SRT Hellcat Forum banner

1 - 20 of 60 Posts

·
Registered
86 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I love my Hellcat Charger that I purchased back in May. However I'm starting to get bored . Not becasue it isn't fast enough or that I don't enjoy driving it. It's that I can never use the HP. I can get in it for a second or two in order to enjoy the wine of the blower and the sound of the exhaust but being that I daily drive it less than 30 miles a day to and from work I don't get the opportunity to open it up on off ramps etc. I thoroughly enjoy the suspension and all the different SRT modes, and the brakes are super car worthy.

I'm thinking about trading it in for a 15-18 SRT which has all the stuff I enjoy minus the blower. Thoughts? I like the wide body but I don't purchase new cars anymore, not worth the depreciation hit for me.

As I used to work for Tesla I'm also concidering a use P85D or P90D.

Thoughts?

·
Registered
131 Posts
I went from a 392 charger to a Hellcat RE and I agree with you on not being able to use the full power but I wouldn’t trade it back in. Do I miss my charger? Yes, and I will probably end up getting another but keeping the hellcat. Btw, I drive about 24 miles round trip to work but I will never get bored of the that whine.

·
Registered
40 Posts
What differences did the SRT package on the now discontinued srt392 have vs the new scat packs?

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

·
Registered
86 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Everything is the same except for the SRT steering wheel, SRT badges and the seats said SRT
Sorry you are a little wrong. The SRT cars had the active exhaust, active suspensions, and the six piston brakes. The scat packs then and now can have those added but are not standard.

·
Registered
131 Posts
Sorry you are a little wrong. The SRT cars had the active exhaust, active suspensions, and the six piston brakes. The scat packs then and now can have those added but are not standard.
The active exhaust was in the scat packs too before (it wasn’t an option)..I used to have one and he was asking about the differences..SRT badges etc are not available hence why I said it.

·
Registered
1,356 Posts
If you are considering getting rid of the HC for Tesla then I would say yes you don't enjoy the HC so you should get rid of it.

·
Registered
86 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
If you are considering getting rid of the HC for Tesla then I would say yes you don't enjoy the HC so you should get rid of it.
Have you driven one? The P85D and P90D accelerate as hard as our HC. However the day to day stuff you can experience their capabilities more, at least on my drive. Again not sure about any of this. I've had Muscle cars my entire life.

·
Registered
163 Posts
If you’re bored or feel you’re not enjoying the benefits of a HC, drive with the black key for a couple days and I think you’ll soon realize trading will be a mistake.

I took my HC to the dealer for service with the black key recently and it was a sad day lol. Or even worse, drive in valet mode lol.

·
Registered
1,283 Posts
I love my Hellcat Charger that I purchased back in May. However I'm starting to get bored . Not becasue it isn't fast enough or that I don't enjoy driving it. It's that I can never use the HP. I can get in it for a second or two in order to enjoy the wine of the blower and the sound of the exhaust but being that I daily drive it less than 30 miles a day to and from work I don't get the opportunity to open it up on off ramps etc. I thoroughly enjoy the suspension and all the different SRT modes, and the brakes are super car worthy.

I'm thinking about trading it in for a 15-18 SRT which has all the stuff I enjoy minus the blower. Thoughts? I like the wide body but I don't purchase new cars anymore, not worth the depreciation hit for me.

As I used to work for Tesla I'm also concidering a use P85D or P90D.

Thoughts?

So I have a HCWB and a Tesla Model S P85, and they are both awesome cars. The Tesla is easier to drive fast, the HCWB is more rewarding. You can use all of what the Tesla gives you on the street, while to get everything that's possible out of the HCWB you really need track time. To go fast in the Tesla requires little to no skill, while to go fast in the HCWB requires more attention and some training really helps. Tesla is pushing out a 5% power boost via OTA software update, and the HCWB is a pulley away from 750+ HP. They are two totally different experiences for sure.

If I had to go down to just one.....honestly it would be a close call.

