake pads. They have to replace the rotors and pads even though there is nothing wrong with the rotors. I have seen other post where it mentions that replacing the pads is possible without having to replace the rotors and that the brakes function as intended. Would the people you know be able to do that type of work?

·
Registered
Charger SRT Hellcat
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Welcome to the forum and congrats on the Hellcat. I’m sure someone will pick you up.

Actually I know one such big baller from SA/TX who is a rockstar in his own right.

Calling toekneethetiger :)
Thank you for the warm welcome and thank you for tagging toekneethetiger for me!

Everyone has been extremely wonderful and welcoming so far. It's great to meet other Hellcat owners.

·
Premium Member
Challenger SRT Hellcat
8,157 Posts
Thank you for the warm welcome and thank you for tagging toekneethetiger for me!

Everyone has been extremely wonderful and welcoming so far. It's great to meet other Hellcat owners.
You are most welcome. This forum really is a well knit community. Hope you are able to find a reliable shop/dealership for your work. Cheers!

·
HOTM Winner
Challenger SRT Hellcat
7,994 Posts
Hello, I'm new here and I'm looking for recommendations for reputable mechanics or shops that have experience with working on Hellcats in San Antonio, TX or the surrounding area. Not a fan of dealership service. Thank you!
Well, to respond to this threads question with sarcastic humor:
Yes.
There are a lot of people living in San Antonio, Texas. :cool:

·
Registered
Charger SRT Hellcat
74 Posts
Can't help on the locals but welcome from WA!

·
Registered
Charger SRT Hellcat
625 Posts
Hello, I'm new here and I'm looking for recommendations for reputable mechanics or shops that have experience with working on Hellcats in San Antonio, TX or the surrounding area. Not a fan of dealership service. Thank you!
Welcome to San Antonio! I guess this leaves me as your resident San Antonio conection. I am "weebz" in this forum, I build and sell custom hellcat parts in the forum. I can most certainly direct you where to go to get the things done that you need to get done. We also have an amazing mopar car club here in San Antonio that is very active, there's usually something going on every week. We do a lot of cruise events and a lot of charity events. Here is the link to Alamo City Modern Mopar:
Alamo City LX Car Club.
I will be glad to meet up with you anytime you would like on the weekend, introduce you to the club. I also frequent a Friday night cruise in car show, particularly American Muscle from the 50's to present. That usually meets every Friday night at Biff Buzby's. Great hamburger restaurant, during season (day light to daylight savings) some type of live music, typically up to 100 cars.
How may I assist you?

·
Registered
Charger SRT Hellcat
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Welcome to San Antonio! I guess this leaves me as your resident San Antonio conection. I am "weebz" in this forum, I build and sell custom hellcat parts in the forum. I can most certainly direct you where to go to get the things done that you need to get done. We also have an amazing mopar car club here in San Antonio that is very active, there's usually something going on every week. We do a lot of cruise events and a lot of charity events. Here is the link to Alamo City Modern Mopar:
Alamo City LX Car Club.
I will be glad to meet up with you anytime you would like on the weekend, introduce you to the club. I also frequent a Friday night cruise in car show, particularly American Muscle from the 50's to present. That usually meets every Friday night at Biff Buzby's. Great hamburger restaurant, during season (day light to daylight savings) some type of live music, typically up to 100 cars.
How may I assist you?
Thank you for the welcome and the valuable information! I will check out the link and look forward to meeting you sometime soon. I'm still learning how to use this forum, so I'm not sure if this is the right place to post my question. I'm looking for someone that can replace the front brake pads in the near future. I took the car to the dealer for scheduled service and when they looked it over they said that I will be needing new front brakes in the near future. They quoted me a ridiculous amount approximately $3,000 and they said that the reason it cost so much is because they can't only replace the brake pads but that they have to replace the rotors as well. There is nothing wrong with the rotors and I have read in this forum that replacing the pads without the rotors is perfectly fine. Therefore, I would like to find a reputable place in town to get the work done. Thank you in advance for your kind reply!

1 - 20 of 37 Posts