SRT Hellcat Forum banner
  • Hey Everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this months Ride of the Month Challenge!
21 - 40 of 63 Posts

·
Registered
2020 Challenger Hellcat Redeye
731 Posts
Most of those cars you listed are going to fall within the driver's race category. Both the ZL1 and the GT500 can beat a Hellcat. It just depends on who makes the mistake first. Theorycraft says GT500 vs. Hellcat = loss for the Hellcat, 100% chance. The reality is that a Redeye can pull within the GT500's factory 1/4mi time by within .15, mathematically speaking. Having owned lots of S550s, I know where the theorycraft fails in this example. The Mustang chassis (and the GT500), is imprecise at launch. The GT500 handles it a little better, but it's still very light in the rear like every Mustang since the dawn of time. If the driver isn't good, he'll blow the tires off or get loose inside the 60ft. But, in a science vaccuum, yes, GT500 wins. If the GT500 is driven perfectly, it wins.

But that's the thing about drag racing, it rarely goes perfectly and why street cars pitted within .5 of one another can be a very good race on any given day.
Not to mention the GT500 was designed to have larger tires on the rear unlike the Hellcats... and yes, that includes the "widebody" Challengers..

·
Registered
2018 Charger Hellcat
2,400 Posts
There will always be someone faster. Just enjoy what you want to enjoy. I don't race mine so, even though I want to send the car to HHP for the 800 HP package, it would be a waste of $ for me at this time. So I somehow survive with just 707.

·
Registered
Challenger SRT Hellcat
473 Posts
you want to be the fastest, buy a 1000cc speed bike. Unless you are racing professionally just buy what you like and enjoy high, yet safe speeds. Anything goes "fast" nowadays, even corollas.

·
Registered
133 Posts
I was walking to my car after a car show Saturday and there were 3 guys walking by my car and one said "there's that Hellcat". When I was leaving, just idling down the main road where all the show cars were parked, people that were walking in the street and on the side could here the whine and would turn to look. Now my HC is just plain white, not much different than any other Charger, but people knew. Don't care if I'm not the fastest, can anyone say who is? Like my old girlfriend who looked at my manpart and asked who I was going to satisfy with that. I said "ME".

·
Registered
‘21 SRT SUPER STOCK
1,391 Posts
I was walking to my car after a car show Saturday and there were 3 guys walking by my car and one said "there's that Hellcat". When I was leaving, just idling down the main road where all the show cars were parked, people that were walking in the street and on the side could here the whine and would turn to look. Now my HC is just plain white, not much different than any other Charger, but people knew. Don't care if I'm not the fastest, can anyone say who is? Like my old girlfriend who looked at my manpart and asked who I was going to satisfy with that. I said "ME".
Nice read

·
Registered
1 Posts
I wanted a fast car for myself and to be able to make it pretty. I don't have an ego attached to it to be 'the best X' because of the car. I want to decorate it and make it pretty. Hopefully get to race it next year, but I'm going to keep it stock more or less.

·
Premium Member
2020 M6 HC
1,122 Posts
Now my HC is just plain white, not much different than any other Charger, but people knew.
White is a highly underrated color. If you see it side by side with other colors, it is surprising how it stands out, like sublime or mango, just a bit more conservative.

·
Registered
2021 Durango Hellcat
23 Posts
I wanted a fast car for myself and to be able to make it pretty. I don't have an ego attached to it to be 'the best X' because of the car. I want to decorate it and make it pretty. Hopefully get to race it next year, but I'm going to keep it stock more or less.
This…. I’m enjoying the hell out of this thing even if it’s not as fast as a Plaid. Hell the second it remote starts I’m smiling. Burbles, pops, cackles from the exhaust…. you can’t measure those with a stop watch.

·
Registered
Challenger SRT Hellcat
255 Posts
I have a different perspective. My 2015 Challenger Hellcat was stolen in February and never seen again. I miss it everyday and absolutely loved it. It was a thrill every time I saw it, cranked it or drove it. Oddly enough, I bought a Tesla Model S to replace it due to it being harder to steal. I’m surprised by my enjoyment of the Tesla too. It is plenty fast, comfortable on long drives and settles a curiosity I developed about driving an all electric car and dealing with charging and autopilot. Very different car in almost every way. Don’t get me wrong, I wish my Hellcat would show up again every day but the Tesla is no slouch either. If someone had told me I would be driving a Tesla a year ago I would have laughed out loud an obnoxious laugh. I had been a car nut for almost 50 years but I’m not ashamed of my decision. I’m disappointed at Dodge for designing a fantastic car with so little theft deterrent features knowing it has been one of the most stolen cars produced recently. Just my 2 cents worth.