·
Registered
1,356 Posts
Have you driven one? The P85D and P90D accelerate as hard as our HC. However the day to day stuff you can experience their capabilities more, at least on my drive. Again not sure about any of this. I've had Muscle cars my entire life.
No Teslas aren't really available in this area, I think I've maybe seen 1 on the road and there is no infrastructure to support them. My point is you are stating the reasons it would be better for your use so I think you are making your decision. That said, I had a SRT (6.1) before the Hellcat and if there was no Hellcat I would still have the 6.1 as it was plenty of fun.

·
Registered
107 Posts
Everything is the same except for the SRT steering wheel, SRT badges and the seats said SRT
Incorrect. Brakes, hood, active suspension, wheels. SRT is a HC with different engine and trans, everything else is the same.

To OP, I thought of getting an SRT over a HC. This is my grocery getter so I felt in the same position as you. I decided against because at some point I may want to mod and the 6.4 does not handle boost well and the cost of adding power to an NA is high and not worth it.

·
Registered
131 Posts
Incorrect. Brakes, hood, active suspension, wheels. SRT is a HC with different engine and trans, everything else is the same.

To OP, I thought of getting an SRT over a HC. This is my grocery getter so I felt in the same position as you. I decided against because at some point I may want to mod and the 6.4 does not handle boost well and the cost of adding power to an NA is high and not worth it.
Actually not really..again he is comparing new scat packs to the SRT 392. A fully loaded scat pack is the same as a SRT 392 except for badges and seats (I forgot to add red seat belts).

·
Registered
4,997 Posts
The Scat fully loaded with all the options yeah they are pretty close but the SRT had all that standard.

Still have better seats in the SRT, the gauges are a little different, red starter button, optional stripes etc. That's all I wanted, a loaded up cruiser and loved the stripes. In 16 when I bought mine there was no comparison, the SRT was miles ahead in comfort and looks. Still not digging the Bee thing so they would have to go.

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk

·
Registered
16 Posts
I was also considering a P90DL model x or P100DL model s before I purchased my HC. My main reason for picking the HC is because gas guzzlers will be a thing of the past at some point in my lifetime. I have plenty of years ahead to enjoy the torque of the electric monsters, but I think limited time to enjoy the scream of a supercharged v8 (i've never had a muscle car before)

Bottom line, thought, is if you're bored, find something that makes you feel alive. If it's a Tesla, so be it! I hate to say this, but "You only live once"

·
Registered
37 Posts
I decided to park my hellcat this weekend and drive my 07 Accord and I cant go another day without driving it lol. My commute is only about 12 miles round trip but I enjoy every second of it.

·
Registered
523 Posts
With the big rebates you would take a bath on your Hellcat. I originally owned a Scat Pack back in 2014 when the Hellcat hype was in full bloom. It was a great car, but not anywhere close to a Hellcat. I would say you are better off getting out of Dodge products completely if you are bored. I just sold mine and picked up a 2013 Boss 302 that I've added a Whipple Supercharger to. The Mustang is definitely faster than my stock Hellcat and is way lighter, but I miss the Hellcat quite a bit. It was way more comfortable and I enjoyed things like the heated and cooled seats and the modern tech. I get bored with cars quick and after a Scat Pack and two Hellcats it was time to move on. I will pick up another one at some point probably a Charger or Trackhawk next time.

·
Registered
91 Posts
I went the opposite way. I sold my 2015 Scat Pack because I got bored with its power, not saying 6.4's are slouches, but I wanted more. The sound of the supercharger whine is a constant eargasm every time I hear it.

I'll never buy a new car ever again though lol

·
Vendor
3,138 Posts
My SRT is more than enough for daily driving, like mentioned it's not like you can use the power everyday. That being said I do smile every time I'm in a Hellcat and hear the whine or get behind the wheel and know that power is there.

- Alexis

·
Registered
116 Posts
I just traded in a SRT 392 for my Hellcat. I had a 2017 Challenger Hellcat and missed it eveyday I was without it. I purchased the 2018 SRT 392 and enjoyed it, but still missed the Hellcat. I had it for just a year and traded it in on a 2019 Challenger Hellcat. I will not make that mistake again. The 392 was no slouch, but it did not have the wow factor of the Hellcat, just my opinion.

1 - 20 of 60 Posts