Good afternoon cat family just wanted to get a sense of as many of you on here. Anyone like me who bought their car just to enjoy the every second of it and not worrying about it being the fast car out there. I hear a lot of carp about the hellcat not being the fastest nor dominant car on the road. But was it ever really? As one else like me?

·
Registered
Challenger SRT Hellcat
212 Posts
Most of those cars you listed are going to fall within the driver's race category. Both the ZL1 and the GT500 can beat a Hellcat. It just depends on who makes the mistake first. Theorycraft says GT500 vs. Hellcat = loss for the Hellcat, 100% chance. The reality is that a Redeye can pull within the GT500's factory 1/4mi time by within .15, mathematically speaking. Having owned lots of S550s, I know where the theorycraft fails in this example. The Mustang chassis (and the GT500), is imprecise at launch. The GT500 handles it a little better, but it's still very light in the rear like every Mustang since the dawn of time. If the driver isn't good, he'll blow the tires off or get loose inside the 60ft. But, in a science vaccuum, yes, GT500 wins. If the GT500 is driven perfectly, it wins.

But that's the thing about drag racing, it rarely goes perfectly and why street cars pitted within .5 of one another can be a very good race on any given day.

For what it's worth, stock for stock, the ZL1 will not beat a Hellcat unless it's modded or was able to hook better on the hit. There are a few videos of these two cars that are a drivers race and pretty much equal.

I did several runs with a ZL1 against my Cat which were both stock power at the time. There both pretty much dead even. The Cat will put up a fight and that ZL1 will not pull away from it. There both so close in straight line speed. Just sharing some personal experiences here. I'm not biased as I like both those cars and will tell it as it is.

However the ZL1 will hook better. The GT500 will definitely pull on a Hellcat and the GT500 will slightly pull on a Redeye all stock for stock power levels.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Loved my M6 WB 2018 hellcat. Sold it for mustangs I could track drive, and don’t regret it. But I do dearly miss the hellcat, they just have such great character. They are comfy, fast, and just a great experience to own.

there is always someone out there faster then you, that’s never bothered me. Love the car for how you want to love it.

ive Owned lots of cars based on how they make me feel regardless or power, performance, comfort etc. Still to this day one of the most fun cars I’ve owned was my modified fiat 500abarth lol

·
Registered
‘21 SRT SUPER STOCK
1,391 Posts
The other day I had a Huracan roll up on me holding 4th, there was a mutual respect afoot as he casually crept on by

·
Registered
Challenger SRT Hellcat
30 Posts
Good afternoon cat family just wanted to get a sense of as many of you on here. Anyone like me who bought their car just to enjoy the every second of it and not worrying about it being the fast car out there. I hear a lot of carp about the hellcat not being the fastest nor dominant car on the road. But was it ever really? As one else like me?
The Hellcat is an absolutely awesome car! Both my son and I have them and have done numerous mods. We are both avid street racers and live in Detroit where there is street racing on Woodward Ave almost every weekend. Mine has 900 RWHP his is 805 RWHP. I have not been beat yet as it all has to do with the driver. I always tell my son what my dad told me many years ago....There is always a faster car! I just have not run into one yet. Drive on brother and be proud!

·
Registered
4 Posts
Where I live, probably the most common "sports" car is a Subaru. I am constantly being egged on by young males in their WRXs who either don't know what a 800 HP Red Eye can do or just want to see it take off. Funny story - I was at an intersection of 2 country roads. I turned the corner and then stomped on it. The back end slid sideways a bit and then hooked up. I shut it down a few second later as I was approaching some houses. A few seconds later, I looked in the rear view mirror and saw a white Charger with a flat black hood blast up behind me so close I couldn't see his license plate. I resisted taking the bait as I noticed a spotlight on the driver's side! Heads up if you live around Denver or Boulder. This is the second unmarked Charger I've seen.

·
Registered
2020 Challenger Hellcat Redeye
731 Posts
For what it's worth, stock for stock, the ZL1 will not beat a Hellcat unless it's modded or was able to hook better on the hit. There are a few videos of these two cars that are a drivers race and pretty much equal.
It's all a drivers race when it comes to a stock ZL1 vs stock Hellcat... unless it's a 6spd ZL1 which even a modded SS/GT is hanging with those due to just a piss poor software configuration on that transmission.

And to be blunt, if you gave the ZL1 the same power as a Hellcat, it gets even uglier for the Hellcat.. and yeah I know, thats not how it works, just saying, the ZL1 gets better with minimal mods while the Hellcat really suffers from an old design with lack of room for a quality tire..

21 - 40 of 63 Posts